|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.20||US$ 5.93||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.20||US$ 11.86||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.20||US$ 17.78||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Protonix|
Description of the drug
Pantocidtoprazole is a drug that reduces production of acid in the stomach. It is prescribed for erosive esophagitis, gastric reflux, and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome. Zollinger-Ellison syndrome is caused due to tumor present in the Pantocidcreas. This tumor induces secretion of acid from stomach cells and causes ulceration in the stomach. This drug was approved by the FDA in 2000.
Indications and Usage
Pantocidtoprazole is used in conditions when an excess of gastric acid leads to acid reflux, erosion of esophagus lining and heartburn. It helps in healing of lining of the esophagus and stomach, prevention of ulcer formation and cancer of the esophagus. This medicine can be used in the treatment of ulcerations and their maintenance. Pantocidtoprazole may be prescribed along with antibiotics for treatment of Helicobacter pylori infections. The drug may be used to treat ulcers caused by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs that irritate the gastric lining. It belongs to a class of drugs called proton pump inhibitors.
Dosage and Administration
1. Recommended dose:
For treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease, gastric ulcers, and maintenance of erosive esophagitis; a single dose of 40 mg a day for eight weeks is recommended. For duodenal ulcers, 40-120 mg per day for twelve weeks is recommended. For Helicobacter pylori infection-induced ulcers, a dose of 40 mg twice a day (along with appropriate antibiotic) for one week is recommended. For patients suffering from Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, 40-240 mg per day is recommended. Please consult you doctor regarding the cause of ulcers/reflux to determine the dosage required. Do not stop taking the medication until the prescribed regimen is complete. You may experience relief after taking the drug, but do not stop its usage abruptly.
2. Method of Administration:
Tablets can be taken with or without food. For maximum effectiveness, take tablets with a glass of water before meals. Swallow tablet as a whole and do not chew. Take the dose at the same times every day. Taking the drug at different times or skipping doses will slow down healing of ulcers.
1. Missed dose:
Take the missed dose when you remember; unless, it is time for next dose. Do not take a double dose.
In the case of accidental overdose, you may experience ataxia and tremors. Seek medical help immediately.
Forms and Strengths
Pantocidtoprazole is available in the form of tablets in two doses: 20 mg and 40 mg. You can buy Pantocidtoprazole Pantocid 20 mg online on our website.
- Ø Do not take this medicine if you are taking antivirals, such as atazanavir and nelfinavir.
- Ø If you are allergic to this class of drugs, do not take this medication.
- Ø Do not take this drug if you have liver disease, low serum magnesium, osteoporosis, or osteopenia. Pantocidtoprazole may increase susceptibility to fractures in the hip, waist, or spine.
- Ø Do not use this medication in children younger than five years.
- Ø This drug should not be taken by pregnant or lactating women.
- Ø Long-term treatment with this drug may cause in vitamin B12 deficiency, atrophic gastritis, and low magnesium levels. Your doctor may routinely carry out tests for vitamin B12 and magnesium levels to ensure the drug is not affecting their metabolism.
- Ø This drug interferes with calcium absorption in bones. During long-term treatment, susceptibility to fractures may increase.
- Ø The consumption of this drug can lead to false positive in the urine test.
- Ø The acidic pH of the stomach plays an important role in preventing pathogens from causing diseases.This drug changes gastric pH and may make patients susceptible to pneumonia.
- Ø This drug should not be used for immediate relief for heartburns.
Warnings and precautions
Common side effects may include a headache, fever, cold symptoms such as stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat, stomach pain, gas, nausea, vomiting, mild diarrhea or joint pain.
Severe side effects include diarrhea, seizures (convulsions), blood in your urine, constipation, rashes, joint pain, dizziness, blistering or peeling of skin, and weight gain. Symptoms of low magnesium include dizziness, confusion, abnormal heart rate, tremors, muscle cramps and spasms, and a choking feeling. Seek immediate medical help if any of these effects occur.
Pantocidtoprazole interferes absorption of certain drugs as it raises pH of the stomach. These include ampicillin, ketoconazole, methotrexate, mycophenolate mofetil, warfarin, atazanavir, nelfinavir, and iron-containing medicines, such as ferrous fumarate, ferrous gluconate, ferrous sulfate, etc. Consult with your doctor about any drugs, nutritional supplements you may be taking when you buy Pantocidtoprazole Pantocid 20 mg online.
Pantocid 20 mg tablet contains 20 mg of active Pantocidtoprazole. The drug is a proton pump inhibitor that irreversibly inhibits H+/K+-ATPase and reduces production of gastric acid.
Store this drug away from direct sunlight and moisture at room temperature. Keep medicine out of reach of children.
This drug is manufactured by Alkem Laboratories, a multinational pharmaceutical comPantocidy, headquartered in Mumbai, India.