A number of factors contribute to Osteoporosis like:
• Decrease in estrogen levels during menopause in women
• Genes play a crucial role. If your mother or grandmother had the condition, the chances are higher for you to have it too.
• Decrease in testosterone levels in men
• Diet, low in calcium
• Consumption of too much alcohol
• Low body weight
• Less exercise
• Smoking cigarettes
Apart from the above-mentioned factors, the cases where the risks for developing osteoporosis increases are:
• People suffering from inflammatory conditions, like Crohn's disease, rheumatoid arthritis, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder (COPD) are at higher risk of getting osteoporosis.
• If you have problems like overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism) or an overactive parathyroid gland (hyperparathyroidism), then you are at risk of developing the disease.
• Using certain medications that affect the bone strength or hormone levels, such as oral Prednisolone.
• Problems related to malabsorption
Typically, Osteoporosis has no symptoms, but its main effect is the increased risk of bone fractures. If bones start weakening due to the same condition, you may experience signs and symptoms like:
• Back pain, caused by a fractured
• A stooped posture
• loss of height
• very quick bone fractures
Adverse effects of osteoporosis:
Osteoporosis is a very common problem is ageing people now a days. A lot of females above 45 years of age are facing this problem. The common complications of osteoporosis are fractures and loss of height. The fractures are very painful and can even lead to death if the patient is not cared properly. The hip fractures are severely dangerous and can make the patient bed ridden in many cases. The spinal bone fracture can be both painful and painless, but the height is severly decreased when the fractures occur.
Opting the following necessary steps can help you prevent Osteoporosis:
• Perform regular exercise
• Eat anutritious diet rich in calcium and vitamin D
• Make relevant lifestyle changes, like giving up smoking and reducing the alcohol consumption
The osteoporosis medicines work by enhancing the bone density of the body. The increament of bone density decrease the chances of fractures. A few common osteoporosis medicines are available on our website reliablerxpharmacy.com:
Buy these osteoporosis products online from reliablerxpharmacy.com to get authentic and reasonably priced medicines.
Myths and facts:
Myth: osteoporosis only happens in Caucasian women so other races should not worry too much about the problem
Fact: no, although this problem is common in white women, but all men and women of all races can have this disease.
Myth: you do not need to worry about this problem of osteoporosis
Fact: osteoporosis is a widespread dilemma, it occurs in one in two women and upto one in four men, above the age of 50 years. Every year lot of people break their bones due to osteoporosis only.
Osteoporosis is often diagnosed by your GP after your weakened bones lead to a fracture. If your GP finds you at increased risk of developing the same condition. He/she may refer you for a bone mineral density scan, also known as a dual energy X-ray absorptiometry (DEXA, or DXA) scan.
Treatment depends on the estimation of your risk of breaking a bone in the next ten years by going through the bone density test. In case the outcome of the bone density test is positive, then treatment might not include medication. Instead, your GP may ask you to focus on lifestyle, safety and modifying risk factors for bone loss.
You may be advised to take medications to treat Osteoporosis conditions, including:
• Bisphosphonate- widely prescribed to prevent and treat osteoporosis in postmenopausal women
• Raloxifene- available in 60mg formation
• Tacrolimus- available in 35mg and 70mg formations
Treatment options also include exercising, as it plays a crucial role in preserving bone density in older adults. Following is the list of some exercises that might be recommended to you in order to reduce the chance of a fracture:
• Free weights, weight machines, stretch bands
• Walking, jogging, playing tennis, and dancing
• Rowing machines
• Balance exercises such as tai chi and yoga
Moreover, it is advisable to avoid exercises that present a risk of falling.
Steps to improve health:
Getting diagnosed with the condition makes you alert about what steps you can take to reduce the chances of an accident. In case you get a fracture from a fall or any other condition, you can try the below-mentioned steps:
• Hot and cold treatments including warm baths and cold packs can help to ease the pain caused by fractures
• Relaxation techniques
• Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) is a technique in which a small battery-operated device is used to stimulate the nerves and reduce pain
Important things to know
The meaning of Osteoporosis is "porous bones", from Greek word ‘ostoun’ meaning "bone" and ‘poros’ meaning "pore". Osteoporosis is a very typical problem that can be prevented by bringing some daily life changes and taking proper medicines. To buy osteoporosis products online you can choose reliablerxpharmacy.com, a very reliable place to buy genuine drugs. You can lie your faith in the tremendous services and offers provided by this site