Depression is one of the most common mental health disorders in the world, affecting millions of people worldwide. Staying motivated can be a difficult task, but if you put some efforts, it can be treated. Depression is a complex illness that can look very different in different people. Some depressed people can’t sleep at all while others can’t do much anything except sleep. The causes of depression are not yet fully understood by the medical community. There are many possible causes and sometimes a combination of factors can trigger symptoms.
Treatment of depression involves three components, namely:
- Support of family and Friends
- The drug treatment.
Depression can make you feel you lacking energy, empty and fatigued. This may make it more difficult for you to accumulate the strength that you need at the time or desire seek help. Here are a few tips to fight back depression. Whatever are your causes of depression, these tips will help to benefit you.
- Start your day with Coffee- Coffee consumption is linked with lower rates of depression. Caffeine can help to improve mental performance; it especially improves alertness, attention and concentration.
- Go for a Walk– Just getting outside and moving can really do wonders for you when it comes to fighting depression and will lead to feeling motivated.
- Avoid Negativity– If you only feed your brain with negative thoughts, you will breed negativity. Do not surround with negative people. Negative people will drain your motivation.
- Self-Compassion– Self-criticism and depression are best friends, and if you continue having these two in your life, you have the hight changes to get paralyzed with fear and doubt.
- Ask for help and create a support network– Create a support network that you can call at any time. Find someone to go to attend some class so that you can motivate each other. It is never a weakness to ask for help that you can’t do something on your own.
- Socialize– Find a group that you enjoy hanging out and can trust them and depend on them. Your spirit always feels revived.
- Read inspirational books– This will make you laugh and inspire you to dream. Find an inspirational book which you like.
- Watch a nice movie– Watching a nice movie can help you to deal with depression as it can change your mood and interest.
- Do something that you really enjoy– Try to push to do something you love which is relaxing but energizing. It could be playing an instrument, painting or dancing.
- Eat Good– What you eat and drink also affect how you feel. So try to avoid sugar and processed foods. Eat some energetic and nutritious food to make you feel good and look good.
- Getting enough sleep– Sleep disturbances are common with depression. Aim at least 8 hours of sleep per night. Try to get into a healthy sleeping routine. Getting proper sleep helps you feel more balanced and energized throughout your day.
- Travel– Staying away from home for a few days can change a lot many things. Get in touch with your good friends or you can even plan a solo trip.
Causes of Depression
- Stress- The main significant root cause of depression is stress.
- Hormonal imbalance- Fluctuation in the hormone levels can cause depression
- Genetic- Depression can even be genetic
Treatment of Depression
- Yoga– Yoga is one of the best ways to lighten your mood and keep depression at bay. Yoga poses increase blood circulation to the brain.
- Talk Therapies– There are many forms of talk therapies which are scientifically proven to decrease depression. Talk therapy can physically change the brain thoughts for the long run. A therapist can also help you create strategies to identify and avoid depression.
- Medication– Depression medications are a common part of treatment. Some people use these medications for a short time while others use for a long time.
- Lifestyle Changes– Lifestyle changes can help you manage your depression.
Consult a psychiatric before you try anything on your own.
Also Read:Is Your Food Affecting your Mental Health?