There have been several research and studies on the causes of male infertility, of which one big factor that emerges is the lack of sperm motility. Fortunately, the changes in diet can turn this condition around and bring your sperm back into reckoning.

Foods that offer a natural way to improve male fertility

Almost 90% cases of male infertility are due to insufficient sperm count, and this condition has a lot of physical and emotional ramifications that can hurt your self-esteem. According to a study, 15% of couples are infertile because of the inability of men to produce enough healthy sperm. It’s required for getting your partner pregnant. The prevalence of low sperm motility or the inability of sperm to swim and circulate, can make men impotent, as an extreme condition.

However, it’s also important to understand that only one factor is not responsible for infertility. But, low motility does not make much difference if sperm count is high enough. Similarly, if your body has low sperm count, but enough density of healthy sperm is there, then it is enough for successful pregnancy.

Factors of male infertility:
There are several factors that can affect male fertility, such as:
• Low sperm production
• Misshapen sperm
• Intense medications
• Lack of healthy diet
• Low sperm motility
• Environmental influence
• Structural defects that prevent the discharge of sperm

A few important food elements to produce healthy sperms:
Some particular food products rich in essential elements are effective in increasing sperm count as well as the amount of healthy sperm that further improves men’s health. These elements and their sources are discussed here as:

• Vitamins to increase sperm count
Weak sperm and low fertility are closely linked. Vitamin-rich foods are very effective to treat infertility. Men are recommended to eat foods rich in Vitamin A, such as oats, sweet potatoes, broccoli, spinach, dried apricots, red peppers, carrot,

The sperm viability and motility is highly augmented by the vitamin C that you can easily find from strawberries, leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, Peas, papaya, guava, tomatoes, black currant etc.

Also Read:What’s Your Heart Disease Risk?

Vitamin B-12 is another important element that can help you boost sperm production. It’s mostly available in animal foods like meat, fish, poultry, eggs, and dairy products. Those who want to increase sperm motility should increase the intake of shellfish, liver, crustaceans, milk, fortified cereals, fortified soy products, cheese, red meat and other meat products.

The intake of multivitamin supplements has to be emphasized. Men who do not get sufficient sperm-supporting vitamins from the regular diet are likely to have low sperm count and, nutritional deficiency can invite many other side effects to the health.

• Minerals to treat male infertility
Like vitamins, minerals are equally important to treat sperm count.
Some particular minerals include calcium, copper, phosphorus, iron, cobalt, potassium, iodine and sodium.

There are different natural, edible items that supply a good amount of minerals, such as oysters, eggs, beef, oats, turkey, seafood, pumpkin seeds, lamb, yoghurt, barley and nuts. Selenium, red meat, poultry products, and cottage cheese are very good sources of minerals. Remember that excess dose of minerals is also harmful, so take a balanced diet to keep the mineral level under check.

• Omega-3 is vital for sperm count
Foods rich in fatty acids has the quality to increase sperm motility, turning dysfunctional round-headed sperm in highly agile sperm along with cone-shaped heads that easily finds its way to the egg. Omega-3 fatty acid is proven to improve male fertility by strengthening sperm formation.

Recent studies have also found that Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA), which is an important element of omega-3 fatty acid, helps to develop eye and brain. The greater amounts of polyunsaturated fats, specifically omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, contribute to enhancing male sperm count. You can get ample amount of Omega-3 in walnuts, Calamari oil, Chia seeds and fish like salmon, sardines and anchovies as well as other sea products.

Also Read:10 Ways for Men to Reduce Stress

• Folic acid linked to male fertility
Research studies suggest that consumption of folic acid foods in combination with zinc can increase up to 70% chance of male fertility. In fact, one study found that men who consume high levels of folic acid (over 700 mg a day) can lower the risk of low sperm motility by 20-30%.

Also known as folate or folacin, folic acid is actually a B9 vitamin that helps your body generate and maintain new cells. Its deficiency can affect the health of DNA and red blood cells. There are many good sources of folic acid, that includes leafy green vegetables, beans, avocados, beets, fortified cereals, chickpeas and breads.

• Lycopene for sperm count
In 2000, a research study conducted on 30 men who were given 2000 micrograms of lycopene for three months were able to improve in sperm concentration by 66%, sperm motility by 53% and an improvement in sperm morphology by 46%. Lycopene is one of the key elements for the betterment of men’s health.

Tomatoes, carrots, apricots, papaya, guava, watermelon and pink grapefruit are some of the significant sources of lycopene.

Conclusion:
The natural way of treating a low sperm count is much more effective and long-lasting than hard medications that could render some side effects on men’s health. Thus, it is easy to try those food items that not only improve male fertility, but also are easy to access at lower cost. Even if the chance of increasing the sperm count is very little, these food products can make the condition far better, so that your partner can conceive successfully.

Leave a comment

 Copyright © 2020 ReliableRxPharmacy. All rights reserved.