Everyone loses hair daily, and it is normal. On an average, we lose around fifty to a hundred hair every day. However, everyone should know how to stop hair loss.
Hair loss is a part of a natural cycle and new hair replaces it. But if a lot more hair is falling off, it is a matter of concern. Hair loss can happen due to several reasons. Age, menopause, pregnancy, genetics, illness, and other factors all play a role in hair loss.
Ways to stop hair loss:
While you can take medicines or use topical treatments, but sometimes the best and cheapest solution is to try to stop hair fall naturally.
Your hair, like your skin is often regarded as a measure of your overall health condition. If you are healthy, your hair will look good and if your hair is falling, it can indicate some health issues. Therefore, all that you do to achieve good health applies to your hair as well.
Here are some ways to stop hair loss in men:
• Keep your hair clean – If you keep your hair dirty, it is likely to get infected and fall off. Therefore, it is important to keep your hair scrupulously clean at all times. Use a good quality shampoo and other hair products to ensure that your hair is in top condition. Make sure to trim your hair every few months to keep it looking great.
• Avoid unhealthy hair practices – There are many bad habits that we do unknowingly and which are not good for your hair such as pulling the hair very tight into braids or ponytails. Some women tie their hair so tight that it comes out of the roots. If you keep pulling your hair like this, it will stop growing in those areas.
• Chemical treatments – These include styling, straightening, perming, and hot ironing, which are bad for your hair. Also, blow drying your hair can dry out your scalp and damage the hair follicles. Combing the hair or rubbing it roughly with a towel when it is wet can cause some strands to fall off. The main thing is to be gentle with your hair. Refrain from doing anything that can cause damage to your hair in any way.
• Hot oil massage – Take any natural oil such as coconut, olive or canola and heat it till it is warm. Massage it on your scalp in circular motions. Leave it on for around an hour before washing it off. This is an excellent way to nourish your hair. It is also a good way to massage your scalp, which helps to enhance circulation.
Also Read: Biggest Health Concerns and their Natural Cures
• Avoid stress – Most of the times, the chief cause of hair loss is stress and anxiety. Yoga and meditation can go a long way towards helping lower stress levels and restore hormonal imbalances if any. A few minutes of exercise daily can do wonders for your hair and overall health. It increases circulation to your hair and this in turn helps to improve the condition of your hair.
• Good diet – Hair is composed of 97% protein. When there is protein deficiency in the body, it is unable to replace the hair that you shed daily. You can prevent hair loss by including protein-rich foods in your diet, such as dairy products, pulses and the like. A diet rich in iron, protein, zinc, calcium, and vitamins A and B is also essential to help avoid hair loss. Drink plenty of water throughout the day to help flush out toxins from the body.
Your diet plays an important role to prevent hair loss in men. However, don’t expect to see results immediately. It can take up to several weeks to see noticeable results. Hair grows from the inside out therefore a healthy body is an imperative for healthy hair. Stay away from processed and junk foods at all costs.
• Pay attention to your body – Sometimes, hair loss is due to several medical issues such as thyroid problems, dramatic weight loss or gain, and anemia. If something seems wrong with your system, make sure to contact your doctor to know the root cause of the issue.
• Check your hair care products – Often the chemicals in the products you are using are the reason for hair fall. Changing the products can help restore hair and prevent further hair fall.
Also Read: Perfect Health is Perfect You
These are some of the practices you can adapt to arrest hair loss in men. If you continue to face several hair loss issues, it is best to talk to your doctor.