If you want to get even close to your big health goals, no matter what they are, you have to keep your body hydrated by consuming hydrating foods and drinks.
Water- The best hydrating agent
Whether you are an athlete, a yoga trainer, an avid exerciser, or a normal person, there is one common fact that you can’t live without water. The human body is made up of 75% of water in which 80% of the brain is made of water, 92% of the blood is made up of water, and 75% of the muscles are made up water. The human body requires enough water to perform many significant functions in the body. This is why it is important to stay hydrated every time. According to experts, proper hydration keeps your bodies running the way they are supposed to.
Fulfil your daily water requirements
Being hydrated means the water your body gets from beverages and foods balances the water your body loses from respiration, urination, perspiration, and other body processes. You can fulfil the water need of your body not just by consuming plain water but also by drinking liquids such as milk, fruit juices, vegetable juices, shakes, and even beverages such as coffee, tea, and soft drinks. Avoid drinking beverage that contains negative calories or are high in calories.
According to the Institute of Medicine (IOM), is recommended to drink 91 ounces of water for women and 125 ounces for men. Body needs of water increase with factors such as temperature extremities (hot and cold), strenuous physical activity, illness such a fever, vomiting, or diarrhea increase the water need. It has been estimated that 80% of water intakes come from beverages or liquids while other 20% comes from hydrating foods.
Best Hydrating Foods
As it is mentioned above that 20% of the water comes from foods, here are some foods that are filled with high water content and works as equal to your water bottle to help you stay hydrated;
- Cucumber– Cucumber carries impressively high water content. It contains about 95% of water and is packed with potassium which is helpful in preventing stroke. More than anything else, cucumber is considered as an anti-inflammatory substance which is helpful in promoting brain health. You can add cucumber in your salad or simply pair it with tomatoes for a healthy snack.
- Watermelon– A fruit packed with water, watermelon is extremely beneficial for a hot day. It has high water content that keeps you hydrated even on a hot sunny day. The fruit contains 92% of water and is filled with essential nutrients like vitamin A, C, and B6. It also has lycopene and antioxidants that are good to maintain a healthy body.
- Celery– This lean and green vegetable can also be called as a cancer-fighting machine. It carries 95% of water and has the potential to inhibit the growth of cancer or abnormal cells in the body. Here is the list of best hydrating foods that fulfill the need the water in the body. It is extremely beneficial for breast cancer; it stops cancer cells from multiplying and spreading.
- Carrots– Filled high fiber, carrots are another excellent hydrating food item that contains 90% of water. It is good for eyes and improves vision.
- Radishes-This root vegetable carries 95 % of water; it helps in alleviating excess heat in the body. They are the rich source of vitamin C minerals and antioxidants that help in protecting cells and nourishing tissues.
- Kiwi– You will surprise to know the fact that kiwi has more vitamin C than oranges. They are made up of 85 % of water and have potassium equals to a medium size banana.
- Peaches– This delicious fuzzy fruit contains 88% of water. Peaches have the potential to fight obesity related disorders, including cardiovascular disorders and diabetes.
The healthy food items are given in this hydrating foods list not only replenish your fluids but deliver other benefits too.
Avoid start fruit as it is known to cause harmful effects on people who have renal insufficiency. However, it is high in water content; it carries 90% of water. The star shape fruit has substances that affect the brain and cause neurological disorders.
Follow a hydrating foods diet for optimal health, shinier hair, and younger skin.
Latest posts by Stella Green (see all)
- What Can You Do To Prevent Hair Loss? - October 30, 2017
- How to Have a Healthy Sex Life Even If You Have Herpes - October 25, 2017
- 5 Reasons You’re Having Less Sex - October 13, 2017
- Can Marijuana Cure Diabetes? - October 9, 2017
- Large Population in the World will be Obese by 2025 - October 5, 2017