Being blessed with a healthy baby is the most valued part of our lives. No one can imagine a life without a child. This blessing is not relished by everyone, there are some unlucky people who confront the problem of infertility. Being childless is something really hard to endure as their presence truly fulfills your life. Infertility is a hard situation which can make your life full of stress, anxiety, depression and negative thoughts. Around 6.3 million US people are facing this undesired condition. Infertility is a failure of conception after trying for more than a year. Primarily, problems in women were considered for the exclusive reason of infertility. This fact has been denied by countless studies that male factors can also be the reason of infertility. The statistical studies have deduced that both the genders are equally responsible for the failure of conception. A problem in any of them can result in infertility.
Pregnancy is complicated process that results when male releases healthy sperm that fertilizes the egg by the method of fusion. Then embryo gets implanted in the women’s uterus with sufficient quality and heathy environment should be maintained . Any type of hurdle in this process can result in infertility. The common reasons of women infertility are as written below:
- Ovulation problems such as polycystic ovary syndrome, tumours and hyperlactenemia
- Structural problems in reproductive system like low cervical mucus or with the cervix opening and uterine fibroids
- Medical problems such as thyroid problem,cushing syndrome and cancer like serioud diseases
On the other, the causes of male infertility are no or less sperm production. Inherited diseases such as cystic fibrosis or chromosomal abnormality are too responsible for the infertility. At times, malformed sperm or poor quality of semen is a big reason to the failure of conception. Aside from these, the lifestyle habits too plays a heavy role.
How lifestyle factors affects fertility?
The way you live life has a significant impact on your health. There are many things which we do without realizing long term detrimental effects. Today’s lifestyle is completely different what our ancestors used to have. We are closer to the nature and live in a plastic world. In a busy lives, we don’t bother to maintain our body functions. The best gift given by today’s lifestyle is obesity, cardiac and metabolic problems. Researchers have well deduced that lifestyle habits affects your potency and can cause infertility. Stress is a big factor that has detrimental effects on both the genders. Stress can induce hormonal changes which can cause infertility. In men, stress can induce sexual dysfunction such as erectile dysfunction and affects the interperosnal relationships. Apart from that,the common habits which can cause infertility are as written below:
- Fast food – The consumption of the junk food which has a little nutrition and high fat contents can be considered as big culprits affecting our overall health. These unhealthy foods are hard to be digested as high amount of blood and enzymes are required for the digestion. They have no nutritive value and add flab to your body. It is imperative to take a healthy food as your choice. Junk food contains no essential minerals which ultimately weakens our body. Take vitamins, minerals, zinc, vitamins and essential minerals that are recognized to regulate reproductive hormones like progesterone, insulin and testosterone. To boost your potency, stop consuming junk food and relish healthy fresh fruits and vegetables. Start your day with a heavy healthy breakfast as many research studies have shown to increase metabolism, weight loss and insulin sensitivity. It also elevates the fertility.
- Smoking – Tobacco smoke has a serious complications on the reproductive system of both men and women. Tobacco smoke can cause trouble in conception. In males, it can reduce sperm quality and can cause erectile dysfunction. In women , tobacco can speed up the degradation process, increases the chances of miscarriage and can instigate premature menopause. For the conception, there is a high need to cut down your cigarettes and try to give up smoking in early age in order to have rich fertile future.
- Use of smart phones or tablets – According to a study published in the journal Fertility and sterility the use of smart phones and tablets can harm the fetus growth and evolution in pregnant women. Late night exposure to the artificial light, can decrease the melatonin production. The reduced melatonin generation can affect the fetus development. The use of laptopare well recognized to cause male infertility by heating up the testicles which eventually causes sperm abnormalities.
- Weight issues- weight gain is one of the major contribuiting factors of infertility. The increment in weight can interfere in your periods or ovulation. The American society for reproductive has deduced that around 12% of infertility cases are associated with weight. Maintaining a healthy weight is important as being under weight too can cause lack of ovulation. It is recommened to stay physically active to burn the calories and maintain your apt weight range. Encourage your baby potential by having apt weight range in order topreserve fertility.
- Medications – Some medicines have a side effects that disrupts our ability to conceive by generating more than required prolactin levels, that hinders the ovulation process. Antidepressants and mood stabilisers are the few examples which can cause infertility.
Also Read: Role of Estrogen Hormones in a Woman’s Body
What are the available treatments for infertility?
The treatment of infertility is real wide as along with medications, proper counselling is needed to capture the implications in the management of infertility. There is no specific time when your treatment starts giving results. It actually depends upon the reason of infertility. Several medicines are prescribed for treating the reason of infertility. Some surgical assistance are also opted by many childless couples if they fail to conceive with the medications. Following are the surgical options:
- Assisted Reproductive Technologies (ART) like Intra-uterine Insemination (IUI)
- Gamete Intra-Fallopian Transfer (GIFT)
- In Vitro Fertilization & Embryo Transfer (IVF & ET)
- Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (IC SI)
Well, getting treated for infertility is very tough as it induces undesirable changes such as sleeplessness, abdominal discomfort, mood swings and hormonal fluctuations. Active life, intake of nutritous diet and bonding with your partner will facilitate you to fight and cope up with the infertility.
The pain of infertility can be well observed in childless couples. Many studies have evaluated the impact of lifestyle habits. Eating a nourishing diet, living an active life and abstaining smoke are few matters which can keep infertility at bay. We are dwelling in a closed environment, long hours of sitting jobs, stress and heaps of work pressure has a long lasting impacts on our health. Right away or indirectly unhealthy lifestyle are making our lives hell. We cannot change the culture but yes we give our lifestyle a positive twist. Fetching atleast half an hour to interact with the nature via mediation, yoga and involving in exercises gives oxygen to our tissues. Involving in outdoor activities always boosts our health and aids us to stay positive whatever the situation comes. Infertility more or less is linked with our wrong way of living . Safeguard your future by merely holding a healthy present as healthy parents will bear healthy baby.
Share your views and thoughts in the comments section below. Also, share this article with your family and friends for their best health.
Latest posts by Steve Marc (see all)
- Symptoms that say you have diabetes - November 24, 2016
- Cause, prevention & treatment of high blood pressure - November 16, 2016
- Food for Building Strong Bones - November 7, 2016
- The most effective way to quit smoking - October 24, 2016
- Choose the Right Health Supplements for Women - October 18, 2016