Today’s world is full of pollutants, adulterated food items, and toxic junk food. All these foods are devouring your body with the essential nutrients. You may follow a healthy diet plan and have to take a balanced diet, but due to the adulteration you don’t get what your body needs. To fulfil the body requirements, you need supplements. Multivitamin tablets are needed by everyone to achieve a healthy and fit body.
Multivitamins are the dietary supplements that fulfil your daily requirement of vitamins. These are prepared with vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients. As today, the adulterated food is not able to provide an adequate dose of vitamins and minerals. Your body needs different types of essential vitamins for the proper functioning of the body organs. But most of the time your body does not receive these vital substances, due to which you experience fatigue, weakness, and other health problems. Here, is the role of multivitamin tablets, which fulfills the daily dose of vitamins in the body.
Multivitamins are available in many different forms such as tablets, capsules, powders, etc. They are often provided in combination with dietary supplements, which are able to eliminate fatigue of muscles and help to lead a healthy life. Multivitamins are the supplements that contain three or more vitamins required by the human body. There are many evidences that show that adding multivitamins in your daily routine prevent diseases and boost health. The most important thing that you need to keep in mind before taking any multivitamin preparation is that the daily requirement of multivitamins in men and women is different.
Multivitamins for men and women
The male and the female body differ in all aspects, so the requirement of multivitamins also differs. The multivitamins for men include vitamin A, C, D, E, selenium, and manganese. The combined dose of multivitamin is very useful to maintain the overall health of the human. The intake of vitamins helps improve immune system and eliminates weakness from the body. These increase the potential to fight against the disease. The daily dose of multivitamins helps sharpen the memory and maintains healthy bones. Thiamin in a multivitamin formulation is ideal for men’s health as it reduces the inflammation and protect against certain cancers that occur only in men, heart diseases, and mucular degeneration. The requirements are different in women; multivitamins help in removing wear and tear of the muscles as well as maintain the bone density. The female body needs daily dosages of vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, folate biotin, choline, etc. All these help in growth, development, and rejuvenation of the body. They help in maintaining the essential nutrients in the body.
Uses of multivitamins
The multivitamin preparation is a boon for the elderly people as at this age, there are various deficiencies and multivitamins can help fulfil the daily requirements of the body. People with dietary imbalance may include these in a proper way only after consultation with a certified physician. Pregnant women and elderly adults have different nutritional needs than other adults, and multivitamins should be only taken after consulting with an expert.
Precautions that you need to take before taking multivitamin tablets
- Precautions should be taken while consuming a multivitamin, as an overdose of multivitamin can give rise to various health problems. So, before starting with multivitamins, you should always fix a meeting with a doctor and get checked for the deficiency first, and then begin with the intake.
- Pregnant women must check with the health care specialist before taking any multivitamin formulation because the unnecessary intake and an accidental overdose can cause birth defects.
- If you don’t need multivitamins and there is a deficiency of only one vitamin, avoid taking multivitamin tablets just to fulfil a single vitamin deficiency need. Instead, add those food products that contain that deficient vitamin.
- Keep the multivitamin tablets, capsules, and powders away from children and pets to avoid the accidental consumption.
- If you miss a recommended dose of multivitamins, then do not take an extra dose to make up for the missed one as an overdose can cause several unwanted effects. Always consult your physician to know the exact amount of multivitamins.
In this adulterated world, it’s very difficult to get the regular dose of different vitamins according to the requirements of the human body. Multivitamin tablets help you in getting those missed requirements and help you in leading a healthy and disease free life. Incorporate required vitamins in your diet to attain a healthy body.