Migraines can be unbearable and disturbing. They not only cause throbbing pain in your head but may also make you feel uneasy and nauseated. However, taking medical help generally helps to improve the condition and allow you to live a normal life. Therefore, it is important to take medical assistance to significantly reduce migraine pain along with certain natural remedies.
A migraine is generally described as an episodic headache that can be disabling. It affects one half of the head during an attack. It is estimated that around 28 million people in the USA required migraine remedies to treat their headaches. Furthermore around 18.2% of females and 6.5% of males having at least one migraine attack per year. About 53% of those individuals who are suffering from a migraine reported to experience a severe disability that they need bed rest during an attack, so home remedies for such patients are essential to dependable treatment. During a migraine, the pain is throbbing or pulsing with a tendency to become a continuous ache.
Here are some natural things that are recommended as effective migraine remedies. The natural ways for migraine relief are recommended by keeping in mind that every patient with a migraine is different and requires individualized therapy. A migraine requires periodic monitoring and medical supervision is recommended along with the use of these natural pain relievers.
- Drink water- Sometimes inadequate hydration may also contribute to a headache. In fact, dehydration is believed to be the common cause of tension headaches and migraines. Thankfully, by drinking water, one can relieve headache symptoms within 30 minutes to three hours. Dehydration can also affect your concentration level and cause irritability, which makes your symptoms become worse. So to keep you away from dehydration effects, make sure you drink enough water throughout the day and eat water containing foods.
- Include ginger in your diet- According to the research; ginger can significantly reduce the severity and frequency of a migraine. It may also have other benefits. Choose to drink ginger tea to help you get rid of nausea associated with a migraine.
- Go with magnesium-rich foods- The deficiency of magnesium is linked to headaches and migraines. Studies revealed that magnesium oxide supplements are helpful in preventing migraines with aura. It also helps in preventing menstrual-related migraines in women. You can get magnesium from foods such as almonds, cashews, oatmeal, Brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, peanut butter, sunflower seeds, eggs, and sesame seeds.
- Reap the benefits of the antioxidant properties of peppermint- Numerous studies show the benefits of peppermint when it comes to reducing the severity and duration of a migraine. The fragrance of peppermint help relieves headaches and soothe your nerves. You can either sip freshly brewed peppermint tea, smell fresh peppermint leave, or massage your head with its oil.
- Use Lavender Oil- By inhaling lavender oil, you can ease migraine pain. According to a research study that took place in 2012, people who inhaled lavender oil once they got a migraine attack experienced quick relief than those who did not inhale. You can either inhale it directly or apply to the temple area.
- Give a try to acupressure- Applying pressure with the fingers and hands to specific points on the body can help you relieve migraine symptoms. Acupressure is an effective alternative therapy for people in pain from chronic headaches and other health conditions. It also has the potential to relieve migraine-associated nausea, a study suggests.
- Perform yoga- Yoga involves, breathing, meditation, and body postures help maintain a healthy body. Many research studies show that yoga is beneficial in relieving frequency, duration, and intensity of migraines. It is believed to release tension in a migraine affected areas and improve the overall health.
- Get sound sleep- Too much or little sleep can worsen your symptoms. So it is necessary to take 7 to 8-hour A quality sleep is required to distance yourself from migraine pain.
These are some natural ways to reduce a migraine and improve the overall well being. By following these remedies along with medical treatment, one can lower his/her risk of getting a migraine attack and live a quality life.