Most people don’t even realize how a migraine painaffect their overall health. Besides a headache, you may have a sensitivity to light, noise, and smells. You may have blurred vision or may see dots or wavy lines. You may also experience nausea and fatigue. Let’s have a look how a migraine turns from just headaches to life aches.
Impact of a Migraine
Beside from headaches, migraine hurt these things:
- Legs- According to a clinical research study, one in six migraine patients were reported to have restless leg syndrome during a migraine attack. Restless leg syndrome is an irresistible urge to move legs and it is most likely to happen when you are trying to sleep. The condition causes your legs to feel creeping, throbbing, or prickling.
- Heart- According to the research study, people having migraine are more likely to die from a heart attack, stroke, or heart disease. Research studies revealed the link between heart problems and migraines. If a person is already suffering from heart disease, then the condition becomes worse for people experience a migraine painwith aura.
- Mental Health- Any type of pain can be depressing. A migraine and depression are interconnected, head pain can make the patient depressed which can exacerbate the pain. Anxiety also attacks migraine sufferers as they constantly have a fear of occurring a migraine episode. Stress from anxiety is found to be one of the major triggers of a migraine.
- Sleep Pattern- taking adequate sleep helps migraines but who can sleep when the migraine level makes it nearly impossible to get that shut-eye. A research study reveals that the lack of sleep could bring on a migraine. Insomnia and migraines linked in a way that curing one problem can bring relief in the other condition.
- Muscles- in a survey, muscle weakness came up as a complaint of migraine sufferers. Many participants in the survey reported having body aches and tight muscles as a result of a migraine. Many reported that their migraine makes it harder to exercise, preventing them from getting to the gym and being a trigger for a migraine attack, resulting in muscle weakness.
- Daily Routine- According to studies, many migraine sufferers altered their daily routine to avoid the suspected cause of a migraine. For some, avoiding triggers means skipping a gym session, or avoiding a glass of wine or skipping a movie night. Sleep problems, certain strong odors, bright lights, weather, and stress are the most commonly reported triggers of a migraine.
- Love Life- According to studies, about 90% of migraine sufferers believed that their migraine hurt their relationship status. Migraine cause a kind of burden on caregivers and migraine sufferers feels terrible about the fact, which causes a migraine patient to withdraw from emotional and physical contact from their loved ones. This condition only worsens the pain. A study found that having sex during a migraine can provide relief from migraine symptoms.
- Social Life- Migraine sufferers must turn down fun plans many times because of their throbbing pain. According to a migraine survey in America, two-thirds of migraine sufferers reported having a migraine that lasted for five days or even more. Such people are more worried about disappointing others because of their debilitating pain. Many were even embarrassed and tried to hide their migraine from their family and friends.
- Hobbies- Most people are excited by a change in the weather, but for migraine sufferers, a slight change in the atmosphere could trigger severe pain.
- Professional Life- because of the chronic pain, a migraine sufferer has to stop working, too leave or reduce their work hours due to the illness which reduces productivity. A migraine is believed to interfere with job training and schooling of a migraine sufferer.
- Finances- Migraine medications are not cheap, expensive medicines for migraine pain are available to manage the symptoms. Try reliablerxpharmacy.com to get the best medicine for a migraine.