Antibiotics are a class of medications that treats bacterial infections. They help to treat infections caused by bacteria. Some common infections treated with antibiotics include pneumonia, bronchitis, and urinary tract infections. These drugs either kill microorganisms or stop them from reproducing, allowing the body’s immune system to eliminate them. Antibiotics are only effective in treating bacterial infections. Remember, they do not work against viral infections such as common cold, flu, runny nose, common cold, most coughs and bronchitis.Onecan easily buy antibiotics medication online to get them delivered to their doorstep.
Antibiotics are divided into different groups or categories. These classes of medications have side effects and typically affect men and women the same way. However, certain side effects are more common from some antibiotics than from others. Most of them associated with the use of antibiotics is not severe or life-threatening. However, some people may experience severe side effects such as anaphylaxis. People should always discuss with a doctor if they experience bothersome symptoms. It is best to buy antibiotics online only when you get a prescription from a doctor. Read to learn about common side effects, how to manage them, and which antibiotics are more likely to cause them.
Common Side Effects of Antibiotic Medications
People follow antibiotic treatment to get rid of certain bacterial infections. However, antibiotics may cause unwanted effects in some people. Here are some commonly reported adverse effects of antibiotics:
- Stomach upset: Problems with digestion are commonly associated with the use of antibiotics. Symptoms of stomach upset include vomiting, diarrhoea, bloating, nausea, indigestion, loss of appetite, feeling of fullness, stomach cramping or pain. Most of these stomach problems resolve once you discontinue an antibiotic treatment. If you experience severe symptoms that persist for a longer duration, you should consider treatment discontinuation and speak to a doctor. Severe symptoms include fever, intense stomach cramping or pain, severe diarrhoea or mucus in stool, uncontrollable vomiting. To reduce these digestive system problems, make sure you carefully follow the instructions carefully given by your doctor. Your doctor will advise you whether you need to take your antibiotic with food or not. Taking the antibiotic medication with food help reduce stomach side effects, especially when you take amoxicillin and doxycycline.
- Fungal infections: Antibiotics are developed to destroy bacteria. However, these prescription drugs sometimes kill the good bacteria that protect you against fungal infections. This ultimately leads to fungal infections of the mouth, throat, and vagina in some people. People receiving antibiotic treatment who think they may have a fungal infection should consult their doctor as soon as possible. In most cases, doctors prescribe antifungal drugs to treat fungal infections. People suffering from fungal infections often experience fever and chills, vaginal itchiness, pain or burning sensation during intercourse, abnormal vaginal discharge, white patches on the throat, a cottony feeling in the mouth, loss of taste, or a thick white coating in the mouth.
- Photosensitivity: Some antibiotics can make you more sensitive to sunlight. While taking antibiotics responsible for causing photosensitivity, you should follow certain measures to protect your skin from being more sensitive. Check out the points given below:
- Avoid prolonged staying in the sun
- Be sure to wear a sunscreen of high SPF whenever you step out in the sun
- Wear protective clothing such as full sleeves shirts, long pants, and hats.
Those who experience extreme sensitivity to sun rays while following an antibiotic treatment should speak to their doctor.
Drug interactions: Certain drugs can interact with your antibiotic and make it ineffective or cause unwanted effects. These include:
-Birth control medications
-non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
-rheumatoid arthritis medications
-multivitamins and some supplements
-retinoids and vitamin A supplements
-Parkinson’s disease medications
When you visit your doctor to get a prescription for an antibiotic, you should always tell your doctor about all the prescription drugs you are taking to help avoid drug interaction.
Bone and teeth staining teeth and bone staining commonly affects people who take tetracycline. Such people develop stains on their teeth enamel. The side effect is irreversible in adults as their teeth do not change or regrow. Sometimes bones can also get stained. As bones are continuously remodelling themselves, bone stains caused by antibiotics are temporary and disappear after a few days of stopping the antibiotic treatment. Consult your doctor if tooth staining is concerning; he may advise you to switch medications.
Rare and severe complications of Antibiotics
Anaphylaxis: Rarely, antibiotics cause extremely severe allergic reactions known as anaphylaxis. Signs of an anaphylaxis reaction include low blood pressure, hives, a rapid heartbeat, tingling sensations, dizziness, swelling under the skin, severe wheezing, agitation, uneasiness, severe wheezing, trouble breathing, seizures, fainting etc. This allergic reaction usually develops within fifteen minutes of taking an antibiotic drug but remains for an hour or more after receiving a dose. Such a reaction can be life-threatening and require immediate medical attention. If you suspect this kind of allergic reaction from your antibacterial drug, you should immediately call a doctor.
Antibiotic-resistant bacteria: In some cases, bacteria have developed resistance to these prescription medicines. Antibacterial resistant infection can be severe and cause life-threatening complications. To reduce the risk of such infections, take medicine exactly as directed by your doctor. Only use an antibiotic when necessary for bacterial infections.
People are often allergic to a specific type of antibiotic. A doctor usually prescribes a different type of antibiotic if someone is allergic to one kind. Consult your doctor before you buy antibiotic drugs online to avoid the side effects likely caused by antibiotic drugs.