There are many tips and tricks that you can incorporate in your daily routine to get better sleep. Practicing good sleep hygiene is one of the essential habits that can be implemented in the routine to promote good night sleep. One of the most underrated sleep hygiene practices making the right dietary choices which are often ignored by most of us. Eating the right food gives us the energy to go on throughout the days, to complete tasks, improve cognitive function, strengthen our immune system, repair bones, heal wounds, everything that we need to live a healthy life. But healthy eating for enhancing the quality of sleep is a rare thing. Let’s have a look at some amazing benefits that food can have in helping you to get a good sound sleep. Check out the diet for healthy sleep below:
- Almonds- Almonds contains magnesium, which is instrumental in sleep and often referred to as the sleep mineral. The powerful mineral act as a natural relaxant that helps deactivate adrenaline. Lacking magnesium means difficulty in staying asleep.
- Turkey- Turkey is high in nutrients content. Rich in protein, Turkey, provides 4 grams per ounce of protein. The macronutrient protein is essential for keep muscles strong and regulating the appetite. Turkey is a good source of riboflavin, phosphorus, and selenium. It is a great food to eat before bad die to its ability to promote sleep.
- Warm milk- Another remedy for sleeplessness. Milk contains natural sleep enhancers- calcium, tryptophan, melatonin, and vitamin D. A cup of warm milk at bedtime may be a good option, especially when you are looking to get some quality sleep. Having a warm cup of milk before bed can be a relaxing ritual. Consider low-fat milk because it is nutritious and low in calories.
- Walnuts- Rich in compounds such as serotonin, magnesium, and melatonin, walnuts that promotes sleep, walnuts also contain other essential nutrients required to fall asleep. A handful of walnuts before bed can do the trick for you.
- Chamomile tea-Chamomile is an herbal tea that offers a variety of health benefits. It has antioxidants that reduce inflammation what often results in chronic diseases such as heart disorder or cancer.
- White rice- A widely consumed staple food rice is a grain that is filled with nutrients and antioxidants. White rice contains a few vitamins and mineral. A bowl of 100gm of rice provides 14% of daily needs of folate, 24% for manganese and 11% for thiamine.
- Kiwi- kiwi is a nutritious fruit and contain very low calories. Medium kiwi fruit contains only 50 calories and has a significant amount of vitamins C and vitamin K. It also contains potassium and folate along with other trace minerals that are considered. Kiwi is one of the effective natural sleep enhancers.
- Fatty fish- Fatty fish such as salmon mackerel, and tuna are incredibly healthy. Fatty fish are high in omega 3 fatty acids that are known to reduce inflammation. The type of fatty acid has the potential to enhance sleep quality.