|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|1 Tube/s||US$ 5.00||US$ 5.84||
|3 Tube/s||US$ 5.67||US$ 17.56||
|6 Tube/s||US$ 5.83||US$ 35.08||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Retin A|
|Strength||0.05% (20 gm)|
|Generic Name||Tretinoin Gel USP|
|Manufacturer||AKUMS DRUGS & PHARMACEUTICALS LTD|
A Ret Gel
Tretinoin is a vitamin A derivative and is one of the most preferred topical drugs in the treatment of mild to moderate acne. It belongs to the class of Retinoids. This drug increases the turnover rate of cells that helps in preventing new pimples. Tretinoin got FDA approval in 1971. This drug minimizes the signs and severity of the disease, Acne.
The ailment it is used for:
Tretinoin is used in the below listed conditions:
- Mild to moderate acne
- On damaged skin due to excessive exposure to sun
Understanding the drug Tretinoin:
How it works?
Tretinoin is a very active exfoliator that accelerates the skin cycle. Tretinoin acid improves the pigmentation by speeding up the elimination of melanin in the dermis. It also increase collagen levels in the skin cells and improve fine wrinkles. It does not, however, have an effect on deep converges formed on the skin and ice pick scars. This medicine all improves the overall quality of skin.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Tretinoin if you:
- You have allergic to Tretinoin
- Have kidney problems
- Have urinary problems
- Have stomach related problems
- You have an abnormally high white blood cell (wbc) count
- You are pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Are breast-feeding mother
How much to apply?
Always take the medicine as per prescription. Apply the medicine in an apt amount as excess application can increase the side effects. Always use the medicine for the prescribed amount of time only.
What are the strengths available?
Tretinoin is available in below mentioned preparations in gel microsphere dosage forms on our website:
- A Ret Gel (0.05%) 20 gm
- A Ret Gel (0.025%) 20 gm
- A Ret Gel (0.1%) 20 gm
- Supatret gel (0.04%)15 gm
- Supatret gel (0.1%)15 gm
Who is the manufacturer?
A Ret Gel is manufactured by Shalaks Pharmaceuticals Pvt. Ltd, a known pharmaceutical company. It is available on our website in the multiple packs.
Supatret gel is manufactured by a well known pharmaceutical company, Sun Pharmaceuticals private limited. It is available on our websites in the multiple packs.
How to apply?
Always use the medicine as prescribed by the doctor.
- Wash your hands and face before applying the gel so as to make them clean and hygienic
- Dry the skin using a soft towel and apply a thin film over the affected area
- Gently rub it into the skin well
- Avoid applying it to the normal skin
- Wash your hands once you finish handling the medication
- Do not apply near the eyes, mouth, and other mucous membranes
- Do not use large amounts of this medication or apply it more often than directed
When to apply?
Apply Tretinoin gel at the same time every day as this will become a habit and will be less forgotten by the patient. Take your doctor’s advice about the time of application if there is any confusion about the dosage time.
For how long it should be used?
It is advised to use the drug as long as recommended by the doctor even in the case you find yourself well. Do not stop the drug without consulting a doctor.
What if you use too much (overdose)?
In case of overdose, talk to your doctor immediately. The commonly observed symptoms are listed below:
- Redness and peeling of skin
- Stomach pain
What if you miss the dose?
In case you forget to use the medication, use it as soon as you remember, as long as it is at least 12 hours before your next dose. Do not double up the dose to catch up the missed dose.
What are the side effects?
Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you notice any unusual effects. One may or may not experience them. Following are the listed side effects:
- Increased sensitivity of skin
- Irritation and stinging at the site of application
- Warmth sensation
- Severe allergic reaction like rashes, hives, breathing difficulties and dizziness
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Some drugs affect the working of other drugs and thus reduce the efficacy. Your Doctor will ask for complete health status and medicines you are taking prescription or non prescription drugs. He will give you a complete list of the drugs that may interfere in the working of the Tretinoin. Below are the listed drugs that may interact with Tretinoin and can affect its tolerability and potency of the drug:
- Resorcinol, salicylic acid and hydroxyl acid containing products like creams, soaps and shaving creams
- Ciprofloxacin, tetracycline and chlorpromazine
- Benzoyl peroxide containing products
- Aminocaproic acid
- Antifibrinolytic drugs
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Take the drug at the regular time intervals
- Tretinoin is not recommended in children younger than1 years of age
- Do not share your medicine with any other person even if you feel that the symptoms are same
- Keep on taking the drug even if you feel well, stop after doctor’s recommendations only
- Don’t apply gel to skin that is sunburned.