The benefits of exercise and physical activities are difficult to ignore. Weight loss exercises can help you lose pounds and prevent various health issues such as diabetes, heart-related diseases, and osteoporosis.
Finding fitness is not just about checking out the latest trends, it’s about finding new exciting ways to focus on your shape. Just like brushing your teeth, good sleep, clean eating, or your other daily work, consistency in exercise is also very essential to achieve a better health. To find time for fitness, you need to be flexible and make fitness a way of your life. And remember, all physical activities, not just one exercise program add up to your healthy lifestyle.
Benefits of exercise
1. Controls weight– By adding some weight loss exercises in your daily routine, you can easily lose your extra pounds. Exercise not only helps prevent excess weight but also helps to maintain weight loss. If you can’t manage an actual workout, get more active throughout the day in simple ways, like by using the stairs instead of using lifts and escalators or reviving up your household tasks.
2. Combats health conditions– If you are worried about your heart or hoping to prevent high blood pressure, 30 minutes of pranayama session may keep your blood flowing smoothly, which reduces the risk of developing a heart disease. In fact, regular workouts or yoga practices can help you manage or prevent a broad range of health conditions, including depression, diabetes mellitus, heart strokes, arthritis, metabolic syndrome, certain types of cancer, and many more.
3. Boosts energy- Regular exercise delivers oxygen and essential nutrients to your body tissues and help your heart work more efficiently. And, once your cardiovascular system works in a systematic way, you feel more energetic, and you have more energy to do your daily household tasks.
4. Improves mood- If you need an emotional lift or want to blow off some steam after a stressful day, 30 minutes brisk walk or a workout at the gym can help. These types of physical activities increase the production of certain brain chemicals that may leave you relaxed and feel good. You may also feel better about your physical appearance when you exercise daily, which can uplift your confidence and self-respect.
Ways to fit in exercise
1. Wake up early– Try to wake up 30 minutes earlier than you normally do. Setting an alarm and not hitting the snooze button so many times can give plenty of time to take a brisk walk around, to walk on your treadmill, or even get you to the gym for a quick session.
2. Workout with daily chores– You may also think of ways to make daily chores easier, but if you make them harder and challenging, you can get more exercise. Mop the floor, scrub the bathtub, bring the groceries without using any vehicle or public transport and do other household tasks at a pace fast enough to get your heart pumping. These daily chores can add up health and fitness into your life.
3. Be active while watching television- Always get off the couch to adjust the volume or to change the channel. Use hand weights or follow a stretching routine while watching your favorite shows.
4. Involve other family members or friends– Make a routine to take group walks before or after dinner. Play catch or ride your bikes with your relatives and friends. It is the best way to engage you for about 30 minutes of continuous activity.
5. Get your pets into the act- Take daily walks with your loving pet. If you do not have a pet, borrow one. Especially, an enthusiastic dog may give you the motivation you require to lace up your walking shoes.
6. Do what you like- Enjoy exercising. Whatever workout regime you choose, be sure it’s one that you enjoy. You are more likely to attach to it if it is something you have fun doing rather than something you see as a task.
If you are unable to take out 30 minutes from your busy schedule, get more exercise by being less efficient with your daily household duties. A little extra walking distance may add up to your better health. Finding time for health and fitness can be difficult, but these tips will surely make it convenient.