The condition of having dandruff on the eyelashes and eyebrows are quite like that which you experience when it affects your scalp hair. Oil massage is a great idea to combat the effects of different hair related issues, including dandruff. Also, give a try to Careprost ophthalmic solution for eyelash growth.
Many of you may not know dandruff can accumulate on your eyebrows and eyelashes too. It is quite frustrating to have dandruff, especially when it developed in other parts of the body. While it is highly annoying, getting dandruff on any of these parts of the body is not a matter of concern—fortunately, there are a lot of home remedies to treat this condition. Before we investigate that, let us see what causes dandruff on your eyebrows and eyelashes.
According to dermatologists, dandruff on your eyebrows and lashes majorly caused by two conditions, namely seborrheic dermatitis, and blepharitis.
- Seborrheic dermatitis – This condition is characterized by inflammation of the eyelid margin and appear as yellowish dandruff flakes that can occur on your lashes, brows, and various other parts of the body.
- Blepharitis – It is the inflammation of the eyelid margin that is majorly caused by bacterial/fungal infections or eyelash mites. Dandruff on eyelash is often accompanied by irritation, burning sensation, and grittiness in the eyes.
Though these conditions may not sound alarming, there is no need to be worried. Dandruff caused by these conditions can be treated easily with some simple home-made tricks. Check out these home remedies to treat dandruff:
- Almond Oil – Almond oil can remove dead skin cells and soothe the area around your eyes. Applying this natural oil on to your lashes and brows can nourish hair follicles and even help to grow them. All you need to do is heat a tablespoon of almond oil and apply gently to your lash hair and eyebrows. Massage gently before going to bed, leave the oil overnight, and wash off the next morning.
- Tea Tree Oil – Tea tree oil has antifungal properties that help you get rid of the fungus responsible for causing dandruff on your lashes and eyebrows. Heat a few drops of oil in a spoon and apply it on your tiny hair using a cotton ball. You can also massage with your fingertips. Please keep it for ten minutes and rinse off using lukewarm water.
- Olive Oil – Olive oil has numerous benefits, one among is a good moisturizer. Dry skin is the major cause of dandruff, which can easily be resolved by using olive oil. Regular massage treats dry skin issues and helps you get rid of dandruff. Rich in antioxidants, olive oil help to eliminate dandruff from the eyebrows and eyelashes. Warm a tablespoon of oil and gently massage it on your lash hair and brows. Now soak a cotton cloth in warm water and keep it over your eyes, leave it for fifteen minutes. Rise your eyes with warm water after fifteen minutes. Follow the home remedy every to get the best results.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil has multiple benefits, being a powerful moisturizer with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial compounds, it helps treat itchiness and dryness associated with dandruff. Applying a little with the help of clean mascara brush on your lash line can keep dandruff away for long term. One must leave the oil overnight so that it can completely be absorbed by the hair follicles. Rinse off the oil with warm water. Repeat the process daily for best results.
- Castor Oil – Castor oil is an ancient remedy and one of the most effective treatments for getting darker, thicker, and longer hair. In addition to it, it also helps you get rid of dandruff in lashes and eyebrows. The natural oil contains antioxidants, fatty acids, vitamins, and proteins; it provides moisture to hair follicles and prevents the cause of dandruff. Keep the oil for thirty minutes and wipe off with a makeup remover. Thoroughly wash your face with lukewarm water. Use Careprost ophthalmic solution to get darker and fuller looking lashes.
While you follow these home remedies, do make sure to maintain a healthy lifestyle and avoid using over the counter eye care products. Apply Careprost ophthalmic solution for longer and darker eyelashes if you are facing any hypotrichosis condition.