The high nutrient content of dates contributes to numerous health benefits. Add dates to your diet and enjoy various health benefits of dates.
Fruits have been a pivotal part of the human diet since ancient times. It is also known that certain groups of people pay special attention to some fruits in their daily diets due to their religious beliefs. For example-Muslims, across the globe break their Ramadan fast by eating date fruits to fulfil ethereal law. Therefore, the nutritional value of fruits in promoting good health cannot be underestimated. Some of the results obtained from the studies indicated a link between healthy eating of fruits and a reduction in the death rate due to heart-related cancer and other deteriorating illness. Date palm, widely known as Phoenix dactylifera, is one of the earliest farmed varieties of palm trees that possess nutritional and environmental values. With the continuously increasing demands for natural, nutritional, and cheap food, creating more awareness about dates’ health benefits could help increase their nutritional importance.
Benefits of Dates
The high nutrient value of date fruit contributes to its highly beneficial properties. Here are the various health tips and date benefits.
- Dates are highly nutritious – Dates are rich in carbohydrates, with sucrose, maltose, glucose, and fructose which constitute around 80% of their dry matter. Other features such as compositions and sugar content differ with the variety of dates and fruit maturation. Dates fruit is one of the most important kinds of fruit in terms of the food value and curative; it is a rich source of sugar and amino acids, proteins, and fats. Therefore, dates fruit is considered the richest fruit in their energy content. It has significant therapeutic value as the fruit contains Antioxidants, sex steroids, certain vitamins, folic acid, and fluorine elements. Also, dates activate digestion, balance the acid in the blood, and prevent constipation. The nutritional value per 100 gm of dates is:
– Fiber:7 grams
– Carbs:75 grams
– Copper:18% of the RDI
– Potassium:20% of the RDI
– Iron:5% of the RDI
– Vitamin B6:12% of the RDI
– Manganese:15% of the RDI
– Protein:2 grams
2. Rich in fiber – Getting enough fiber is imperative for your overall health. By adding only 3.5 ounces of serving, you can increase your fibre intake. Fiber is beneficial for digestive health by preventing constipation. Soak dates in water overnight and then eat them the next morning to get the most benefits. Soak date benefits the most. The soluble fibers available in dates support healthy bowel movements, assisting a comfortable passage of food through the intestinal tract.
3. Promote brain health – Including dates in your daily diet can help improve brain function. The potential brain-boosting properties of the fruit have been attributed to antioxidants known to reduce inflammation, including flavonoids.
4. Effective treatment for anaemia – The high mineral content, including iron found in dates, is very effective in treating anaemia. Moreover, the health benefits of dates are achieved by strengthening the immune system, decreasing the feelings of fatigue and balancing mineral levels in the body.
5. Strengthen bone health – The minerals like calcium, copper, selenium, manganese, and magnesium available in dates help you strengthen bone health and reduce the chances of osteoporosis. Generally, ageing people complain the weakness in bones, so they should regularly take dates to resist the effects of osteoporosis.
6. Controls intestinal disorders – The dates greatly resolve intestinal disorders as they can check the growth of the pathological organisms. Dates’ nutritional elements can stimulate the growth of beneficial bacteria in the intestines. Its insoluble and soluble fibers can regulate amino acids and other nutrients extracted from the food products you eat.
7. Boost nervous system – Dates help boost the health of the nervous system and its functionality. The minerals like potassium and magnesium promote a healthy and responsive nervous system. Also, this fruit is known for improving the speed and alertness of brain activity. Therefore many children’s foods claim to have dates that can improve the nervous system and sharpen their minds.
8. Improves reproductive health – Research studies have proved that dates can boost your sexual stamina. Take them with a glass full of lukewarm milk, honey and cardamom every night to increase your sexual endurance. Moreover, dates’ nutrition can help you reduce the chances of sterility and erectile dysfunction.
9. Other health benefits of dates – There are some more health tips and date benefits that you can achieve with a regular intake of dates. These benefits can be described as: reducing allergies, encouraging weight gain, promoting a healthy heart, reducing the risk of abdominal cancer, Diagnose night blindness, Lower alcoholic intoxication, Treat diarrhoea
The health benefits of dates are numerous; they are high in calories with full of essential nutrients and antioxidants; they are linked to many health benefits. They contain fibre to boost digestion and heart health while lowering the risk of chronic diseases.