Numerous treatment options are available for male individuals who are suffering from erectile dysfunction. The treatment options range from conventional erectile dysfunction drugs to herbal remedies, physical therapy, and counseling for erectile dysfunction cure.
Erectile dysfunction and Food choices
One of the more natural ways to enhance your sexual health is to start by cleaning up your diet. Incorporate the benefits of better food choices to your diet. Avoid foods that contribute to erectile dysfunction (ED) or other sexual disorders. Environmental pollutants and chemicals are also known to affect men’s sexual health. To maintain the sexual desire, a man should look into these and other lifestyle factors that can cause ED. Also, he should look for foods for erectile dysfunction that can promote a healthier libido and better sex life.
Also Read: Stress-free life is necessary to increase testosterone level in men
Many clinical studies reveal that having a proper diet can significantly reduce the effect of ED. Food containing. Zinc, vitamin E, fruits, vegetables, and fish oils are largely known to fight with ED symptoms. Obesity and overweight can make your erectile problem worse. Therefore, it is essential to maintain a healthy body weight which is possible only after having a balanced diet. Following is the list of foods that are rich in nutrients that assist in vascular and sexual health and are also helps to treat erectile dysfunction.
- Beets- Erectile health is all about blood flow. Beets contain nitrates, which is a form of nitrogen. This form of nitrate gets converted into another form of nitrate called nitrite by bacteria on the tongue. Once the nitrite reaches the stomach, it transformed into nitric oxide or enters the bloodstream as nitrite. Nitric oxide widens the blood flow which allows more blood to flow through the vessel. Almost all erectile dysfunction medications exert their mode of action by increasing nitric oxide. It is believed that beets also increase the amount of nitric oxide in the bloodstream and helps in relieving ED symptoms. Promoting better blood flow will help provide a penile erection.
- Green leafy vegetables- Provide a shot of rich nitrates to your body by eating green leafy vegetables like spinach, lettuce, collard greens, peas, and other green vegetables. The supply of rich nitrates to your body will help increase blood flow and improve circulation in the penile region. Promote better blood flow through the food you eat and avoid taking pharmaceutical agents that are expensive and potentially harmful for one’s body.
- Dark chocolate– Dark chocolates contain flavonoids that are rich in antioxidants. Flavonol-rich cocoa has been found to influence the blood supply. To get the potential benefits, be sure to eat dark chocolates.
- Pistachios- Pistachios are the nuts that are extremely useful in erectile dysfunction treatment in men. Add the goodness of pistachios in your diet plan. Eating pistachios daily can significantly improve your sexual health especially erection problems. These nuts are helpful in decreasing total and low-density cholesterol which is bad cholesterol in the body. A decline in the bad cholesterol is a good indicator of blood flow. The levels of good cholesterol or high-density lipoprotein (HDL) will be improved by eating a handful of pistachios daily. The type of dry fruit is an excellent source of an amino acid called arginine, which helps with erection problems. Being a precursor of nitric oxide, arginine dilated blood vessels which in turn improve the flow of blood to the penis (reproductive organ of men).
- Watermelon- The summer fruit can be considered as an erectile dysfunction treatment. It is enriched with an amino acid called citrulline, which is effective in boosting blood flow to the reproductive organ. Its regular intake improves sexual health by providing hardness to the penis that is enough for sexual practice. Frequent consumption of watermelon juice provides a boost to your erections.
Also Read: Men need to have a guide to erectile dysfunction
Remember that your food choices have a great impact on blood circulation. You can either enjoy these foods separately or combined in creative ways to help treat erectile dysfunction naturally.