When it comes to skin care, you will find that a lot of people are very particular about making use of natural skin care products. They believe that synthetic products are harmful to the skin. So, is natural skin care products the answer to all your skin problems? What if a natural skin care product is not available for the cure of a particular skin disorder?
Different individuals have varied answers to these questions. However, the reality is that, due to the presence of artificial preservatives, it’s really tough to find a natural skin care product that is 100 % natural. There are natural skin care products that have natural preservatives, but their cost might be a deterrent to the common consumer. Moreover, such skin health products have a shorter shelf life and hence, are not preferred by companies.
Some people carry the wrong notion that since natural skin care products are natural, they cannot cause any harm to the skin. The suitability of a skin care product is not based on whether it is synthetic or natural. An unsuitable natural skin care product can harm you in more or less in the same way as a synthetic one. So, use natural skin care products, but be open to synthetic ones too. You might need them when a natural solution is not available at all.
Your selection of a natural skin care product should be based on three factors:
– The skin type of the individual who will use the product
– The environmental conditions in which it will be used (e.g., a hot and humid environment would warrant the use of oil-free natural skin care products)
– The manner of application/use of the product. A great natural skin care product can seem useless if not used in the right way.
You can also create natural skin care products by yourself at home, use the recipes that are readily available online and in the books at book stores. You don’t need fancy, costly products for a smoother appearance, instead try to use these natural facial cleansers and skin toners for a radiant look:
Pineapple: Rub a slice of pineapple on your face twice a week. It will leave your skin fresh and fair looking.
Banana: A natural moisturizer which provides a glow to your skin as well as reduces the signs of aging.
Honey: A natural hydrant that removes dust from your face, while providing a glow to your skin.
Lemon juice: A natural skin toner helps in lightening the skin complexion and make it oil free.
Whenever you choose to purchase a new skin health product which you use on your skin is a natural one or not, you should consider the following:
– Always look at the ingredient list and see if there are any ingredients present, to which you might be allergic.
– Before you start using a skin health product apply onto a small area of your skin first to see if you have any undesirable reaction. You may be allergic to something in the products, which you are not aware of and this may or may not be a natural substance.
– Know what the product does and what it is indicated for before you purchase it.
– Choose products to suit your skin type and your skin’s needs.
The use of organic fruits and vegetables is also a popular natural skin care regimen. Some essential oils and herbal oils are also beneficial and act as a skin moisturizer with antiseptic properties.
However, using a natural skin care product doesn’t mean that you can exercise carelessness with other aspects of your skin care. Natural skin care products should be used together with the following ‘essential’ recommendations such as healthy eating habits, regular exercise, drinking lots of water, and maintaining overall cleanliness. This will then form a flawless and completely natural skin care routine that will help you maintain a healthy and glowing skin for a long time.