Stress can cause hair loss, but here you can find all solutions that you need to stay away from hair loss. There are thousands of options available for hair loss treatment but if you are stressed then probably no treatment would work longer.
Sometimes emotional and physical stress can lead to hair loss, which is a serious concern for most of the people. However, due to the length of the hair growth cycle, people usually begin losing their hair weeks or months after the stressful event has occurred, and the hair loss can remain for several months afterwards. Luckily, hair will usually grow back on its own once the source of stress has been removed. Learn how to ease stress and take good care of your hair in order to reduce the effect of hair loss.
Can stress cause hair loss
Yes, it is true stress and hair loss is related.
There are three types of hair loss that can be associated with high stress level:
In Telogen effluvium, significant stress pushes large number of hair follicle into a resting phase. Within a few months, affected hair might fall out suddenly when simply combing or washing your hair.
Trichotillomania is an irresistible urge to pull out hair from your scalp, eyebrows or other areas of your body. Hair pulling can be a way of dealing with negative or uncomfortable feelings, such as stress, tension, frustration, loneliness and boredom.
Number of factor causes alopecia atropae, mainly including severe stress. With alopecia areata, the body’s immune system attacks the hair follicles causing hair damage.
Stress and hair loss is not made for permanent. If you get your stress under control, you hair might grow back.
There are nearly 100,000 strands of hair on your scalp and is generally seen as very normal to lose 50 to 100 strands a day. But when you start losing more than that, it is time to take some action so it that it should not proceed to baldness. There are so many ways for hair loss treatment and hair fall treatment.
Stress related hair loss
Physical and emotional stress
Lack of sleep can contribute to both mental and physical stress, especially if the sleep issue persist over a long period of time it can affect your diet. Your bad performance at work and your overall mood can lead to stress or anxiety-related hair loss.
Improve your sleep; you should sleep for at least seven to eight hours a day.
Eat healthy food
Follow a healthy diet, eating a healthy diet gives your body energy, enabling it to better cope with stress. Diet also contributes to the better strength of hair.
Avoid low-calorie diet
By eating low calories diet you may deprive your body of many of the nutrients, vitamins, nutrients and healthy fats are needed for the proper function and maintenance of healthy hair growth.
Hair oil massage
The first step that you can take for the treatment of hair loss is to massage your scalp with suitable hair oil. Proper hair oiling and scalp massage will provide increased blood circulation to the hair follicles, condition the scalp and enhance the strength of your hair roots. It will also relax your mind and reduce feeling of stress.
You can use oil like almond oil, olive oil, castor oil, Amla oil, coconut oil etc.
Aloe Vera contains enzymes that directly nurture healthy hair growth. Also, it’s alkalizing properties can help bring the scalp and hair PH to a more desirable level, which can greatly promote hair growth.
- Regular use of aloe Vera is vital for the treatment of hair fall, also relive scalp itching.
- Apply aloe Vera gel or juice onto the scalp
- Leave it for few hours and then wash it off with lukewarm water
- Repeat the process three to four times a week
Licorice root is another herb that prevents hair loss and further damage to hair fall. The mollifying properties of licorice roots open the pores, soothe the scalp and help get rid of irritations like superdry flakes. This remedy is good for the treatment of dandruff and baldness.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ground licorice root to one cup milk with a quarter teaspoon saffron and mix it thoroughly
- Apply the paste on bald patches before going to sleep and leave it overnight
- Wash your hair in the morning
- Follow this remedy once or twice a week
Fenugreek is also known as methi, it is highly effective in the treatment of hair loss. Fenugreek hormone antecedents that enhance hair growth and help rebuild hair follicles.
- They also contain protein and nicotine acid that affect the hair growth.
- Soak one cup of methi seeds in water overnight
- In the morning, grind them to make paste
- Apply the paste to your hair and cover with a shower cap. Rinse your hair After 40 minutes.
- Follow this process every morning for a month.
Almost every person is suffering from stress from different issues in their life, but the most common symptom is same, hair loss. You can follow any tip as mentioned above for the hair loss treatment.
Latest posts by Stella Green (see all)
- Natural Ways to Reduce Migraine Symptoms - November 16, 2018
- Few Effective Breathing Exercises to Aid Asthma Treatment - October 26, 2018
- Do Eyelashes Grow Back? - October 25, 2018
- Things to Avoid During Pregnancy - October 17, 2018
- Can Allopathy Medicines Cause Hair Loss? - October 13, 2018