As per health care experts, walking exercise leads to impressive mental and physical benefits. A simple walk daily can be the key to losing weight, lowering blood pressure cholesterol, and enhancing your memory, as well as reducing your risk of a heart attack.
You drag yourself from the desk to the gym, where you play your favourite music and jack the treadmill up to 6mph. But what a waste of time if you are just going out for a walk? Brisk walking can be as good as a gym workout to some extent. Walking helps keep your metabolism high, keep your body active and help you shed those extra pounds.
Walk for overall Health and Fitness
The next time you visit your doctor, don’t be surprised when your doctor advises you to walk. Walking is the easiest physical activity you can add to your daily routine. Unlike many sports such as running, walking is a less intense workout and is a low impact on your body. The easiest form requires minimal equipment and can be done at any time of day on your own. Walking is simple to opt for, but regular brisk walking of half an hour helps increase lung capacity. Regular walking also strengthens the lungs. With increased lung capacity, you can breathe easier, and your lungs will stay healthier for a longer duration. By walking, you can improve your overall health.
Just thirty minutes every day walking benefits includes
- Reduced body fat,
- Improved cardiovascular health,
- Stronger bones
- Boost muscle power and endurance.
Walking improves self-esteem, sleep quality, and mood by reducing anxiety, stress, and fatigue. Numerous studies have found that walking is an effective medicinal treatment for depression. It can help relieve everyday stress, ease tension, and elevate endorphin levels in your brain, enhancing mood.
Why would someone not want to start walking with all such health benefits? Put on your shoes, step out and rediscover the joys of walking.
Other Health Benefits Associated with Walk
Walking requires minimum investment, minimum preparation and can be done anywhere, at any time. Walking is often considered man’s best medicine, but humans tend not to value things we don’t have to pay for. Most of us ignore the true value of walking and are thus deprived of its benefits. So here is a list of health benefits of walking that you should pay attention to:
- Better Mental Health- As we are in the middle of a global pandemic, depression and anxiety constantly rise in adults and children. A brisk walk of 30 minutes can do wonders for you and your family’s mental health. Any workout, including walking, releases endorphins to enhance mood, reduce stress, and provide emotional and mental satisfaction.
- Boost Creativity: Running out of ideas at your workplace or your home? Go for a walk. Yes, better walk! Stress won’t help you. You just need to keep your work aside for a while, get ready and reach to your shoes. Power walks help stimulate creative thinking.
- Keeps you in Shape: To keep you in shape and lose weight, make variations in walking speed. From simple walking to brisk walking, it’s an aerobic exercise with tremendous effects. All you need not do is be fast enough to raise your heart rate, make yourself sweat and be a little breathless.
- Help Ward Off Disease: You might not know walking can also reduce the risk of coronary artery disease. That’s not it; it even lowers the age-related mortality rate. Are you suffering from high blood pressure? Just begin your day with walking and feel the effects.
- Improves Digestion: Taking a stroll after a meal is good for digestion. When you walk after a meal, your gastric juices get activated, which assists in digestion, making your stomach feel light and delivering a good quality sleep.
Go out for a walk, get an all-important boost of happy hormones. Walking for 30 minutes is a great way to improve overall health and fitness. Achieve a healthy body, creative mind, and happiness with one of the most underrated exercise trends– walking.