With the medical advancements, it is now becoming easier by the day to tackle infertility in women. In this article, we cover in brief the causes of infertility in women, the appropriate treatment for infertility in women, and the role of HCG vaccines in treating infertility in women.
What causes infertility in women?
There are four major and gross causes for infertility in women:
- Hormonal causes: Hormonal imbalance involving dysfunctional glands causes infertility in women.
- Physical problems with the ovaries: Physically damaged ovaries are a major reason for infertility in women.
- Premature Menopause: This area is yet unexplained as to why there is premature onset of menopause.
- Lifestyle-related causes: With late marriages and the family being planned even later, women are planning babies after the age of 35 years. Fertility declines significantly after the age of 35 years.
Role of HCG in Treatment for infertility in women
HCG is given as an injection under the skin or into a muscle. If you use HCG at home, your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist will give you specific instructions on how and where to inject this medicine. Do not self-inject HCG if you do not fully understand how to give the injection and properly dispose of used needles and syringes. Using HCG can increase your chances of having a multiple pregnancy (twins, triplets, quadruplets, etc).Human chorionic gonadotropin (HCG) is a hormone that supports the normal development of an egg in a woman’s ovary, and stimulates the release of the egg during ovulation. HCG is used to cause ovulation and to treat infertility in women, and to increase sperm count in men.
Although HCG can help you become pregnant, this medication is in the FDA pregnancy category X. This means that using the medication once you are pregnant can cause birth defects in the baby. Do not use HCG if you are pregnant. Tell your doctor right away if you become pregnant during treatment.
Precautions before using HCG vaccines:
You should not use this medication if you have ever had an allergic reaction to HCG, or if you have:
• early puberty (also called precocious puberty)
• a hormone-related cancer (such as prostate cancer)
• a thyroid or adrenal gland disorder
• an ovarian cyst
• premature puberty
• cancer or a tumor of the breast, ovary, uterus, prostate, hypothalamus, or pituitary gland. Read about 5 effective tips to curb breast cancer..
• undiagnosed uterine bleeding
• heart disease
• kidney disease
• migraines. Click here to read more about migraine symptoms and treatment.
Side effects of HCG vaccines
Headache, restlessness, tiredness, or pain at injection site may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, tell your doctor or pharmacist promptly.
Remember that your doctor has prescribed this medication because he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
For women, when this medication is used with menotropins to treat infertility, also tell your doctor immediately if this unlikely but serious side effect occurs: abdominal pain/pressure/swelling.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash,itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing, shortness of breath, chest pain, slurred speech, weakness on one side of the body, confusion.
Call your doctor at once if you have any of these signs of a blood clot: pain, warmth, redness, numbness, or tingling in your arm or leg; confusion, extreme dizziness, or severe headache. This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor or pharmacist.
HCG has known to be very effective for treating infertility in women. Make sure you deal with reliable pharmacist in order to obtain HCG.
Read more: All you wanted to know about HCG
Get useful health tips and remedies regularly, on your Facebook feed.
Latest posts by Steve Marc (see all)
- Symptoms that say you have diabetes - November 24, 2016
- Cause, prevention & treatment of high blood pressure - November 16, 2016
- Food for Building Strong Bones - November 7, 2016
- The most effective way to quit smoking - October 24, 2016
- Choose the Right Health Supplements for Women - October 18, 2016