Almost everyone knows the effects of smoking, but many people still smoke, why is that so? The answer is an addiction. Once you begin smoking, it is hard to quit this bad habit because the cigarette is made up of tobacco which contains nicotine, a highly addictive agent. The body or mind of a smoker becomes used to nicotine, and he/she needs to have it to feel normal.
Smoking is dangerous to health; it can lead to several health complications, including asthma, heart disease, and lung cancer. There are numerous reasons to quit smoking, doing it will automatically reduce the risk of these health problems. Quitting smoking makes your breath smell better. But despite all the warnings, millions of people continue to smoke because it is hard to break the habit. Quitting can be hard, but not an impossible thing. Once you stop smoking, you will find that your energy levels and breathing have improved. Just a week after quitting, your risk of stroke, heart attack, and care will significantly drop. Furthermore, men will find back the lost erection power. For all smokers, it is the time to quit smoking now. One can increase the chances of success with these following tips:
- Mental preparation is necessary- The first and foremost thing is that you should be mentally prepared; you need to want to quit. Some people make multiple attempts to quit smoking, but they fail because they are not mentally ready to do the job. Think, why you want to quit. Do you want to become a parent? Did you just want to get rid of smoking-related illness? Or just tired of smoking control your life? Identifying the real reason will help you quit and stick to the quitting plan for a long term, ultimately achieving the goal of smoking cessation.
- Set a quit date- Several strategies can help smokers to give up. From selecting a quit date and throwing away all cravings, and replacing them with good habits like playing outdoors, reading, and meditation, etc., there are many ways to stop smoking. Setting a quitting date and putting in writing will help you adhere to the action plan. Set a date that is not too far in the future. This will help you stop smoking.
- Get a friend– like having a partner during your exercise training program increases your likely hood of adhering to your fitness goals, finding someone with similar quitting goals can not only help you to stick to the action plan but also help you quit successfully. Make a partner who wants to quit and support each other in adopting a good habit.
Also Read: Know Which Quit-Smoking Aids Are Right For You
- Learn to reduce stress- Stress is considered as the most common triggers for cigarette cravings. Finding the right method to deal with stress will help you protect against those nicotine pangs. You can start by practicing yoga, meditation, or get counselling to cope up with stress. Whenever you feel stressed, focus on your breathing, practice deep breathing at the very moment. This can help you improve your mood when you are overwhelmed.
- Get counselling- Talk to a health care professional about quitting. Your health care provider will refer you to a certified counselor who can guide you through the process of recognizing the triggers to offering support whenever you needed during the program. Numerous clinical research studies suggest that counselling and follow up treatments improves quit rates.
- Find nicotine replacement therapy- Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) is a proven way to increase the likelihood of success. You can go with nicotine gums, patches, and lozenges to help stop cigarette cravings. Buy quit smoking products to curb your cigarette cravings. NRT offers distractions from the oral fixation that comes with smoking. You can disrupt the oral aspect of your smoking by chewing nicotine gums or by using patches.
Also Read: To Lead a Smoke Free Life- Quit Smoking
Smoking is one of the major cause of death in the US and is a direct cause of cancer, lung, and heart disease. Quitting smoking is tough, what people can do to quit?
Well, everyone knows that smoking is injurious to health and it can take your life also if you don’t control this habit before it gets too late. In general, the smokers attempt some amazing tricks to get rid of this habit but if you are the one who has tried and tested all the tricks and still found yourself unable to quit then go for the medications. Yes, quit smoking products online including Chantix and Champix can help people to quit smoking. Consult your physician today to start this course.
The treatment approach for quitting smoking
If you have decided to part your ways from smoking, you are stepping towards a longer and healthier life span. Behavioral strategies and medication can help you achieve the goals, but what works best is a combination of both. Behavioral strategies including social support, or counseling from a physician. If a smoker has an underlying issue like anxiety, depression, excessive alcohol consumption, or use of illegal drugs, addressing these issues will increase the chances of a patient to successfully quit. Medications that can help to quit include nicotine replacement therapy and oral treatments such as Chantix (varenicline). Each one of is recommended for about twelve weeks.
Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT)
Nicotine replacement therapy includes chewing gums, patches, and lozenges. According to health care experts, it is absolutely safe to use more than one type of NRT at the same time. Experts suggest that a combination of NRT is more effective than a single form of NRT alone. NRT helps smokers to adjust nicotine intake, to avoid withdrawal symptoms and nicotine overdose.
Nicotine patches- those who smoke more than ten cigarettes per day should start with the highest dose patch for at least a period of six weeks. On the other hand, those who smoke less than ten cigarettes per day should start with the medium dose patch for six weeks. The treatment should be followed by 7mg/day for two weeks. It is also important to apply the patch appropriately. To avoid skin irritation, it is necessary to change the patch site regularly. If you experience insomnia and vivid dreams with the patch on, take it immediately and replace it the next morning. If the patch is removed at night, nicotine cravings may occur the next morning. In such case, use lozenges or gum while waiting for the new nicotine patch to exert its effect.
Also Read: Quit Smoking to Reduce Heart Disease Risk to 50%
Nicotine gum and Lozenges- For someone who smokes more than 25 cigarettes daily, 4 mg is the recommended dose. Those who smoke less than this should use 2 mg dose. Whenever you feel the urge to smoke, chew a piece of gum for six weeks. You have to chew the gum until the nicotine taste appears in your mouth. Keep the gum between your teeth and cheeks until the taste goes away. Then chew for few more minutes to get more nicotine. Repeat the process and then throw the gum by the time all the nicotine has been released.
Nicotine lozenge works best for those who have dental issues. Place one lozenge in the mouth for half an hour, let it melt, you should not chew it. Use it one lozenge every one to two hours for six weeks.
Oral treatment that can help you quit
Clinical studies have shown that prescription medications such as Champix and Chantix extremely effective and safe for patients who want to quit smoking. Both Champix and Chantix contains Varenicline as the active ingredient, which is considered as the most effective agent and is absolutely safe even for patients with psychiatric issues.
For successful quitting, take the medication for at least one week before you even try to quit. NRT and varenicline can help you smoke less and improve the chance of quitting. The oral treatment is also effective for those who are not ready to quit. The medications are clinically tested, and customer verified when it is used for smoking cessation. It is a safer idea for the smoker who is unable to attempt or unwilling to quit smoking.
If you are considering the idea of quitting, there are numerous effective and safe quit smoking products online that can be purchased according to your convenience.
Also Read: Simple Step-by-Step Plan to Help You Quit Smoking
Quitting smoking is one the difficult challenge for the people who smoke frequently. But this is the single most important step that you can take to increase the length and quality of life. Right after you smoke the last cigarette, you will notice your body starts to recover. Continue Reading
Smoking is a major risk factor for heart disease. Giving up smoking can significantly lessen the possibility of heart problems to 50% or more, studies suggest. Continue Reading
Tobacco is considered as one of the leading causes of premature death and is associated with 5 million deaths every year all over the world. There are treatments available for tobacco and nicotine addiction that can provide immediate health benefits. Continue Reading
Smoking cessation has major health benefits for people of all ages. It decreases the risk of a wide range of health issues such as heart attack, stroke, chronic lung disease, and other cancers. Continue Reading
Everyone knows the major effects of smoking are lung cancer and heart disease. You also know that it yellows your teeth, wrinkles your skin, stains your fingers and also destroys your sense of smell and taste. Knowing the worst effects you still keeping your smoking on and hanging yourself amongst the preventable death crowd. Now it’s time to quit. There are lots of ways to start on the path to become smoke-free. It’s not an easy way, but with the right guidance and support will make easier to travel on this road every day. Continue Reading
The effects of smoking are harmful. It can damage nearly every organ of the body. Therefore, it is necessary to stop smoking at the right time. Continue Reading
There is no denying that smoking causes health problems such as heart and lung diseases. Your eye health is not untouched by the smoke of cigarettes. The smoking side effects on eye vision are less talked about, but their impact is hard to ignore. Continue Reading
Cigarette smoke comprises over 4000 chemicals and these include elements such as cyanide, lead, and at least 60 cancer-causing compounds. Smoking at the time of pregnancy can cause the toxic substances to enter into the blood stream, which happens to be the only source of nutrients and oxygen for your baby.