Try cold sore remedies at home to clear up your stuffy nose and soothe your scratchy throat.
Cold known and considered as to be a normal viral infection of the upper respiratory tract that primarily affects the nose, the throat, sinuses, and your voice may also be affected. It is the most common disease which affects almost every single person in the world. It’s not very dangerous, but it’s irritating and it often block the nerves of our head.
The virus which leads to the cause of common cold is Rhinovirus. There is no medicine which can cure as it is caused by the virus, but there are various medicines which reduce the symptoms and don’t let virus to grow so after sometime common cold can disappear if you use proper medication. Flu is similar to cold, but the symptoms are severe.
Symptoms of cold and flu
The symptoms of cold and flu are same and they start before two-three days and can last for a week till the time the virus lifecycle get over. The symptoms are as follows-
- The most common symptoms, which generally appear are coughs, running nose, nasal congestion and a sore throat, this is accompanied by muscle ache, fatigue, headache, and loss of appetite.
- There is also a formation of sputum during cold and the color of the sputum may vary from clear to yellow to green.
- The chilling and sneezing are also the symptoms of cold and flu.
Cold and flu are infectious disorders and it can spread from one person to another person through different types of media. The methods of infections are as follows-
- The cold and flu virus is very easily spreads through air.
- The virus can be transferred through handshake with the affected person.
- Using the cloths of the affected person.
- Sharing of food with affected person also lead to infection.
There are no cure for the cold and flu, but there are various methods which can reduce the symptoms of this disease. You can try these cold remedies at home to get relief and get instant relief:
- Blow your nose regularly- Yes, it should be done regularly and in a proper way. You should hold one nostril and blow the other nose with force; this will clear your nose regularly.
- Take proper rest- Give your body proper rest so that it can have the strength to fight the disease.
- Gargle- it is one of the best methods to reduce the symptoms of cold and flu and help in preventing progression of the disease. The gargling moistens the sore throat and bring relief. The method of gargling is to take a teaspoon of salt and dissolves in warm water, do gargling four times a day. Gargling can be done with a mixture made with honey or a mixture of honey and apple cider vinegar; it’s a popular home remedy for cold.
- Drink Tea- Tea made with tulsi and ginger is very helpful in reducing the symptoms of cold flu. Take water and put a few leaves of tulsi and boil it till the half water is left and then add ginger and boil for some time and then drink this tea for two-three times a day.
- Take a steamy shower- the shower helps you in moisturizing your nasal passages and relax you. Take a shower regularly during cold and flu.
- Sleep with an extra pillow- This will help the drainage of nasal passages easily and it will reduce the symptoms.
- Don’t fly during cold- Don’t fly during cold as your respiratory tract has been already in stress and flying will aggravate this problem. Avoid flying with cold unless it’s very necessary.
- Keep yourself hydrated- Drink lots of water regularly as it will help the drainage of waste and viruses from the body and will reduce the symptoms of the cold and flu.
- Avoid going outside and meeting other people during cold and flu- this will prevent other people from getting affected.
Some cold, flu medicines which can help cure disease are as follows-
- Antibiotics are prescribed by doctors for reducing the symptoms.
- There are medicines like cold and flu, D-cold, etc which reduce the pain and fatigue.
- Zinc is also used to reduce nasal irritation and treat symptoms of the cold and flu.
Prevention is best to cure any disease. Some of the preventive measures are as follows:
- Do not drink cold and hot drink simultaneously and this will prevent you from cold and flu.
- Avoid people who are infected with cold and flu.
- Do not share the cloth and other materials of the infected person.
- Drink lots of water.
- During winter wear proper warm clothes.
- During cold weather leave your house with your mouth covered.