Acid reducers like Ranitidine and Famotidine are histamine-2 blockers that work by decreasing the acid produced in the stomach. These are widely prescribed by doctors to treat and prevent stomach and intestinal ulcers. Acid reducers are also used to treat conditions like Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, Gastro-esophageal reflux disease or GERD, and other conditions in which stomach acid flows into the esophagus and causes heartburn.
Ailments, acid reducers are used for:
Acid reducers are especially given in the following conditions such as
• Zollinger Ellison syndrome
• Prophylaxis of stress ulcers
• Gastroesophageal reflux disorder
• Peptic ulcer
Acid reducers target the histamine receptors present in the stomach. These work by suppressing the gastric acid production and volume, and hydrogen ion concentration. This way, acid reducers decrease the acidic levels in the stomach and keep the person away from heartburn.
Causes of stomach problems:
Acidity is a common but infrequent problem in many people. Several health problems and lifestyle habits can invite acidity. Pregnancy sometimes can cause acidity problems due to the extra pressure laid by the foetus on the internal organs like the stomach.
Many other causes of acid reflux problems are avoidable these are as follows:
2. Habit of having too much spicy food
3. Smoking habit
4. Asthma medications
5. High salt intake
6. Too much use of medicinal pills like sedatives and painkillers
7. Low dietary fibre intake
8. Low amount of physical activity
Signs of stomach acidity and gaseous troubles of stomach:
Acidity can be easily identified if you feel symptoms like heartburn or nausea. Although acid reflux is a harmless condition, still some of the persistent problems of acid reflux can produce the following symptoms:
• Weight loss
• Dry persistent cough
• Hoarseness or sore throat
• Chest or abdominal problem
• asthma or recurrent pneumonia
• Throat problem or laryngitis
• Dental erosion
• Bad breath
• Wheezing etc.
All people might not feel the same symptoms of acidity but the above-mentioned problems are common that you face as signs of acid reflux or acidity.
Adverse effects of the problem:
There are certain complications that may arise if you don’t get over the acidity problems despite changes in lifestyle and dietary patterns. An uncontrolled acid reflux can create certain complications like
• Esophageal bleeding
• Ulcers and barrets oesophagus
• Oesophageal cancer risk is increased
It is very necessary to treat and recover from GERD or Acid reflux problems to avoid any serious complications.
Acid reflux is a preventable condition, for which the healthy tips are:
• Do not consume spicy food
• Consume more fruits and vegetables
• Have smaller fraction of food items
• Avoid smoking
• Stay away from stress and tension
• Consume more fruits and vegetables etc.
• Avoid nsaids and steroids
• Do not eat anything for the time period near to sleep(2 hour gap should be maintatined between last meal and bedtime)
Common Acid reducer medicines:
A few acid reducer medicines are as follows:
Buy these acid reducer products online from reputed pharmacies. Our website launches various offers at regular intervals, so make use of the discounts and buy your drugs at affordable prices .
Myths and facts:
Myth: Do not consume proteins
Fact: You need not avoid protein, just say no to animal protein. you can always include tofu, soy proteins, and foods like hummus in your diet.
Myth: Avoid taking caffeine in the form of tea and coffee
Fact: There is no need to crave your cup of tea as you opt for green tea or herbal tea instead of milk tea and coffee.
Diagnosis of acid reflux problem or GERD:
Diagnosis of acidity is very easily done by the doctor after examining your symptoms. If in spite of your numerous attempts to change your diet and lifestyle is not helping you at all then you must be having GERD. A specialist in stomach problems or gastroenterologist can suggest various tests to clarify the problem, including
• Oesophageal manometry
• pH monitoring
• Barium swallow (oesophagram): to check the narrow oesophagus for any kind of ulcers or problems
• Biopsy (taking a small tissue sample for laboratory analysis) can also be done during endoscopy to check the samples of tissues under a microscope
Treatment of acid reflux problem:
The treatment option is considered for people who have repeated experience with acid reflux disease. The main treatment is with the help of proton pump inhibitors. The acid reflux can be treated by using the acid reducer drugs. The drug works by reducing the production of acid in the stomach by targeting the histamine receptors in the stomach. There are various antacids and other OTC drugs designed for those people who experience infrequent acidity problems.
In some rare and extreme cases, GERD disease can cause severe health problems and can be unresponsive to the treatments taken for the problem in the form of fundoplication. There are many acid-reducer drugs and you can buy these from various online sites. Buy reliable acid reducer medicines online from reliablerxpharmacy.com.
Steps to improve the health:
Some food items can help to improve the condition like:
• Chicken and turkey
• Rice and causcous etc.
To improve the condition of stomach health you can also rely on the following tips:
• Avoid eating acidity-causing food items such as sodas, chocolates, caffeine and onions etc.
• Finish your dinner at least two hour prior you hit the bed
• Eat in smaller proportions slowly
• Keep a check on those food items that can cause acidity and stop including them in your diet.
• Do not smoke as it is known to trigger stomach problems
• Wear clothes that do not put pressure on your stomach, so keep aside all those tight fit jeans and dresses
Important thing to know:
• Always take the medicines as prescribed or directed
• Don’t ever use the expired drugs
• Avoid consumption of alcohol while you are on acid reducers
• Store medicine at the room temperature
• Keep the drugs away from extreme temperatures.
• Always consult your pharmacist about the proper disposal of the drug
• Make sure to keep a complete record of all the dosages you have taken and medicines taking along with this drug
What is the best medicine for acid reflux disease?
Antacids are the oldest and most well-known medicines for treating heartburn caused by acid reflux. These have remained popular because they act rapidly, are inexpensive, available over the counter, and are safe for most people when taken as directed.
What kind of acid reducers are used?
– Antacids: They relieve indigestion and heartburn.
– Histamine -2 (H2) blockers: Provide relief from heartburn and reduce stomach acid.
– Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs): Treat frequent heartburn and are not meant for immediate relief of heartburn.
Can an acid reflux drug cause anxiety?
People taking proton pump inhibitors (PPI) were about two times as likely as others to report anxiety and depression. Research says it is a frequent cause of depression in older people; therefore, it is important to assess the mood of elderly patients on PPIs routinely.
How long does medicine for acid reflux disease take to work?
Acid reflux medicine begins to work within one to three hours and provides acid suppression for several hours. Time varies depending on the type of acid reflux medication. For example:
Antacids: These begin to work in seconds
Histamine -2 (H2) blockers: They begin to work within an hour to three
Proton pump inhibitors: These are only meant for a two-week course of treatment and can be used up to three times a year.
Ways to reduce acidity in the body fast?
One can typically manage indigestion with home remedies, including ginger and peppermint. But acidity that occurs often or with other symptoms may require medical help.
Do acid reducers cause constipation?
Certain antacids like calcium can cause diarrhea and constipation. Taking too much of this medicine can cause a high blood calcium level. Also, due to the excessive use of this heartburn medicine, your body may not get enough minerals from your foods.
How to reduce excessive acid in the stomach?
One can reduce excessive acid in the stomach and associated complications with medications (antacids, histamine blockers, and proton pump inhibitors) and dietary changes (eating high fiber, whole grains, oatmeal).
At what time can I take an acid reducer?
To prevent heartburn, take one tablet with a glass of water at least 15 to 60 minutes before eating food or drinking beverages contributing to heartburn.
Can I take acid reducer with food?
Famotidine can be consumed before or after consuming food. Famotidine can be taken 15 to 60 minutes before food or beverages, leading to indigestion to prevent acid indigestion and heartburn.
How to get a prescription acid reducer?
You need a doctor’s advice to buy a prescription acid reducer; once you get the prescription for a particular acid reducer, you can get it from your local chemist or online.
Which is the best acid-reducer medicine?
After eating, the best acid reducer quickly neutralizes stomach acid and relieves indigestion, gas, and discomfort. Omeprazole and lansoprazole are considered the best medications among PPI inhibitors to relieve heartburn, indigestion, and other associated symptoms.