Description of the drug
Bimatoprost is the main active ingredient present in Careprost (With Brush) opthalmic solution. This drug is quite similar to a natural chemical in the body called prostaglands, used to increase the density, thickness and darken the color of the eyelashes. it is widely used because this drug shows minimal side-effect and very effective.
Indications and Usage
Bimatoprost is a sterile Opthalmic eye drop is used to treat eyelash hypotrichosis, this an eyelash problem when there is not enough eyelashes, this drug is a prostaglandin analogs and thus increases the growth of eyelashes also it make eyelashes thicker and stronger, Bimatoprost also used to treat ocular hypertension and open-angle glaucoma, both eye conditions cause high pressure within the eye known as intraocular pressure that may lead to an eye pain and harm your vision, this drug is indicated for the reduction of increased pressure within the eye.
Dosage and Administration
1. Recommended dose:
The dose may vary according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
2. Method of Administration:
Careprost should be taken through an ocular route that is through the eye. Wash your hand before taking this drug, using a single drop of the solution once a day with the applicator brush is recommended. The application must be made on the eyelash margin of each eye, starting at the base of the eyelash. Do not allow the dropper tip of the bottle to touch the eye.
3. Missed dose
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time. Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose may cause some allergic symptoms. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Bimatoprostopthalmic solutionis available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Careprost- 3ml of 0.03%
- Careprost (With Brush) 3 ml (0.03%)
Bimatoprost should not be used in patients who have shown hypersensitivity to any of the components present in the formulation.
- Do not use this suspension if the bottle is cracked or damaged in any way
- Do not use sulfa drugs while using this medicine
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Bimatoprostcannot be used by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Careprost (With Brush) 3ml (0.03%) it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- This drug is not suitable for those who are pregnant, thinking of becoming pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- If a patient is suffering from any kind of liver and kidney problem, this drug should be used with caution in these conditions.
- Do not allow the tip of the dropper to be touched by eyes or hand, this may lead to the contamination of the drug
- Wash your hand with soap and water before administration of this drug
- Shake well before use
- Put the cap on the bottle right away after the use
- Avoid touching the tip of the bottle
This drug may show increased pigmentation of the iris that may lead to iris color change, the brown pigmentation around the pupil may spread, these are some conditions that may occur so use this drug with caution and only under the guidance of your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- May cause blurred vision for some time
- May experience the bitter, sour or unusual taste
- Dry eye may occur in some cases
- Foreign body sensation may occur
- Headache is one of the common side effect that may occur
- Ocular discharge
- Ocular pain
Some rare side effect can occur which will be serious :-
- Dry mouth
- Eye fatigue
- Lid margin crusting, or sticky sensation
- Eyelid skin darkening
- Iris color change
- Sensitivity to light
- Pink eye
- Eye tearing
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect Bimatoprost:
Using other drug with this medicament may show some interaction, so avoid Co-administration of drugs while using Bimatoprost, without contacting your doctor. It is advised to let your doctor know about all your prescription and non-prescription drug.
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Bimatoprost.
Careprost (With Brush) 3ml (0.03%) that comes with an applicator brush, comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Bimatoprost, which is quite similar to prostaglandin and helpful in increasing the eyelashes and make them stronger, darker and thicker. The applicator brush with the CareprostBimatoprostOpthalmic solution can be used by drawing a straight line along the upper eyelid.
Careprost 3ml (0.03%) opthalmic solution should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep this drug out in open. After the application the brush must be washed and placed in the dirt free container.
Careprost (With Brush) 3ml (0.03%) opthalmic solution is manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Private Limited, Sun Pharma is an Indian multinational company located in Mumbai, India. You can easily buy Careprost (with brush) 3 ml (0.03%) from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.