Alzheimer’s disease is one of the common diseases found in people today. Often the normal forgetfulness and memory issues are considered as a part of our normal aging process. But if this normal forgetfulness is hindering your normal daily routine then you may see it as an early sign of Alzheimer’s disease. It is very necessary to identify the early signs of Alzheimer’s disease so that you can deal with the issue much more promptly.
Here are the following early signs that may suggest the presence of Alzheimer’s disease:
- Loss of memory: it is the most common symptom associated with Alzheimer’s disease (AD). If you are suffering from the problems like missing of dates, events, and names of a common thing and people then you must not ignore such symptoms as they could be due to Ad. The Ad is heavily dependent on many of the memory aids when you suffering from AD.
- Loss problem-solving abilities: for some people making plans and taking decisions over some issues can cause several problems. These people may find difficulty in solving the problems especially related to numbers and are not able to track of the bills and balance the checkbook.
- Confusions: Confusion about the place as well as time: the person suffering from the ad is not able to identify the place of the presence or is not able to identify the location he/she has just reached. This problem is faced more than once and is a common occurrence. Such people are feared to get lost very easily and are not even able to identify the way how the person has reached there.
- Difficulty in completing daily tasks: For the people having AD, another symptom is the inability to complete even the smallest and the easiest daily tasks such as driving and completing an easy office task. They are not even able to know the rules of the most favorite
- Vision difficulties: Sometimes people with AD are also vulnerable to vision problems and they face the trouble of reading books and watching TV. It is a common Alzheimer’s disease symptom and is commonly found in them. Such people are not even able to identify the difference between different colors.
Alzheimer’s disease treatment:
The AD is one such problem related with the brain functioning having no cure. The disease is related to the problems with thinking and behavior. The person suffering from AD can only be controlled with the help of few medicines recommended by the doctor, known to control the symptoms only. These side effects are controlled with the use of these medicines:
- The drug for moods and depression like citalopram, fluoxetine, paroxetine, and sertraline, etc.
- The medicine for anxiety and confusion such as, include Aripiprazole, haloperidol, olanzapine, etc. These medicines are associated with psychosis, etc.
- Doctors may also suggest a few other medicines that are required for the control over aggression, agitation, and hallucination. These all medicines are necessary to manage the condition of dementia. The symptoms of AD should be controlled with the proper Alzheimer’s disease medication
Alzheimer’s disease care:
It is very important to take care of the patient suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. There is no cure for this disease, but proper care can help to manage the condition better. While the issue is a very overwhelming for the person giving care to the Alzheimer’s patient, yet it is necessary too. So, you need to make a proper plan to take care of the patient. The most necessary thing is to make the house and surrounding safer for the person with AD.