Cognition is needed for leading a smooth and comfortable life. It is a set of mental abilities and its processes, which includes knowledge, memory for working things, attention, judgment, problem solving and decision making, remembering, and comprehension and production of language.But, as age progresses a person’s cognitive power suppresses. This is due to several other conditions like, if a person is suffering from deadly illnesses like Schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s, strokes, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. These deadly diseases affect the mental ability of a person to a very much extent by decreasing his/her learning power, remembering things, and judgmental abilities.
What are cognitive enhancers?
There is no need to worry because science has taken itself way beyond our thinking. Scientists have developed a cure for cognition problems. They have developed cognitive enhancers, which are known as supplements or drugs that can actually increase the brain’s performance. Cognitive supplements or enhancers are known as smart drugs and are also referred in the scientific community as “Nootropics”. It is very popular among people of all ages because of the memory enhancing properties. In the year 1972, a Romanian Dr. Corneliu E. Giurgea coined nootropics.
How cognitive enhancers work? These work by supplying the brain with high levels of neurotransmitters, which stimulates the important receptors in the brain that improves learning, memory, attention and mood. Some of the famous and common cognitive enhancers like Methylphenidate, Adderall (mixed amphetamine salts), and Modafinil have gained reputation among students because of its memory enhancing properties. It has been reported that an estimated 1.6 million people used one of these supplements without prescription in the year 2007.
Natural cognitive enhancers:
Every person wants to make him/her super intelligent with futuristic biotechnology. But, you cannot become the next Stephen Hawking by only thinking. For this, you have to put a little effort, which can be possible by supplementing with natural cognitive enhancers. After having cognitive enhancers you may experience some noticeable improvements in your learning abilities, memory, and mental clarity. Below are some of the natural supplements you can take to boost your intelligence. These include:
- Omega-3 fatty acids- Products like fishes, livestock, walnuts, flaxseed, and beans are enriched with omega-3 fatty acids, which is regarded as the brain food, which improves the ability to focus and is also used as a dietary supplement to reduce the effects of age-related cognitive decline, including neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- Spanish sage (Salvia Lavandulaefolia) – As the name suggests, it is found in Spain. Salvia lavandulaefolia is an aromatic herb that boosts acetylcholine function. Moreover, researchers have proved that Spanish sage can be used by healthy young adults, as well as the patients with Alzheimer’s, as it enhances their memory and mood. Additionally, Spanish sage is also known for like calming, estrogenic, anti-depressive, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Think by your mind, not directly go for what is written. I am saying this because before going ahead and start consuming all the above mentioned cognitive enhancers and supplements, consult your doctor first. Your doctor is the person who will recommend you the right dosage after analyzing your condition.
Cognitive enhancers over the counter:
You can easily avail various cognitive enhancer supplements and drugs from various online stores and also from over the counter. Some of the commonly used cognitive enhancers are as mentioned below:
- Piracetam– This cognitive enhancement supplement is the most popular available in the market. Discovered in the year 1960’s, piracetam is still very popular. This drug is one of the powerful cognitive enhancers, which genuinely improves brainpower. Basically, the main effect of piracetam is on the acetylcholine neurotransmitter and the cholinergic system. The receptors of acetylcholine involved closely with the formation of new memories and the process by which your brain makes new connections.
- Phenylpiracetam– This supplement is one of the most recently commercialized cognitive enhancers. Phenylpiracetam is a slightly modified version of Piracetam. It was discovered in the year 1980’s, but from the past year or two it has made available for people. This cognitive enhancer supplement is so popular among nootropic users because it is 60 times stronger than Piracetam and provides a greater range of benefits. Phenylpiracetam works by providing the unprecedented levels of focus and mental drive with great clarity of thought. Moreover, it is also used by athletes for improving their performance, specifically in the areas of stamina and reflex time.
- Noopept– This cognitive enhancer drug is a racetam-derived compound, which falls into the category of supplements known as dipeptides. It affects the direct mechanism of being transported to the brain. Noopept is very effective because it is considered 1,000 times more potent than the same amount of Piracetam. The influence of this cognitive enhancer exerts on the neurons similar to the Racetams but with greater levels of stimulation. Furthermore, if you have never taken Noopept, then you may get surprised by the stimulant-effect.Also Read: 8 Ways to Stay Fit
Share your views and thoughts on the article, in the comments section below. Also, share this article with your friends and family for their best health.
Get useful health tips and remedies regularly, on your Facebook feeds.
Latest posts by Steve Marc (see all)
- Stuff you must avoid after Wisdom Teeth Removal - June 14, 2017
- Artificially Sweetened Drinks Increase the Risk of Stroke & Dementia - June 5, 2017
- The Stages of Quitting Smoking - May 23, 2017
- Tricks to lengthen your eyelashes - May 18, 2017
- Here is how you can get rid of neck pain fast - May 15, 2017