Hair, these are one of the most attractive facets of your appearance. But, hair loss in a woman poses a challenge that makes it difficult for her to retain the facial beauty intact.
Research shows that 40% women are affected by some sort of hair loss problem. In the earlier times, hair loss and hair thinning were considered as a non-issue which required no hair loss treatment. But now, it’s contemplated to be a serious problem, especially if it is a matter of hair loss in women, which could affect their lives and self-esteem and make them feel embarrassed in public.
Causes of hair loss and hair thinning:
There are some obvious and some hidden factors responsible for causing hair loss, hair thinning and different hair patterns in women. Generally, these factors include:
• Stress – It happens because of severe illness, physical trauma, surgery, accident, malnutrition, childbirth, etc.
• Too much vitamin A – Intake of Vitamin A in excess amount can trigger hair loss.
• Lack of protein – Lack of protein rich diet can cause hair loss in women.
• Hormones – In women hormonal disorder raised due to menopause or by oral contraceptives can cause hair thinning and fall.
• Heredity – Hair loss is also inherited from any of the family members who have experienced it.
• Anemia – Iron deficiency can cause hair loss.
• Hypothyroidism – An underactive thyroid gland can contribute to hair thinning so that it falls early.
• Lack of vitamin B – Deficiency of vitamin B can raise an issue of hair loss.
• Autoimmune disorder – It is a result of an overactive immune system, also known as alopecia areata.
• Lupus – In this type of disease hair will not grow again, it occurs due to inflammation of the skin.
• Sudden weight loss – Weight loss due to hormonal disorder, age, and/or disease can result in hair thinning in women.
• Chemotherapy – It is a therapy given to the cancer patients for destroying rapidly dividing cells, it’s also responsible for the hair loss.
• Androgen index – An abnormal androgen level in the body can increase the risks of weight gain, ovarian cysts, diabetes, infertility and hair thinning in men and women.
• Antidepressants, blood thinners, and more – the use of Blood thinners and blood pressure drugs can lead to hair loss to some extent.
• Hair oil and styling – Experiment too many chemical oils, shampoos and soaps can leave some side effects on skin and weaken hair follicles.
• Trichotillomania – It is an impulse control disorder. A compulsive hair pulling habit that can cause hair loss. This type of disorder is found in women four times as in men.
• Aging – Hair thinning is more in the age of 50’s and 60’s. After a certain age, hair follicles become weak and then hail fall starts.
Instead of curable factors like proper diet, cool behavior, etc. some women need proper medical assistance to treat hair loss in a better way. Some of the prescribed hair loss treatments for women include:
• Topical minoxidil
Minoxidil is popularly used to stimulate hair growth and to slow hair falling. This product can help to grow hair 20-25% in women. For positive results, you have to use it for a long time.
There may be side-effects of minoxidil, such as unwanted hair growth on the face or hands and irritation on the scalp.
• Hair transplant surgery
This surgery is used to transplant healthy hair follicles taken from the scalp where hair is thick to the area where hair is thin. There is no doubt that this surgery is effective, but it is a bit expensive too.
• Aldactone (Spironolactone)
It reduces fluid level in the body without reducing the level of minerals. This treatment is considered in the cases of high blood pressure, edema, hormonal disorder and potassium deficiency.
Continued use of this drug can effectively prevent hair loss. Cyproterone also triggers hair re-growth.
• Low-level laser therapy
This therapy is applied to the scalp to get rid of hair loss problem. This therapy can strengthen scalp to hair loss decreases.
All these drugs and medical treatments help women to reduce hair loss and hair thinning problems, and they make it easy to grow hair again from where it is lost. Plus, not to mention the importance of natural or home methods in hair care, don’t deter from these methods.
The problems of hair loss and hair thinning can be treated to a great extent by several medical and natural methods, but remember there are no quick fix solutions. It’s quite possible that you don’t get the look and feel of previous hair, but it doesn’t mean you leave to strive. Hair loss in a woman and man as well can have some emotional consequences, so it’s recommended to treat hair well in order to retain its beauty for long.