Governments across the countries have implemented various protective measures to protect you from coronavirus. Experts agree that washing hands frequently with soap and covering face are some effective measures that one can take to prevent the spread of the new virus.
The Coronavirus has spread across the world, already affected more than 180 countries, including the US. The deadly outbreak led the World Health Organization (WHO) to declare the disease a pandemic. The new virus continues to spread around the world, promoting the Government to take precautionary measures to prevent the spread of the disease. The coronavirus diseases, also known as Covid-19. Research says, more than 1,00,000 people have lost their lives due to Covid-19 in the USA, and over 1 million patients are getting treatment of COVID-19.
Coronavirus spread from one person to another in from of common flu. The human-to-human transmission took place when the droplets of body fluids such as mucus or saliva from an infected individual expelled out on surfaces by sneezing or coughing. The respiratory droplets may come in contact with healthy people and can infect those who pick them by touching the infected surface. Several research studies say that respiratory droplets can travel several feet and remain in the air for at least ten minutes. Scientists and clinical experts across the world are still assessing how the viral infection transmits from person to person via cough and sneeze droplets. However, it is still not known for how long the virus can survive outside a host. More studies need to be done to determine the nature of the new virus. Human-to-human transmission is a particular concern on transport as the respiratory droplets containing the dangerous virus could pass between the passengers via aeroplane seats or the doorknobs.
Can you get the Coronavirus?
Anyone can get Covid-19, although certain groups of people are more likely to get affected and develop serious complications. No matter, which group is at a high risk, now it has become everyone’s responsibility to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus and prevent transmission to other people. According to the research studies, people who are at high risk of developing the serious infection include adults, asthmatics, pregnant women, diabetics, HIV patients, and patients with lung disorder, or heart disease. Social distancing is the key to prevent the disease as this helps to minimize the risk of being exposed to the virus.
How to protect yourself against Covid-19?
You are probably worried about the widespread of the dangerous virus, especially when there are some confirmed Covid-19 positive cases near you. The good news is that you can take measures to protect yourself and your loved from contracting the new virus. Follow these simple tricks to prevent the spread of Covid-19 within communities and across the country.
- Wash your hands- Yes, this is the number one trick to prevent coronavirus disease. Experts say practicing good personal hygiene helps to prevent respiratory illness. According to the centre of disease control and prevention (CDC), washing hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water can help to stop the spread of infection. If the water supply is limited, then a sanitizer can do the trick for you.
- Cover nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze- Whenever you sneeze or cough, cover your mouth with a tissue and then throw it into the bin. You can also cough or sneeze into your elbow rather than your hands.
- Wear face masks- Wearing a face maskcan offer some protection against the respiratory droplets. However, they can’t completely block the entry of tiny particles that can pass through the mask.
- Stay home- Governments andhealth workers across the world are urging people to stay home as much as they can. You might have heard the term social distancing which can be effective in limiting the spread of the virus. To practice physical distancing or social distancing, only leave your house for necessities like purchasing groceries.
- Boost your immune system- A lot of research studies suggest that a strong immune system can help to improve your ability to fight off illness. Regular exercise and consuming a healthy diet can help support your defense system. Such lifestyle modifications will lead to a lifelong improvement in health. Other including getting adequate sleep, staying hydrated, and getting enough micronutrients can help you develop a strong immune system.
- Try to stay calm- Along with your physical health, it is important to take care of your mental health as well. Stress can take a toll on your immune system. You can practice yoga to keep your nerves calm.
These are the basic practices to prevent transmissionof Covid-19. If you have concerns, seek immediate medical help from a health care specialist.
Also Read: Natural Ways to Boost Your Immune System