Being physically fit is an absolute necessity in today’s fast paced life. A physically fit person is able to live his life to the fullest. Those who are physically and mentally fit are less prone to cardiac and other health problems. They are able to maintain an optimum weight. Mental fitness is achieved when the body functions well. You need to relax your mind and eliminate stress by regularly exercising and eating a healthy diet. One should never take food for granted because diet and fitness goes side by side. A healthy body can only be maintained when you follow a combination of regular exercise and follow nutritious food habits.
When gyms become too expensive, you need to work out at home, because it is important that you make physical activity a priority in your busy lifestyle. According to United States- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, adults should get at least 150 minutes of moderate aerobic exercise every week. The exercises include brisk walking, jogging, swimming, biking and two to three strength training sessions every week. So, when you’ve decided to work out, you must have a look at some budget friendly options below.
- Walking- To maintain adequate fitness levels, it is necessary to break power workoutb sessions with light cardio activities. Brisk walking for at least 30 minutes should be the agenda of every individual, be it a teenager or a middle aged man.
- Dancing- Another effective way to lose extra pounds is by dancing. Yes you heard it right, dancing is a fun way to lose weight plus there are many gyms and recreational centres and studios providing dance classes for youngsters as well as adults. These classes are conducted at intermediate levels and advanced levels. Nowadays, many dance forms like zumba, salsa, jazz and pole dancing lessons are offered to women which help in body toning and burning fat.
- Consider steps or stairs– Why do you often hear that one must use stairs instead of the lift? This is because climbing stairs is one of the best work outs you can choose. Climbing few flights of stairs many times a day makes you fit. Another plus point is that it is an absolutely free exercise. Running up stairs or taking them two at once may give glutes and thigh muscles a toning boost.
- Swimming- Undoubtedly swimming is the best exercise to burn up to 500 calories in an hour. Swimming is a good all round activity as it keeps heart rate up, builds endurance, muscle strength and cardiovascular fitness. It also helps in maintaining healthy weight, heart and lungs. So, one must make swimming as part of healthy workout plan which is the most relaxing form of exercise, alleviating our stress, improving coordination or posture and providing a pleasant way to cool down on a hot sunny day.
Related: 8 Common habits that make you consume more calories.
- Online work out- If you are highly distressed because you do not have any personal trainer to guide you in your work out plan, then you can check some online websites which teaches you several ways to stay fit. Step by step instructions for exercises for every body part like abs, hips, shoulders and arms will help you to tone your body and shape muscles in less time. You can simply use a pair of free weights or hold canned foods and gallons of water in your hands. Online work out is easy and you can start doing it any time, depending on your schedule.
- Skipping- Skipping is a good and fun filled rope exercise. This exercise does not need any gym or health studio, instead you can try it anytime and anywhere you feel like. A few minutes of rope skipping may provide several health benefits like heart and lung fitness, strong bones, balance and flexibility. Fifteen minutes of skipping training may help you burn up to 200 calories. Skipping is a type of exercise to start slowly, or you can try doing it for 20-30 seconds and then matching on the spot for about 30 seconds. Slowly as the fitness improves you can enhance the time you skip for and once after perfection of basic moves, you can make your work out more interesting by trying different jumps.
- Cycling- Cycling is one of the healthy and low impact exercises that can be enjoyed by every age group. Regular cycling gives our heart, blood vessels and lungs a great workout. Unlike other exercises, cycling does not require high level of physical strength. It increases our stamina, strength and aerobic fitness and is a good muscle workout. Cycling improves and boosts our fitness level.
Improve Core Stability
‘Core’ refers to the group of muscles that run the torso and stabilise the spine, pelvis and shoulders. These muscles are important for standing upright and mobiity, and are therefore vital for fitness training. If these msucles are stronger, then the results from cardio and resistance training will also be better. Yoga and Pilates are the best sports activities to build core strength. Body weight exercises are also effective in building a strong core and a couple of sit-ups, abdominal braces, plank exercises and lunges will greatly help in developing a lean and slim body.
It is a well known fact that diet plays a major role in our fitness and overall health. Many women start dieting and avoid their favourite meals. But, one should not be obsessed with dieting or remain diet fanatics. Diet and food addiction is sometimes bad, so physical exercise along with healthy diet (in form of vitamins, minerals and proteins) should be part of your daily routine. A meal high in nutrition is what is needed to remain fit and live a disease free life.
Latest posts by Steve Marc (see all)
- Choose the Right Health Supplements for Women - October 18, 2016
- How antibiotic works and its side effects - October 9, 2016
- Easy cause and cure for a migraine - October 4, 2016
- You Probably Think These Foods Are Healthy, But Nutritionists Disagree - September 29, 2016
- The Truth about Laser Treatment and Acne - September 24, 2016