Summers have arrived, and we all begin to experience oily skin issues. Read on to learn some vital skin care tips for summer.
Summers are here, and now there will be new skin problems every day. Sometimes you will be dealing with pimples and some other day you have may deal with excess oily skin. There will cause sunburn and rashes. Oily skin is one of the biggest problems of the summer. Oily skin irritates the most. Oily skin cramps your beauty style. The reason behind the oily skin is that our sebaceous glands produce more oil because of heat and humidity. But you need not worry about the oily skin there are various methods which can help you decrease your skin.
Causes of Oily Skin
There are many disadvantages of having oily skin-
- Excessive shine
- The meltdown of makeup
- Sudden breakout of pimples and acne
Sebaceous glands are more active in summers due to rising temperature and humidity.
Genetics can be the reason for your oily skin if oily skin runs in the family, and then there are chances that you will also have oily skin.
Excessive use of skin care products – Overuse of gels, scrubs and chemical peel process promotes oil production in the skin.
Medications – Oily skin can also be a side effect of using certain medications like hormonal birth control pills and hormone replacement medications.
Stress – there are endless adverse effects of stress on both physical and mental health, and it affects the skin as well.
Some points to remember for the care of oily skin-
Here are a few skin care tips for summer to get healthy skin:
- Prefer using lukewarm water for cleansing oily skin, as it dissolves oil more effectively than cold water. It also helps in washing away the dirt and impurities, leaving healthy skin.
- One of the best skin care tips for summer is regular cleansing. It is essential for clear skin. Cleaning your face with a good quality cleanser twice a day is enough for keeping it clean.
- Use a gel-based cleanser which helps in reducing dead skin cells, and these gels contain salicylic acid, citric acid, and glycolic acid.
- Avoid scrubbing too much, exfoliating the skin 2-3 times a week is more than enough for removing blackheads and dead skin cells. Our skin tends to produce natural oils to keep our skin hydrated and fight irritations. Make sure you don’t overdo because overdoing the scrubbing strips the skin of its natural oils and moisture and makes it dry.
- Using natural mask is one of the best methods to remove oil from your skin without harming it. There is mask made of fuller earth (Multani mitti) or sandalwood which soak up excess oil, remove impurities and cool the skin.
- If your skin gets too oily after washings also, then use a medicated tissue to remove excess oil away from the face so that it can be freshened up with moments.
- You should eat healthy food and avoid eating spicy and junk foods. Avoid foods that are rich in oil and substitute them with food rich in vitamin A, such as sweet potatoes, carrots, leafy vegetables, etc.
- Drink lots of water every day.
Home Remedies for Oily Skin
- Oatmeal and Aloe Vera scrub- Since ancient times, Aloe Vera has been used for its medicinal qualities. The well-known medicinal plant contains an aspirin-like compound known as salicylic acid that has potent anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and analgesic properties of aloe helps to treat suntan and skin infections. One of the best natural remedies for oily skin that is also the solution to the question of how to remove dead skin cells naturally.
- Apple and honey face pack- this is one of the most effective natural face masks for people with oily skin that removes excess oil from the skin without stripping off all the moisture. Honey is a natural humectant helps in adding soft and smooth texture to the skin whereas apple supplies the necessary nutrients to maintain healthy and naturally glowing skin.
- Egg white moisturizer– to complete our oily skin care regime, this essential moisturizer. Eggs are enriched with proteins that are great for the skin. Eggs are beneficial for maintaining the natural elasticity of the skin.
Best way to remove oil from the skin is to maintain a healthy lifestyle and to follow a healthy diet. Drinking lots of water regularly and eating green vegetables and pulses help you keep healthy skin.