|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 1.13||US$ 34.29||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 1.13||US$ 68.57||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 1.13||US$ 102.87||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Razadyne|
Galantamine Hydrobromide is an oral drug given in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Galantamine Hydrobromide is an alkaloid that is synthesized from the bulbs of Galanthus caucasicus. It increases the amount of acetylcholine in the brain, which helps in improving the thinking and other cognitive functions. It belongs to the category of cholinesterase inhibitors. Cholinesterase inhibitor stops the destruction of acetylcholine by blocking the activity of the enzyme cholinesterase.
The ailments,it is used for:
Galantamine Hydrobromide is indicated in the below listed conditions like:
- Mild to moderate Alzheimer’s disease
- Mild to moderate vascular dementia
How it works?
It contains Galantamine Hydrobromide as an active ingredient in it. It blocks the enzyme acetylcholinesterase that is responsible for the destruction of Acetylcholine. This way, the amount of acetylcholine concentration gets increased which improves cognitive and learning process.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Galantamine Hydrobromide if you:
- Are allergic to Galantamine Hydrobromide
- Have liver problems
- Have kidney problems
- Have heart related problems
- Have stomach ulcers
- Have asthma
- Have abdominal problems or constipation
- Are pregnant or planning to become a pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
How much to take?
The dosage is solely decided by the Doctor after assessing your condition and various factors such as age, gender and body weight. One can’t fix the dose as it varies from patient to patient. The dose intake is decided by the doctor. He will recommend the best suitable drug. The initial recommended dosage starts from 16 to 32 mg per day. Always take the dose prescribed by the Doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Galantamine Hydrobromide is available in following strength preparations on our website:
- Galamer 4 mg
- Galamer 8 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Galamer is manufactured by Sun Pharmaceuticals, a pharmaceutical giant and is available on our website in the pack of 30, 60 and 90 tablets.
How to take?
Galantamine Hydrobromide is taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet with a full glass of water. Don’t crush or chew the tablet. Always follow the prescription.
When to take?
Galantamine Hydrobromide can be taken with or without food once in a day. The intake of dosage depends upon your condition. Generally, it is taken twice a day. Always take the medicine as per the prescription.
For how long should it be taken?
Take the medicine as long as recommended by the Doctor. Always ask the doctor before stopping the intake of the drug.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter any unusual symptoms like:
- Abdominal pain and cramps
- Watery eyes
- Light headedness
- Muscular weakness or spasm
- Increased urination or bowel movements
What if you miss the dose?
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing a dose. Talk to your Doctor if you miss the dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to compensate with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine shows some side effects, same way this drug also have some undesired effects with it. Galantamine Hydrobromide shows common side effects such as:
- Confusion unexplained tiredness
- Severe drowsiness
- Decreased sweating
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, the doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Galantamine Hydrobromide. The following are the drugs that may interact with Galantamine Hydrobromide:
- Ibuprofen, celecoxib and other NSAIDs
- Ipratropium bromide
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per the prescription
- Don’t use the expired drugs
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- It is important to monitor liver function so one should go for liver test function
- This drug causes dizziness so avoid driving and machinery after consuming it
- Avoid the intake of alcohol beverages while using Galantamine Hydrobromide as it can enhance the effect of drowsiness
- It may impair your thinking or reactions. Be careful if you drive or do any other activity like swimming that requires alertness
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- Consult with your pharmacist about the proper disposal of the drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine