Do you realize how important your immune system is? And how to increase immunity?
It acts your body’s natural shield that protects you from cold, flu, fever, strep throat, and other sickness. Irrespective of the season, your body can be susceptible to germs and bacteria that can make you ill. You certainly don’t want to sick. So, you should not sit back and wait for the inevitable. By naturally boosting your immune system, you can avoid the illness associated with the seasonal allergies and other infections. Check the list of immune boosters given below and follow the tips given along them to keep the system strong:
- Feast on fruits and vegetables- Most of are not eating enough, which causes more problems than having fiber deficiency- The essential nutrients in the veggies and fruits do wonders for your body including the immune system. Having a diet full of fruits, and vegetables is always a good way to strengthen your immune system. Fruits with vitamin C like oranges and kiwis may reduce the duration of common cold symptoms and improve the immune system works. Vitamin C is found in high concentrations in lemons, limes, and grapefruits also. our body does not consume Vitamin C, so we need to consume every day to boost our immune system.
- Get moving- Another great to enhance the functions of the immune system is physical activity. Your immune system responds to physical activity by producing more blood cells that help fight the bacteria. The more regular you exercise the healthier will be your immune system. According to a research study in America, people who exercise 5 to 6 days a week are less likely to get cold and sore throats as compared to people who don’t exercise. Adopt these good habits that can help to improve your immune system.
- Drink plenty of water- Drinking enough water can have numerous health benefits including better immune system function. Water intake not only aids in digestion but also prevents virus or bacteria from getting into the eyes, nose, and mouth. Hydrations helps all the body’s defences to function properly.
- Get enough sleep- When it comes to a healthy immune system, choosing a healthy lifestyle is a trick. Incorporating healthy habits, including getting enough shut-eye supports immune system functions. If you are getting enough sleep, this means your body fight off sickness and help succeed in achieving a healthy defence system. An adult should get 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night.
- Stress reduction is crucial- Stress suppresses our immune system by releasing the hormone cortisol. The hormone interferes with the function of white blood cells and lowers the levels of IgA, an important antibody which lines the respiratory tract and the gut and is considered as the defence against pathogens. Look for some great ways to handle stress.
- Maintain a healthy weight-green tea can boost your metabolism and help to lose extra pounds. So, from now ditch your morning coffee and have green tea instead.
- Don’t let yourself freeze- having cold extremities seems to reduce the supply of WBCs or white blood cells, which are considered as the first line of defence against invaders.
- Avoid smoking and limit alcohol consumption- Cigarette is bad you so it is wise to quit smoking. When it comes to alcohol consumption, occasionally drinking a glass of wine is not dangerous, but excess drinking can certainly weaken your immune system.
- Almonds for a healthy immune system- To help fight off infections, make a handful of almonds a part of your daily diet. According to research reports, almonds improve the ability of white blood cells to detect the virus that cause cold sores. It is also believed to help prevent the virus from spreading. Add almonds in your morning breakfast to boost the immune system and keep infections at bay.
- Improve immunity with Herbs and supplements- Scientists and other experts have yet to determine the role of vitamin C in enhanced immunity. Still, there is a lot of evidence that indicates that these essential nutrients have antioxidants that help to reduce cold incidence. Herbs and supplements containing vitamin C may help reduce the duration and severity of sickness if taken on time that is as soon as you experience cold and flu symptoms.