Human Chorionic Gonadotropin called HCG is a natural hormone produced by women during pregnancy. HCG has some intriguing and useful medical effects when injected intramuscularly. It is the primary constituent of HCG 5000 IU injection and is obtained from the placental cells of pregnant ladies to treat infertility in women and as well as men.
What are HCG Injections?
HCG is a hormone that is naturally secreted in the body of females. The human hormone produced by the placenta of pregnant women. The placenta develops during pregnancy to provide nourishment to the growing baby. Hormonal medicine show benefits to women who are looking to lose extra pounds. HCG is one of the many beneficial substances secreted by the placenta. It is a hormone that has been shown to support the normal development of an egg in a woman’s ovary and stimulate the release of the egg during ovulation.
The hormonal injection trigger ovulation in women with infertility issue. It is also helpful in increasing sperm count in men. The benefits of HCG have not finished here; it is also effective for young boys whose testes have not dropped into the scrotum normally.
Other uses of HCG that are still under research
During the initial days of pregnancy, two hormones tend to increase in the body that plays a significant role in implantation. The hormones include progesterone and human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG). The level of both the hormones tends to rise in pregnant women, but the levels drop with an impending miscarriage. Moreover, Since the last few years, it is becoming common that gynaecologists prescribe progesterone supplements to women who underwent recurrent miscarriages. The hormone supplementation is given to those ladies in which underproduction of progesterone might be a cause of miscarriage. Far much attention has been paid to the idea of supplementing the other hormone (HCG) to stop miscarriages. HCG is not an effective remedy for the treatment of obesity. There is not enough evidence that shows the injectable increases weight loss; in fact, the caloric restriction is known to produce more attractive results.
Where to inject HCG shots?
If you are using HCG shot, your health care specialist will tell you where to inject this medicine. The HCG shot is typically given intramuscularly. The injectable form of medicine is meant to go into the muscle. The injection should be administered correctly, and special care is taken to keep the needle straight to avoid bending. Your fertility specialist will give you instructions on how to use HCG shot to get rid of fertility issues. You can also check to the package insert. Fertility experts recommend administering the medicine intramuscularly, usually in the buttocks or the upper thigh. He/she will demonstrate to you how to use the medicine. Firstly, you need to dilute the vial containing the drug and then rotate the vial to mix the formula. Wipe out the rubber stopper of the vial as well as the injection site with the help of an alcohol swab. Now insert a needle through the rubber stopper of the vial. Draw the preparation into the syringe, switch needle and tap the syringe to remove bubbles. Insert the needle into the muscle and then pull back on the syringe plunger while holding the syringe still into the muscle. If blood is visible in the syringe, this means you hit a vein. In this case, you should start again with a new syringe and drug.
Where to find the best HCG?
Your fertility specialist will recommend you inject 5000 to 10000 iu. Make sure you always follow the instruction of your health care specialist while using the medication. The drug is available online under various brand name such as Pregnyl, fertigyn, Corion, ovunal, and Sifasi.
- Pregnyl- Pregnyl has a generic name, human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG). It is purified from the urine of pregnant women. HCG in the form of injection can help to treat fertility problem in women. As a fertility treatment, it stimulates ovulation so the released egg can be fertilized. This brand is a real prescription-strength human chorionic gonadotropin. It comes in a sterile sealed vial containing a dry powder that must be mixed to give intramuscularly.
- Fertigyn- Fertigyn is an HCG drug, which is a water-soluble glycoprotein and is given into the muscle or under the skin. It is ideal for treating infertility in women and increasing sperm count in men. It is also useful for the treatment of certain pituitary gland disorders in young boys. Its treats fertility by stimulating the ovaries which cause them to produce and expel during a cycle of ovulation in women. It is also prescribed to men with a low sperm count and to young boys who testicles have not dropped to the scrotum.
- Corion- It is an injectable formulation containing generic HCG in synthetic form. This why Corion is considered as the synthetic formulation of HCG for treating the condition of infertility in both men and women. It helps in the normal process of ovulation in females and for the sperm count in males.
- Ovunal- It is used for the treatment of certain conditions of anovulatory infertility in women and male fertility due to hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and delayed puberty. Infertility in women can be due to changes in ovulation, and in males, sperm count can be a reason.
- Sifasi- The injectable medicine helps the egg in a woman’s ovary to develop normally. It effectively stimulates the release of an egg during ovulation and in this way treats infertility in women. It is also given to young boys with certain pituitary gland disorders.
Human chorionic gonadotrophin is a hormone produced by the human placenta and is also known as the hormone of pregnancy. The importance of the therapeutic use of human chorionic gonadotrophin (HCG) has grown tremendously over the last 2 to 3 decades due to its effectiveness in treating fertility issues in women.