Pain is a sensation of hurt. The sensation of pain arises in the nervous system and has numerous causes. It is a protective response of body that indicates the presence of inflammation. It can be acute or chronic. In acute pain, there is sudden onset of pain and gives the signal of disease such as surgery, broken bones, burns & cuts. It goes away when the underlying cause is treated.
Chronic pain is a condition in which a person feels constant pain for weeks, months or years. Various factors such as depression, anger, anxiety and lack of energy lead to chronic pain. Cancer, arthritis, Neurogenic and psychogenic pain are the common chronic pain. Painkillers or analgesics are administered to get rid of it.
While there is no particular reason for the occurrence of pain, it can occur due to various reasons like physical injury, disease or discomfort and due to psychological stress or problems also. Whenever there is a discomfort, our mind starts sending pain signals to the brain.
Pain types and their symptoms:
Pain can be divided into main two categories one is Nociceptive &Non-Nociceptive.
Nociceptive Pain occurs when there is stimulation of specific pain receptors. These receptors sense temperature, vibration, stretch, and chemicals released from damaged cells. It can be further sub-classified as Somatic & Visceral pain.
• Somatic pain felt in skin, joints, bones & ligaments. It is mostly sharp and localized, and pain will increase if you touch or move the affected area.
• Visceral Pain arises from internal organ and body cavities such as the heart, lungs, bowel and spleen.
Non Nociceptive pain comprises of neuropathic and sympathetic pain and is more complex than Nociceptive pain.
• Neuropathic pain results from within the nervous system caused by nerve degeneration due to stroke, multiple sclerosis & oxygen starvation. It produces a variety of unusual pain sensations such as burning, tingling, crushing and "pins & needles."
• Sympathetic pain occurs after a fracture or a soft tissue injury of the limbs. In this kind of pain, the skin and the injured area becomes extremely sensitive. Uncontrolled pain often leads to stiffness and osteoporosis as a person is not able to use the affected limb.
An untreated pain can induce various problems in the body of the patient, and he/she may start feeling various kinds of irritations and anxiety due to restless pain. Different systems of our body will also be affected due to disturbed cardiovascular, neurological and musculoskeletal problems.
The fact that all pains cannot be prevented is an eternal truth as pain is often a symptom of an underlying problem. However, we can prevent different common pain from occurring or can at least reduce the intensity of those pains if we remain vigilant about our body and mind. Here are few things that you can do to prevent pain:
1. Get your illness treated as soon as possible 2. Stretch your body muscles and do some physical exercise daily 3. Reduce the stress and avoid the things that bring stress 4. Get enough sleep 5. Have a balanced diet rich in nutrients and minerals
Myths and facts:
Every myth must be busted to bring out the truth to avoid any further misconceptions.here are a few misconceptions associated with pain, and we have provided the facts also.
Myth: if you exercise while in pain, you can injure yourself
Fact: exercise can be key to successful rehabilitation so keep moving and doing light physical exercises.
Myth: Pain is natural to happen due to ageing
Fact: chronic pain is different from the simple wear and tear kind of pain that occur due to ageing.
There are some medicines that are good pain relief drugs. Here is a list of the drugs available on our site reliablerxpharmacy.com:
• Suminat 25 • Ibugesic • Volini gel • Richie K • Voveran gel • Drotin • Megabrom etc.
On reliablerxpharmacy.com you can buy various pain relief products online and reward yourself with reliable drugs and offers.
The feeling of pain is subjective, and it can be fully expressed by the sufferer only. It’s practically impossible to measure the person’s pain objectively. A subjective pain report is maintained by a physician that includes the following parameters:
• Site, quality and radiation of pain • Factors contributing and relieving the pain • Onset time and overall duration of pain • Overall impact on the body functions • Any associated mood or behavioural changes
By using Numerical Rating Scale, Verbal Descriptor Scale and Mcgill Plain Index scale one can also evaluate the intensity of pain.
The medical practitioner can even conduct a few tests such as:
• CT scan • MRI scan • Blood tests • EMG • Bone scans • Ultrasound imaging etc.
Treatment: Pain relief drugs
There are those drugs that relieve pain and achieve analgesia- a state without pain. They act in various manners on the peripheral and central nervous system and produce analgesia effects. They include Paracetamol (acetaminophen), the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as the Salicylates, narcotic drugs such as morphine, synthetic drugs with Narcotic properties such as Tramadol, and various others. The choice of analgesics depends upon the type of pain. There are various types of painkillers are available in the market such as:
• Paracetamol and NSAIDS • COX 2 Inhibitors • Opiates and morphing mimetics • Specific agents • Topical or systemic • Adjuvant analgesics
These drugs are available on our website reliablerxdrugs.com, from where you can buy pain relief medicines online to avail best offers and get trustworthy genuine products.
You can also try various other options to relieve the pain like massage, acupuncture, Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS), Bioelectric therapy, Physical therapy and Trigger point injections, etc.
Steps to improve life:
Intake of the certain type of diet has the significant effect on suppressing pain especially chronic pain. Consumption of antioxidant-rich diet helps in neutralizing free radicals and oxidative stress and relieves from persistent pain.
• Diet containing the high amount of Omega 3and 6 fatty acids relieves neuropathy, breast pain and rheumatoid arthritis. • Vitamin B6, B12 & B1 reduces neuropathic pain • Vitamin C scavenges free radical formation that plays a vital role in increasing pain sensations. • Ginger, curcumin, berries and grape seed comprises of antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties help a lot in getting rid of the pain in various diseases such as diabetic neuropathy and chronic pancreatitis.
Important things to know:
If you are suffering from chronic pain condition, then you can also take the help of following tips:
• Have proper sleep daily • Do slight physical exercise daily • Eat healthy • Attempt self-massage etc.