Hair loss is one of the most occurring phenomena with the younger generation nowadays. For teenage girls, hair loss can be traumatic and depressive at the same time. There are various reasons which can cause hair loss in teenage girls, and they are as follows:
- Hormones- as the teenage girls grow; they go through with various bodily changes, including changes in their hormones. These hormones cause changes in the emotions, eating habits and hair growth. The hormone which is responsible for hair loss is dihydrotestosterone or DHT. This DHT shrinks the hair follicles, causing hair to fall out. Teenage girls may experience hair fall until the hormones balance out in the bodies.
- Medicine- there is a variety of products that promise 100% hair fall treatment available in the market which can cause hair loss in both teens and adults. Some of the hair loss medicines such as anticoagulants, beta blockers, and even high doses of vitamin A etc., can lead to hair loss.
- Poor Nutrition- proper nutrition plays a very important role in maintaining the good condition of hair, but most people don’t think about the nutrition. Not taking the balanced diet leads to various deficiencies which lead to hair loss. Parents should watch the girls for this condition.
- Over Styling- to keep up with current fashion trends and styles, teenage girls frequently use heat products and tight hairstyles which lead to breaking of hair. Using of hair straighteners, blow dryers, and curling rods daily lead to dry and brittle hair which in turn causes hair loss. Tight hairstyles lead to a weakening of hair roots which causes hair loss.
- Deeper Medical Conditions– sometimes hair loss can be the symptom of some underlying medical conditions, so it is important to consult the dermatologist who is specialized in treating skin care issue if you are experiencing hair loss without any causes. The disease like traction alopecia affects teenage girls and it is caused by pulling on the hair or wearing hair extension. This disease leads to weakening of hair roots which lead to hair loss. The condition requires immediate attention. Your dermatologist will suggest you best hair fall treatment to improve your condition.
There are various remedies and medicine available in the home and outside which can prevent the hair loss in teenage girls. These skin care remedies are as follows-
- A teenage girl should oil their hair regularly. Oiling is the best way to keep the hair stronger. Oiling is the best skin care treatment.
- Eating protein-rich diet reduces hair loss, eating proteins lead to a strengthening of hair.
- Stop using blow dryers, hair straighteners etc. as they damage the hair and weaken the hair roots.
- If the teenage girl is suffering from alopecia areata, consult a doctor as soon as possible as this is a condition that leads to bald patches.
- Some side effects of any medicine cause hair loss so consult your doctor and ask him to change the medicine for you.
- There’s a mental condition in which person unconsciously plucks their hair, which causes hair loss, so if this condition appears, you should consult some therapists and get the cure for this mental condition.
- Styling wet hair damage the hair, so let your hairs get dry first then do any styling.
- Getting proper diagnosis is also very important as it can help in detecting the any serious conditions of the body.
It is very important to treat this condition in a teenage girl or it can lead to mental disorders. So if hair loss occurs in the teenage girls consult your doctors and check the main reasons behind the hair loss and get the condition treated properly.