Why is this drug prescribed?
Fosamax is prescribed for the prevention and treatment of osteoporosis, the brittle bone disease, in postmenopausal...Read more
|Pack Size||Qty||Price Per Pill or Unit||Price||Offer|
|28 Tablet/s||US$ 0.95||US$ 26.59||
|56 Tablet/s||US$ 0.95||US$ 53.20||
|84 Tablet/s||US$ 0.95||US$ 79.79||
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Fosamax|
|Generic Name||Alendronate sodium|
Description of the drug:
Osteofos 35 mg drug contains Alendronate Sodium as the potential metabolite. Alendronate belongs to a group of medicines named Bisphosphonates. This drug interferes with the normal process of bone
formation and breakdown in the body. It prevents high risk of fractures.
Indications and Usage:
- Alendronate Sodium drug is prescribed for both men and women. It is highly effective for preventing osteoporosis which occurs post menopause or by the intake of steroid dosage. Alendronate sodium
- helps in increasing the bone mass and is used for the treatment of Paget’s disease of bone in both men and women. This disease usually deforms the bone and causes severe pain. Alendronate Sodium is
- very effective in reducing the pain due to brittle bone.
Dosage and administration:
- The recommended dose of this drug for adults is 35 mg once every week or 5 mg once every day. This drug should be consumed either with meals or immediately after the meal. It will be preferable to
- take this drug at the same time. Please contact your doctor before giving this medicine to patients below 18 years of age. The dose should be adjusted gradually within a period of one to two weeks
- but after taking advice from your doctor.
-Mode of administration:
Alendronate Sodium is available in the form of a tablet and can be easily consumed orally with sufficient amount of water. Do not take this medicine with fluid other than water like juice and milk
as this can cause some problem related to the blood sugar level.
If you forget to take your medication, do take it as soon as you remember it. In the case of any complications please contact your doctor immediately
In case if you take an extra dose, consult your doctor and do as instructed.
Forms and strengths:
Alendronate Sodium is available in the form of a tablet and is applicable to the following strengths:
- Osteofos- 35 mg
- Osteofos- 70 mg
You can buy Osteofos 35 mg tablets online from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com at a very reasonable price.
Alendronate Sodium is known to contraindicate in the following cases:
- Breathing problems and asthmatic patients
- Patients with heart disorder, heart blockage
- Anaphylactic and severe cases of hypersensitivity
- Pregnant and lactating women
- Children below the age of 18 years
- Abnormal oesophagus functioning (stricture, achalasia)
- Angioedema and Urticaria
Warnings and Precautions:
- You should give all the relevant information related to your medical background to the doctor. Alendronate Sodium has been reported to cause severe hypersensitive reactions in some cases
- Please consult your doctor before taking Alendronate Sodiumtablets along with other medications. This may lead to allergic reactions and other severe complications
- Please use this drug as prescribed and instructed. Any alteration in the dosage without informing your doctor can be life threatening
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking this drug. This drug is known to cause dizziness and make you less attentive
- Avoid drinking any alcoholic beverages if you are taking this medicine. If alcohol is consumed along with Alendronate Sodium drug it may alter the effectiveness of the drug
- Avoid smoking if you are taking this medicine. Smoking may cause an increase in the metabolism of your body if you are already taking this medicine
- Special care should be taken by the diabetic patient who is taking this medicine. Make sure to consume only the dose that has been prescribed by your doctor. Alendronate Sodium may cause it a
- little difficult to control the normal blood sugar levels
- When you buy Osteofos 35 mg from our website reliablerxpharmacy.com, prepare a note of all the above instructions mentioned here and follow them strictly.
Alendronate Sodium has been reported to have the following side effects:
- Change in vision
- Stomach pain
- Vomiting and nausea
- Fluctuation in blood sugar level
- Bleeding nose
- Abnormal stools
- Loss of appetite
- Fever and insomnia
- Skin problems
- Constipation or diarrhoea
- Mood swings
- Allergic reactions
- Several drugs are known to interact with and alter the working of Alendronate Sodium. Some of them are:
- Calcium Supplements and antacids
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Alendronate Sodium is the main active ingredient present in the drug Osteofos 35 mg drug. This drug is prescribed to prevent the occurrence of osteoporosis. Alendronate Sodium acts as a strong
- inhibitor of bone resorption which is mediated by osteoclasts. It belongs to a category of bisphosphonates which are synthetic analogues of pyrophosphate. This pyrophosphate has strong affinity for
- hydroxyapatite which is present in the bone.
- Store this drug under room temperature and away from heat and moisture
- Keep this drug away from the reach of pets and children
- Do not refrigerate the medicine
- This drug is manufactured by one of the leading multinational pharmaceutical Indian company, Cipla. This Indian based company is one of the top biotechnology giants that uses innovative
- technologies for various drug discovery programmes.