Out Of Stock
TRUSTPILOT PRODUCT REVIEWS
|US Brand Name||Donamem|
|Generic Name||Donepezil + Memantine|
Description of the drug
Donepezil + Memantine is the main active ingredient present in Donamem – 5 + 10 mg tablets. It is a combination drug contains Donepezil, which is an acetylcholinesterase and Memantine is a N-methyl-D-aspartate (NMDA)-receptor antagonist prescribed to treat dementia that is a confusion of the Alzheimer’s type. This medicine does not cure Alzheimer's disease, but it may improve memory, awareness, and the ability to function.
Indications and Usage
Donepezil + Memantine hydrochloride is used to treat the symptoms of dementia (which includes increasing memory loss, confusion and behavioral changes) in people diagnosed as having mild and moderately severe Alzheimer’s disease. It helps the brain to improve its functions and abilities to think, communicate and remember.
Dosage and Administration
The dose will be decided according to the patient condition therefore, it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
-Method of Administration:
Donamem is available in the form of a tablet to be taken orally by mouth with an ample amount of water it is advised to take once or twice daily before or after having a meal as prescribed by the doctor.
Take the next dose on time, If you miss one or more doses.Remember that you should never take double up the dose to compensate the missed one.
The overdose of any drug will be dangerous. The overdose may cause you harmful side effect, sometimes it may be poisonous. In case, of an overdose, you should contact your doctor right away.
Forms and Strengths
The drug is available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Donamem – 5 + 10 mg
- The medicine should not be used in patients who are allergic to the active ingredient or other component present in this formulation.
- This drug should not be given to pregnant women, or to women who are planning to get pregnant in the near future.
- This drug should not be given to a breastfeeding mother, due to the fact this drug may pass through the breast milk and harm the unborn child.
Warnings and precautions
- Remember that Donepezil + Memantinecannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Donamem 5 + 10 mg tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
- Patients who are having severe anemia that is a disease of less red blood cell than normal. In this condition tell your doctor before taking this medicament.
- Those patients who have a problem with low blood pressure, then let your doctor know about this before taking this medicament.
- This medicament should be avoided by those patients who are having any severe kidney problem.
- Patients who recently had a congestive heart failure, should consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
- Patients who are a sick sinus syndrome, then you must inform your doctor before taking this medicine.
- Patients having a stomach or a bowel problem, then before taking this medicament you must let your doctor know about this problem.
- Patients having a problem of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, muscles problem or a low thyroid hormone level, then in these condition inform your doctor before taking this medicament.
- This drug may be more sensitive to the older aged people, therefore use with caution in older adults.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
- Weight loss
- Abnormal urination
- Joint pain
- Central nervous system depression
- Behavioral change
- Breathing difficulty
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Donamem:
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Donepezil + Memantine.
Donamem comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Donepezil + Memantine. Donepezil belongs to a group of medicines called acetylcholinesterase inhibitors. Donepezil + Memantine increases the levels of a substance (acetylcholine) in the brain involved in memory function by slowing down the breakdown of acetylcholine, and Memantine, an NMDA receptor antagonist that works by blocking the excess activity of some substances in the brain known as glutamate. This in turn reduces the symptoms associated with Alzheimer’s disease.
Donepezil + Memantine tablets should be stored in a safe place that is away from moisture, heat, and away from direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets opened
Donamem – 5 + 10 mg medicine is manufactured by Sun Pharma Laboratories. It is an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company. You can easily buy Donamem – 5 + 10 mg online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.