Undoubtedly, the food that we eat impacts our physical appearance. If you have unhealthy healthy habits, then there is an increased possibility of getting acne or pimples on the face. Likewise, eating healthy food and regular exercise are challenges for each one of us. Healthy choices lead to a better and longer life. Through healthy eating, people get all the vitamins, minerals and nutrients needed to function properly. One must choose those food items, offering most of these components to improve their quality of life. A healthy diet should consists of fresh fruits and green vegetables, whole grain foods, low fat, lean proteins and non-fat dairy items as stated by the Food Standards Agency. For good health, you should cut down fat, sugar, sodium and cholesterol from your diet. Flaxseeds, green tea, carrots, almonds, dark chocolate, spinach, sweet potatoes and tomatoes are some foods for beautiful skin which can be considered a part of the daily meal.
If you wish to have glowing skin naturally, you should eat healthy and exercise regularly. We often rely on skin and beauty products and ignore the most beneficial one, physical activities. Exercise has an overall revitalizing effect and it helps to get a clear complexion, blemish-free skin with fewer wrinkles.
Benefits of Exercise on the skin
- Glowing skin- While you regularly exercise, the health of the skin improves tremendously due to improvement in blood circulation to the skin surface. This helps in supplying essential nutrients to the skin. Aerobic exercises like swimming, cycling or walking makes us sweat and also helps to promote removal of some toxins through perspiration. A regular workout tones the skin, improves blood circulation and oxygenation to the skin.
- Prevents the formation of wrinkles- An exercise is one the most effective and natural way to get rid of wrinkles, fine lines and sagging skin. It largely supports the production of collagen (a protein which is a support structure of the skin). During exercise, the muscles beneath the skin gets strengthened and toned up. The stronger the muscles become, the more firmer and elastic the skin looks. In short, to get naturally healthy, shiny and glowing skin, we must give 30 minutes to exercise.
- Prevents acne- Acne is caused due to an over production of sebum. Sebum gets released into pores regularly, whereas certain hormones such as testosterone and stress hormone cortisol tend to cause an over production. Increase in any of the hormones corresponds to an increase in the production of acne on the skin. By regular indulgence in physical activities, you can correct hormonal disturbances which leads to development of acne on the skin. It is also effective in relieving stress and lowers cortisol levels in the blood, thereby eliminating the over- production of sebum, leading to blocked pores. Exercise makes us sweat which helps to clean out all pores and removes dead skin cells, oils and chemicals forming on the skin over time.
There are several other ways to have glowing and healthy skin. Here are some health tips for glowing skin which i think everyone must follow.
Natural ways for flawless skin
Drink plenty of water- Whether it’s summer or winter season, it is extremely important to drink plenty of water. Our skin is the first place to show signs of dehydration, even though our body does not crave for a glass of water but our skin does.
- Consume healthy fats- One must try to include more of healthier fats into the daily diet to have a naturally glowing and beautiful skin. Avocados, coconut oil and nuts are a good option to make skin supple from inside out.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are found to be anti inflammatory. Intake of omega-6 to omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids are a crucial dietary factor in regulating the systematic inflammation. Increasing omega-3 fats may prove to be an essential step in healing skin and also reduces the risk of acne and other skin conditions by diminishing insulin like growth factor (IGF-1) and further preventing hyperkeratinisation of sebaceous follicles. Clinical results from omega-3 supplementation also includes a reduction in pruritus (skin itching), scaling and erythema (skin redness). Omega-3 fatty acids have been demonstrated to inhibit skin inflammation caused due to ultraviolet rays of the sun and reduce skin cancer. Salmon, tuna, sardines, mackerel and black cod are some good cold water fatty fish abundant in these fats.Related:
- Exfoliate- Dull skin during winters is most often caused by dead or dull skin cells sticking to the skin surface. Washing face many times a day may not be enough to get clear skin. To maintain a soft, supple and moisturized skin, you must exfoliate, which is an effective way to open up clogged pores and remove dead skin cells.
- Use coconut oil- Coconut is one of the best natural skin care remedies. It consists of lauric acid which gently exfoliates the skin and offers the best way to moisturize your skin.
Apart from following some health tips for glowing skin, you must avoid stress as well which plays a major role in skin health. So try to get a sound sleep for 7-8 hours daily which helps to limit cortisol, and also helps us lead a healthy and stress-free life.
Latest posts by Steve Marc (see all)
- Stress and Anxiety can cause Erectile Dysfunction - August 14, 2017
- Everyday Tips to Treat Migraines - August 7, 2017
- New Smart Inhalers to Get Rid of Asthma Attacks - July 27, 2017
- Tattoo Aftercare: All You Need To Know - July 24, 2017
- No Drinking Fruit Juice for Children Under 1 Year - July 17, 2017