There are numerous options to treat asthma, and researchers keep studying other new ways to treat this respiratory tract condition. If you are dealing with asthma, you can learn about newer treatment strategies, and those are under work in progress. If you are an asthma patient, you can buy asthma treatment online in US at affordable rates.
Future Asthma Treatment
In 2022 and beyond, the care of asthma patients will likely be transformed by novel monoclonal antibodies targeting cytokines, new asthma guidelines, precision medicine and real-world evidence on the effectiveness of newer asthma medicines.
In 2021, research on monoclonal antibodies was the topic of discussion. Especially notable studies on the monoclonal antibodies Tezepelumab and astegolimab show impressive effectiveness in reducing the worsening of asthma. Also, in 2021, tezspire, a Tezepelumab-based pharmacologic agent, received approval from the food and drug administration. These two drugs will be helpful as additional treatment options for patients with severe asthma. Also, we have several biologics already approved for severe asthma, all monoclonal antibodies directed at asthma. But the pharmaceutical agents we have currently available on the market only treat certain subsets of people with severe asthma, either those with high eosinophil levels or those with an allergic phenotype to their asthma. So, according to health care experts, the asthma therapies that have been available thus far don’t really work that well for significant people with asthma. As per experts, the FDA’s recent approval of Tezspire should change asthma care in the year ahead. The pharmaceutical agent is a monoclonal antibody used as an add-on maintenance treatment for patients twelve years of age and older with severe asthma. It is given in the form of an injection to patients by a health care specialist once every four weeks. It can be an effective treatment, especially for those who have not responded to the agents that we have had on the market for the last couple of years.
Despite the availability of effective inhaled therapies, many asthmatics have poor asthma control. Uncontrolled asthma presents a significant burden on the patient and society and, for many, remains largely preventable. There are many reasons why a patient may remain uncontrolled despite access to treatments, including incorrect inhaler technique, poor adherence to treatment, ignoring triggers and suboptimal medical care. Novel treatments such as biologics could benefit patients’ lives.
There are a few new types of treatment that you can use for certain types of asthma. If you have been prescribed an inhaler and still have problems with your asthma, biologic therapy targets different parts of your body and helps you breathe better. Your healthcare specialist will get you with whichever type of biologic therapy is appropriate for you. You can buy asthma inhalers the online US from India’s best online pharmacies.
Biologic therapies for asthma
- Dupilumab – You can use this medicine for hard to control eosinophilic asthma when inflammation in your respiratory system is caused by cells called eosinophils, also called white blood cells or WBCs. Eosinophils help you fight disease. You will receive a shot once every other week. Your health care provider will do the first three shots to show you how to do it safely, and then you will continue to receive the shots yourself at home. You may have a sore throat, temporary pain or redness, or a higher level of eosinophils.
- Benralizumab – This drug is also for hard-to-treat eosinophil asthma. Your health care specialist will inject you once every four weeks for the first three times and then once every eight weeks. Afterwards, you may have a sore throat or a headache.
- Omalizumab – This drug is especially effective if you have bad asthma and year-round allergies. It will help you against pet dander, dust, or other common allergens. Your health care specialist will administer it in one or two injections every two to four weeks, based on how much you need. Patients treated with this medicine may get a few side effects like fatigue, joint and muscle aches, and a slight skin reaction.
- Mepolizumab – This drug is also for eosinophilic asthma, which causes inflammation in your lungs from certain WBCs. Mepolizumab lowers the amount of those WBCs in your body. You may receive this drug in injection form every four weeks. Side effects of this medicine include skin reaction, fatigue, neck pain, headaches, and weakness.
- Reslizumab – It is used to treat eosinophilic asthma. Your doctor will give you this medicine through IV., which takes about 20 to 50 minutes. You may be advised to receive this drug once every four weeks. Common side effects associated with the use of this drug include muscle aches and sore throat.
After your health care specialist gives you any biologics, they may ask you to wait in the clinic to make sure you don’t experience an adverse reaction to the drug. It is rare, but sometimes, a more severe allergic reaction can occur after you get these therapies. Buy asthma medication online to get the best discounts and doorstep delivery options.