|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|30 Tablet/s||US$ 0.33||US$ 10.70||
|60 Tablet/s||US$ 0.35||US$ 21.38||
|90 Tablet/s||US$ 0.36||US$ 32.07||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Nolvadex|
Tamoxifen Citrate is an antiestrogen drug used in the treatment of breast cancer. It blocks the actions of female hormone estrogen. Antiestrogens are the drugs that inhibit the generation and utilization of estrogen hormone. In some types of breast cancer, estrogen accelerates the growth of cancer cells. Tamoxifen citrate is one of the most recommended drugs given in the treatment of Breast cancer.
The ailments, it is used for:
Tamoxifen Citrate is an anti estrogen drug and is used in the following conditions:
- Treats breast cancer in men and women
- Reduces the chances of breast cancer in people who are at the increased risk
- Adjuvant therapy to cure ductal carcinoma and for metastatic disease
How it works?
It contains Tamoxifen Citrate as an active ingredient in it. Tamoxifen Citrate binds to estrogen receptors on the target cells and tissues. By forming a complex it decreases DNA synthesis and stops estrogen effects. It has a cytostatic action as it prevents the division of precancerous cells.
When should you avoid it?
You should not take Tamoxifen Citrate if you:
- Are allergic to Tamoxifen Citrate
- Are allergic to Hydroxyzine
- Have hypercholesterolemia
- Have kidney related problems
- Have liver disease
- Are a cataract patient
- Have a past track record of having blood clots in the veins or lungs
- You are taking blood thinner such as Coumadin
- Are receiving chemotherapy or any other radiation therapy
- Are pregnant or planning to become a pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
How much to take?
The dosage is solely decided by the Doctor after assessing your condition and various factors such as age, gender and body weight. One can’t fix the dose as it varies from patient to patient. In case of metastatic breast cancer in women and men, 20 mg to 40 mg orally generally given in divided doses. As a preventive medication, it can be given 20 mg orally daily for 5 years. Always take the dose prescribed by the Doctor.
What are the strengths available?
Tamoxifen Citrate is available in two strength preparations on our website:
- Tamoxifen 10 mg
- Tamoxifen 20 mg
Who is the manufacturer?
Tamoxifen is manufactured by Fresenius Kabi Oncology Limited, a pharmaceutical giant and is available on our website in the pack of 30, 60 and 90 tablets.
How to take?
Tamoxifen Citrate is taken exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet with a full glass of water. Don’t crush or chew the tablet. Always follow the prescription.
When to take?
Tamoxifen Citrate can be taken with or without food once in a day. The intake of dosage depends upon your condition. Always take the medicine as per the prescription.
For how long should it be taken?
Take the medicine as long as recommended by the Doctor. Always ask the doctor before stopping the intake of the drug.
What if you take too much (overdose)?
If overdose, immediately consult with your concerned doctor. Take medical help as soon as possible if you encounter any unusual symptoms.
What if you miss the dose?
Try to take the medicine at the same time each day; this reduces the chances of missing a dose. Talk to your Doctor if you miss the dose. Don’t double up the dose in order to compensate with the previous one.
What are the side effects?
Every medicine shows some side effects, same way this drug also has some undesired effects with it. Tamoxifen Citrate shows common and serious side effects such as:
- Swelling in your hands or feet
- Hot flashes
- Bone pain
- Joint pain
- Tumor pain
- Vaginal itching or dryness
- Thinning of hair
Some serious and rare side effects that need serious consideration are stated below:
- Confusion, severe headache and vision related problems
- Chest pain, cough and wheezing
- Swelling of legs
- Nausea, weight loss, muscular weakness and restlessness
- Irregular menstrual periods
- Unexplained vaginal bleeding or discharge
- Fever, chills and flu symptoms
- Abdominal pain and discomfort, dark urine and jaundice
- Formation of breast lumps
Are there any possible drug interactions?
Always inform your doctor about the drugs you are taking till date. Give a complete list of prescription or non prescription drugs and any other disease conditions. This way, doctor is able to decide and give you the list of drugs and other things that may interact with Tamoxifen Citrate. The following are the drugs that may interact with Tamoxifen citrate:
What are the things to be taken care of?
- Always take the medicine as per the prescription
- Don’t use the expired drugs
- Don’t share your medicine with anybody, even if they have the same symptoms
- Avoid eating soya based products
- It can pass into body fluids like urine, feces, vomit and vaginal fluid
- Patients and care givers should maintain personal hygiene by wearing rubber gloves while cleaning up or handling contaminated trash. Always wash your hands, linens and clothes separately from other laundry
- Always store the medicine at the room temperature and away from moisture, heat and light
- Consult with your pharmacist about the proper disposal of the drug
- Keep a complete record of all the medicines you are taking along with this medicine