Change of weather is a huge problem for most Americans, starting from spring to frost. When spring comes people get excited, to wear easy summer clothes, they like doing yoga in the park, jogging, sipping iced tea or cold coffee, etc. but there is one thing that can spoil all the excitement is Allergy. The warning signs of an allergy could be a head cold, slight fever, cough, etc. and as time passes it becomes miserable for some people. However, there are ways to prevent allergy which includes medications and certain lifestyle changes.
Allergy gives you sneezing, watery eyes, running nose, itching, etc. Nearly 35% of adults and 45% of children have seasonal allergies. People use a nasal spray, eye drops, antihistamines, and decongestants to reduce allergic symptoms. There are other medications as well that can help to eliminate the allergy. Nevertheless, medicines for allergy can give instant relief to your immune system, but there are some lifestyle habits as well that are extremely beneficial.
Prevention from Allergy
- Close windows and doors completely- Maybe it’s a beautiful day, but if the pollen count is high, it’s important to stay in. Install an air purifier, or switch on the air conditioner to get rid of that dust and dirt.
- Washing face / taking a bath- Washing hand and face is a very good habit, but if you are prone to allergy, then it is necessary for you to wash your hands and face every time you come from outside. The reason maybe we are carrying some bacteria or any germs. Take a shower, change clothes and keep your shoes outside at the door.
- Clothes- There are times when we get allergic to clothes, the reason may tight fit clothes, and fabric, etc. It is advisable to wear more of linen or cotton in the summer.
- Use saline spray- Saline spray help to get relieve you from allergy. There are many nasal sprays like Flonase and Nasonex that provide relieve and reduce swelling in the nose, and an antihistamine nasal spray may also help.
- Wash nose carefully- One of the most effective remedies for allergy is washing nose. Always use sterile water when you’re cleaning the nose.
Also Read: Keep your Eyes Allergy-Free with these Simple Steps
- Wear a mask- Wearing a mask can prevent you from allergy, especially if you are working in yard or vacuum. An N95 respirator mask is may available in any medical supply store near you.
Sooner or later, you will develop the tolerance, and your allergic reaction will not be severe. But you can prevent allergy by taking precautions and preventive measures. In severe cases, medicines for allergy can help reduce the severity and improve the condition. Consult your dermatologist to get more info on a medication that will suit you best according to the type of allergy you experience.