HCG diet is not considered safe by many doctors, so if you are thinking about following this diet, you should consult your doctor and follow the guidelines given by him.
Anyone who ever been on a diet knows there are more sensible ways to lose extra flab, including a balanced diet and regular exercising. There are other ways as well to shed pounds such as fads, and diet that claims rapid weight loss but often recommends potentially dangerous practices. Some prefer using HCG weight loss products that are suggested to take along with a severely restricted diet. According to the US FDA, consumers should avoid using HCG weight loss products that are available in the form of sprays, pellets, or oral drops.
HCG is a Human chorionic gonadotropin hormone found in women and during pregnancy. HCG is a protein-based hormone that helps in maintaining the production of progesterone and estrogen hormones, which are essential for the development of the embryo and fetus. After three months of pregnancy, blood levels of HCG decrease. HCG is also effective for treating fertility issues in both men and women. A British doctor named Albert Simeons developed a diet known as the HCG diet as a weight-loss tool. HCG diet is named after the hormone, which is during pregnancy. It is used to reset your metabolism, so you lose as much as a pound a day without feeling hungry or weak.
What is the HCG Diet?
HCG diet involves the use of HCG shots and extremely low-calorie diet plan. The diet consists of two main parts:
- This diet plan consists of ultra-low calorie that is around 500 calories per day.
- The HCG hormone is administered via HCG injections.
HCG online is easily available nowadays in the form of oral drops, pellets, and sprays. You can find these things easily on websites and retail stores.
What does the HCG Diet contain?
The diet contains two meals a day, lunch, and dinner. The meal must contain one protein, one vegetable, one bread, and one fruit. The diet contains boiled or grilled veal, beef, chicken breast, fresh white fish, lobster, crab, or shrimp if you do not eat any visible fat. You should never eat salmon, eel, tuna, herring, or dried or pickled fish. Vegetables of the diet are spinach, chard, chicory, beet greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, and cabbage. You should include fruits in the diet like an orange, a handful of strawberries, or half a grapefruit. The diet allows you to have as much water, coffee, and tea as you want. You should not have more than one tablespoon of milk per day. Butter and oils are strictly prohibited, and sugar substitutes can be used, but not sugar to sweeten drinks.
What is the process of taking the HCG Diet?
The process is divided into three phases:
- Loading phase- Inn this, you must eat plenty of high-fat, high-calorie foods for two days.
- Weight loss phase- HCG diet starts with you taking 500 calorie diet per day for 3-6 weeks and start taking HCG.
- Maintenance phase- Gradually taking increase food and do not take sugar and starch for three weeks and stop taking HCG also.
- The diet is prescribed for three weeks for the people who want to lose minimal weight, and this diet can be continued for a further week if you want to lose more weight.
- HCG diet helps you revolutionize your metabolism and helps you lose large amounts of fat – all without feeling hungry. There are various studies which have concluded the HCG diet helps you lose weight and shows that hormone did not significantly reduce hunger.
- HCG diet can help you to lose the amount of weight you want, but only when you follow it under the supervision of a doctor. If you want to lose weight, stop following dieting restrictions and quit using HCG products for weight loss. And talk to your doctor for a safe and healthy weight loss regimen for you.