Causes of Alzheimer’s disease:
Lthough various reports suggests that there are no precise reasons for Alzheimer’s disease. But, certain reports have suggested that Alzheimer's disease occurs as a result of combination of hereditary, everyday life and environmental factors, that affect the brain. The associated risk factors are as follows:
• Aged persons are more susceptible to this condition
• Genetic history of an individual
• Lifestyle and environmental factors such as heart disorders, stroke, diabetes and obesity
• Severe head trauma or shock
• females suffer from the condition of AD more than males
Signs and symptoms:
Following are the signs and symptoms of AD:
• Memory loss is the first sign of disease condition
• Problems in planning and performing simple tasks
• People with Alzheimer’s also face challenges in their personality and behaviour
• People may find difficulty in communication
Adverse effects of the problem:
Alzheimer's disease damages and kills the brain cells, which leads to brain shrinkage. there are two things taht play a very impotant role in AD:
Plaques- Plaques are clumps of the protein called beta-amyloidal, which damage and destroy the brain cells in several ways that includes a cell to cell communication.
Tangles- inside the brain, cells depends on the internal channel of transport for the transfer of nutrients from one place to another. For this, there is a requirement for normal structure and functioning of a protein called ‘tau’. Alzheimer's disease happens when the threads of ‘tau’ protein twist abnormally thta transport system is failed and brain cell death occurs.
It is very difficult to prevent the disease, various lifestyle and dietary changes can help. High intake of supplements mentioned below pep up the brain cells and its activity:
• Consume omega -3 fatty acids found in fishes like tuna, mackerel and salmon
• Increase the intake of fruits like berries like strawberry, raspberry and blueberry
• Folic acid is necessary for the improvement in learning and thinking ability of the brain
• Purple grapes protects the brain
• Walnuts, hazelnuts and pecans helps in shield the brain cells
• Plaque in the brain causing an alzheimer’s disease can be prevented by using turmeric, a healthy spice
Commonly used medicines are:
the common drugs for the treatment fo AD are:
• Galamer etc.
These medicines are available online also, so you can buy Alzheimer's products Online from various reliable sites.
Myths and facts:
Myth: Alzheimer's disease is not preventable
Fact: no, but the exact cause of AD is still unknown it could be due to heredity or High BP. There are certain ways we can improve the brain function and prevent the downfall, such as lifestyle changes, diet improvement, mental and physical exercise, optimistic attitude, and peaceful life.
Myth: Alzheimer's disease can be diagnosed using an x-ray of the brain
Fact: No, it is not possible to diagnose the brain changes using an X-ray of brain. various medical tests like mental tests, physical examination, MRI scans and CT Scans are required to be done to identify the AD.
Diagnosis of Alzheimer’s disease:
To treat the disease, there is a need to diagnose the condition properly with the help of a doctor or specialist. In general, there is no precise test to confirm Alzheimer's disease. But, your doctor will make the judgment based on the information provided by the patient. Below are certain tests and exams that may confirm the diagnosis:
• Physical and neurological exam- Your doctor will check your overall neurological health by testing your balance, reflexes, coordination, and a sense of sight and hearing.
• Lab tests to check memory
• Brain imaging- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and Computerized tomography (CT) scan is done for detailed testing
Treatment for Alzheimer’s disease:
There is no cure for Alzheimer’s disease, but the condition can be improved or handled by certain medicines and proper care. These are described below:
Alzheimer's medicines are advised to the patients to treat their memory symptoms and other cognitive changes. They recommend two types of Alzheimer’s drugs:
• Cholinesterase inhibitors- it workx by elevating the cellular communication in the brain. these inhibitors facilitate people in keeping their symptoms at bay for a time. Various cholinesterase inhibitors that are prescribed by the doctors, include:
• Memantine- Alzheimer’s medicines also include Memantine. It works by slowing the progression of symptoms with moderate to severe Alzheimer's disease and helping the cell to cell communication in brain. In some cases, Memantine is used in combination with a cholinesterase inhibitor for more effectiveness.
Apart from the above-mentioned medicines, doctors may also prescribe Alzheimer’s drugs including Rivastigmine and Galantamine. These help the Alzheimer patients in lowering their symptoms to get worse. The various Alzheimer’s products are available online so you can buy Alzheimer’s products online also.
• Exercise: it is very necessary for the treatment, and is recommended by the doctors for patients with Alzheimer’s. they suggest to perform a daily half an hour walk, as it is goo d for the health of joints, muscles and heart. Moreover, always make sure that the patient carries his/her identification if he/she walks unaccompanied.
Steps to improve the health:
• Keep the atmosphere around the patient cheerful
• Remain vigilant about the health symptoms and quick remedies to cope difficult conditions
• Ask help from other members of family for help
• Talk with the doctor for the safety measures to be taken
• The caregiver should aim to remain calm as it is a very stressfull condition
• Make the patients more comfortable surrounding
Role of a caregiver:
Caregivers play a vital role in the healing process of Alzheimer’s patient, as caregiver needs to be strong and prepared for the pros and cons. The caregiver need to be strong headed aas soemtimews the reaction of the patient may be so abrupt that it might be difficult to handle the patient. So, it’s his/her human duty to not get aggravated by the conduct of an Alzheimer’s patient.