Most people don’t even realize how a migraine
painaffect their overall health.
Besides a headache, you may have a
sensitivity to light, noise, and smells. You may have blurred vision or may see
dots or wavy lines. You may also experience nausea and fatigue. Let’s have a
look how a migraine turns from just headaches to life aches.
Impact of a Migraine
Beside from headaches, migraine hurt
- Legs- According to a clinical
research study, one in six migraine patients were reported to have restless leg
syndrome during a migraine attack. Restless leg syndrome is an irresistible
urge to move legs and it is most likely to happen when you are trying to sleep.
The condition causes your legs to feel creeping, throbbing, or prickling.
- Heart- According to the research
study, people having migraine are more likely to die from a heart attack,
stroke, or heart disease. Research
studies revealed the link between heart problems and migraines. If a person is already
suffering from heart disease, then the condition becomes worse for people
experience a migraine painwith aura.
- Mental Health- Any type of pain can be
depressing. A migraine and depression are
interconnected, head pain can make the patient depressed which can exacerbate
the pain. Anxiety also attacks migraine sufferers as they constantly have a
fear of occurring a migraine episode. Stress from anxiety is found to be one of
the major triggers of a migraine.
- Sleep Pattern- taking adequate sleep
helps migraines but who can sleep when the migraine level makes it nearly
impossible to get that shut-eye. A research study reveals that the lack of
sleep could bring on a migraine. Insomnia and migraines linked in a way that
curing one problem can bring relief in the other condition.
- Muscles- in a survey, muscle
weakness came up as a complaint of migraine sufferers. Many participants in the
survey reported having body aches and tight muscles as a result of a migraine.
Many reported that their migraine makes it harder to exercise, preventing them
from getting to the gym and being a trigger for a migraine attack, resulting in
- Daily Routine- According to studies,
many migraine sufferers altered their daily routine to avoid the suspected
cause of a migraine. For some, avoiding
triggers means skipping a gym session, or avoiding a glass of wine or skipping
a movie night. Sleep problems, certain strong odors,
bright lights, weather, and stress are the most commonly reported triggers of a
- Love Life- According to studies,
about 90% of migraine sufferers believed that their migraine hurt their
relationship status. Migraine cause a kind of burden on caregivers and migraine
sufferers feels terrible about the fact, which causes a migraine patient to
withdraw from emotional and physical contact from their loved ones. This
condition only worsens the pain. A study found that having sex during a
migraine can provide relief from migraine
Read: Natural Ways to Reduce Migraine Symptoms
- Social Life- Migraine sufferers must
turn down fun plans many times because of their throbbing pain. According to a
migraine survey in America, two-thirds of migraine sufferers reported having a
migraine that lasted for five days or even more. Such people are more worried
about disappointing others because of their debilitating pain. Many were even
embarrassed and tried to hide their migraine from their family and friends.
- Hobbies- Most people are excited
by a change in the weather, but for migraine sufferers, a slight change in the atmosphere
could trigger severe pain.
- Professional Life- because of the chronic
pain, a migraine sufferer has to stop working, too leave or reduce their work
hours due to the illness which reduces productivity. A migraine is believed to interfere with job training and schooling
of a migraine sufferer.
- Finances- Migraine medications are not cheap, expensive medicines for migraine pain are available to manage the symptoms. Try reliablerxpharmacy.com to get the best medicine for a migraine.
Migraines can be unbearable and disturbing. They not only cause throbbing pain in your head but may also make you feel uneasy and nauseated. However, taking medical help generally helps to improve the condition and allow you to live a normal life. Therefore, it is important to take medical assistance to significantly reduce migraine pain along with certain natural remedies.
A migraine is generally described as an episodic headache that can be disabling. It affects one half of the head during an attack. It is estimated that around 28 million people in the USA required migraine remedies to treat their headaches. Furthermore around 18.2% of females and 6.5% of males having at least one migraine attack per year. About 53% of those individuals who are suffering from a migraine reported to experience a severe disability that they need bed rest during an attack, so home remedies for such patients are essential to dependable treatment. During a migraine, the pain is throbbing or pulsing with a tendency to become a continuous ache.
Here are some natural things that are recommended as effective migraine remedies. The natural ways for migraine relief are recommended by keeping in mind that every patient with a migraine is different and requires individualized therapy. A migraine requires periodic monitoring and medical supervision is recommended along with the use of these natural pain relievers.
- Drink water- Sometimes inadequate hydration may also contribute to a headache. In fact, dehydration is believed to be the common cause of tension headaches and migraines. Thankfully, by drinking water, one can relieve headache symptoms within 30 minutes to three hours. Dehydration can also affect your concentration level and cause irritability, which makes your symptoms become worse. So to keep you away from dehydration effects, make sure you drink enough water throughout the day and eat water containing foods.
- Include ginger in your diet- According to the research; ginger can significantly reduce the severity and frequency of a migraine. It may also have other benefits. Choose to drink ginger tea to help you get rid of nausea associated with a migraine.
- Go with magnesium-rich foods- The deficiency of magnesium is linked to headaches and migraines. Studies revealed that magnesium oxide supplements are helpful in preventing migraines with aura. It also helps in preventing menstrual-related migraines in women. You can get magnesium from foods such as almonds, cashews, oatmeal, Brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, peanut butter, sunflower seeds, eggs, and sesame seeds.
- Reap the benefits of the antioxidant properties of peppermint- Numerous studies show the benefits of peppermint when it comes to reducing the severity and duration of a migraine. The fragrance of peppermint help relieves headaches and soothe your nerves. You can either sip freshly brewed peppermint tea, smell fresh peppermint leave, or massage your head with its oil.
- Use Lavender Oil- By inhaling lavender oil, you can ease migraine pain. According to a research study that took place in 2012, people who inhaled lavender oil once they got a migraine attack experienced quick relief than those who did not inhale. You can either inhale it directly or apply to the temple area.
- Give a try to acupressure- Applying pressure with the fingers and hands to specific points on the body can help you relieve migraine symptoms. Acupressure is an effective alternative therapy for people in pain from chronic headaches and other health conditions. It also has the potential to relieve migraine-associated nausea, a study suggests.
- Perform yoga- Yoga involves, breathing, meditation, and body postures help maintain a healthy body. Many research studies show that yoga is beneficial in relieving frequency, duration, and intensity of migraines. It is believed to release tension in a migraine affected areas and improve the overall health.
- Get sound sleep- Too much or little sleep can worsen your symptoms. So it is necessary to take 7 to 8-hour A quality sleep is required to distance yourself from migraine pain.
These are some natural ways to reduce a migraine and improve the overall well being. By following these remedies along with medical treatment, one can lower his/her risk of getting a migraine attack and live a quality life.
Non- prescription or over the counter (OTC) drugs are widely recommended by healthcare experts who treat a migraine and some under the counter migraine remedies are considered to be extremely beneficial in treating migraine headaches. Continue Reading
There are some migraine medicines which you might take to manage your health condition can either lead to or aggravate a headache. You need to work together with your healthcare provider to determine any of the pharmaceutical agents are triggering your headache. Continue Reading
About 28 millions of people in the USA are suffering from migraines. If you are one of them, you knew how painful and disabled a migraine headache can be. The good news is that you can easily help yourself to reduce your pain during a migraine attack or prevent migraine headaches. You can lower the risk by simply avoiding stress, alcohol, certain foods that trigger a migraine, eating a regular diet, and getting enough sleep. Continue Reading
A tension is the most common reason for a headache. It can cause mild, moderate or intense pain in your head, neck, behind your eyes. The majority of people who suffer from tension headaches, observes it occurring once or twice in a month on an average. However, tension headaches can also be chronic; it can last for more than 15 days a month. It is uncomfortable and tiring, but do not usually disturb sleep. People can even carry on working with a tension headache. Continue Reading
A Migraine is common and usually painful. There are ways to prevent a migraine attack, and there are good treatments available for them. Regular stretching and yoga are the best migraine remedies. Continue Reading
Headache is one of the most common types of pain experienced by adults as well as children.It can be experienced by anyone and there can be several headache triggers.
Ever been held hostage by a headache? Don’t worry, you are not alone — migraine is an affliction that affects an estimated one billion people. Migraines can cause severe and painful headaches that can last for hours or even days.
Aspirin is a medication that is widely known for its frequent use. It is salicylate and works by reducing the substances in the body that results in inflammation, pain, and fever. Aspirin is used for many purposes. It can be used in preventing heart attacks, chest pain, and strokes. It is found to be an active ingredient in cold and flu preparations as well. However, its use for conditions like cancer and diabetes is still under investigation. Continue Reading