|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|28 Tablet/s||US$ 1.55||US$ 43.38||
|56 Tablet/s||US$ 1.55||US$ 86.74||
|84 Tablet/s||US$ 1.55||US$ 130.12||
|US Brand Name||Fosamax|
|Generic Name||Alendronate sodium|
Oteofos 70 mg is prescribed to prevent and treat osteoporosis, the brittle bone disease, in postmenopausal women. The active ingredient of the medicine is Sodium Alendronate. It is also used to increase bone mass in men with osteoporosis. It is prescribed for both men and women who have developed a form of osteoporosis, sometimes caused by steroid medications such as prednisone. This drug can also be used to relieve Paget's disease of bone, a painful condition that weakens and deforms the bones. For Osteofos to be effective, you must take the tablets without food or other medications, exactly as directed.
Osteofos 70 mg is effective only when each tablet is taken with a full glass of plain water first thing in the morning, at least 30 minutes before the first food, beverage, or other medication. If you can wait longer before eating or drinking, the medication will be absorbed better. Do not lie down for at least 30 minutes after taking Fosamax, and avoid chewing or sucking on the tablet; it can cause mouth sores. You should take calcium and vitamin D supplements if you don't get enough in your diet. Avoid smoking and alcohol. Weight-bearing exercise can also strengthen bones.
If you are taking Fosamax daily, do not take a missed dose later in the day; instead, skip it and go back to your regular schedule the next morning.
If you take Osteofos once a week, take one tablet the morning after you remember, and then return to your original once-weekly schedule on the chosen day. Do not take two tablets on the same day.
Do not take Osteofos 70 mg in the following conditions if :
- You are allergic to Alendronate sodium or any of the other ingredients of the medicine
- You can't stand or sit upright for at least thirty minutes
- You have certain problems with your gullet, such as narrowing or difficulty swallowing
- Your doctor has told you to have low blood calcium
Talk to your doctor before taking Alendronate sodium if any of the following apply to you:
- recently had any swallowing or digestive problems
- suffer from kidney problems
- low blood calcium
- have cancer
- have been told that you have trouble absorbing minerals in your stomach and intestines
- undergoing chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- taking corticosteroids, which are used in the treatment of such conditions as severe allergies, rheumatoid arthritis and asthma.
Your doctor may advise you to undergo a dental check-up before initiating treatment with Osteofos 70 mg. Maintaining good oral hygiene during the treatment with Alendronate sodium tablets is important.
The most common side effects of Osteofos 70 mg are heartburn, constipation, diarrhoea, pain in your bones/joints/muscles, nausea, upset stomach, and abdominal pain. You may get an allergic reaction such as hives or swelling of your face, tongue, or throat.