Eating healthy food is an equivalent right of everyone. It is not always the fact that to maintain good health one has to go for buying costly food items. Markets are loaded with several cheapest health food you can consume. Making a timely nutritious diet list can help in arranging the foods that are pocket-friendly and are easy to buy.
Eating healthy in a budget can sometimes seem pretty impossible, but do not forget that healthy diet food to eat is a matter of choice and opinion. Often people think that cheap foods are unhealthy, but it is not the case. We can cut food costs by eating more meals at home by making them own while buying them from our grocery store.
Food to Buy Keeping Budget in Mind
How can you arrange to eat a nutritious diet while keeping your grocery bill low? Well, it not difficult because many of the food items come in less than $3 per package that you can consider as your meals for diet plans.
The food list that is low in the bill but is equally a healthy food option that you can consume are:
- Whole – Wheat, Brown rice, wheat bread, oats, frozen vegetables, nonfat Greek yogurt, spinach, refried beans, russet potato, canned tuna, soybeans, egg substitute (store brand), and dried lentils. Find below the detailed information on the cheapest food items that are good for health.
- Frozen Vegetables: They are often a better option for longer to keep.
- Spinach: Spinach is quite healthy and comes in almost at a reasonable price.
- Onions: Onions are a very cheap product in our daily routine. We add it to our veggies and salads. It has many health benefits. Interesting fact – a raw onion can lower the risk of breast cancer if a woman consumes it in a daily routine. Women also uses onion juice as a home remedy for treating hair loss problem.
- Eggs: Eggs are a simply nutritionally dense source of protein. It is usually a regular breakfast staple and a cheap source of consuming healthy food.
- Legumes: Beans, chickpeas, lentils, are one of the low price food options considering nutrient values.
- Peanuts: Peanuts are a good source of vitamin e, protein, and manganese. This is one of the best and cheapest option. Moreover, we can also add peanut butter to our daily routine. The unsaturated fats in peanut butter play an important role in a healthy diet and making our skin healthy.
- Almonds: It contains a number of vitamins and minerals. It has amazing health benefits. It also improves blood sugar levels. Almonds can aid weight loss and booster for brainpower.
- Whole wheat pasta: It is a super healthy choice and loaded full of carbohydrates and fiber.
- Brown Rice: Brown rice is whole grain rice. Include it in your meals for diet plan for the better digestive system. It has high nutritional content which is good for preventing diabetes and cancer. It is also a good food option for weight loss techniques. People who can’t eat white rice due to weight can consider eating brown rice.
- Tofu: It’s another protein-based diet that is affordable.
- Oats: Oats are an incredibly healthy diet. It provides a good source of both carbohydrates and protein.
- Whole Milk: Milk contains high amounts of protein, calcium, and vitamin D. It’s an attractive option when trying to meet high-calorie requirements.
Also Read: 11 Foods for Healthy Bones
- Nonfat Greek Yoghurt: An excellent source of protein and calcium.
- Sweet Potato: A better nutritional value than normal potatoes.
- Other than vegetables and whole grain, we also have cost-efficient options for eating fruits and these are:
- Watermelon: it has an incredible value per nutrient. Watermelon is a wonderful and easy to eat nutritional deal.
- Bananas: Banana is a very energetic source of potassium. It also improves the digestive system. Banana can be also considered for a weight loss program.
- Plums: Plums are an excellent source of fiber and carbs.
- Pears: Pears possess a good amount of natural sugars, they are another great source of fiber and vitamin C.