Safer sex means that protecting yourself and your partners from sexually transmitted infections. Safer sex helps you in staying healthy and can even make your sex life better.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
STDs are infectious diseases that are passed from one person to another person during sexual activity. Anybody who is involved in oral, anal, or vaginal sex or genital skin to skin contact with another person can get infected with STDs.
There are other risks of unsafe sex such as unwanted pregnancy and HIV.
There are many ways to have safe sex and some of them are as always:
- Physical barrier methods-this is the best method to have safe sex. There are various physical barriers such as a condom, cervical cap, contraceptive sponge, diaphragm, and spermicide. Condoms are best to have safe sex. It can be used for all sexual activity and it provides protection from STDs, HIV, etc. condoms is used by the male on the erected penis and it prevents semen from reaching the cervix in women. There are various internal condoms also which are used by women for safe sex. The internal condom is a lubricated pouch made of polyurethane that’s inserted into the vagina or the anus before sex. There are cervical caps, which are small, flexible cups which are inserted into the vagina before vaginal sex. The contraceptive sponges are also used for safer sex and it is a sponge filled with spermicide and used by inserting it into the vagina before intercourse.
- Hormonal methods-there are various drugs which can prevent unwanted pregnancies. There are birth control pills which come in packs that contain one pill to take each day of a menstrual cycle. It pills contain a low of female hormones that prevent the ovaries from releasing an egg each menstrual cycle. The vaginal contraceptives are the rings which are small, flexible, transparent ring containing female hormones. The ring is placed in the vagina for three weeks, followed by ring-free week, during this period you will get your periods and a new ring is inserted.
- Permanent methods-these are the methods which help you have safe sex for longer periods. There are two permanent methods, tubal ligation, and vasectomy. Tubal ligation is a surgical procedure in which fallopian tubes are blocked, tied or cut. Vasectomy is also a minor surgical method, in which the vas deferens is blocked.
- Copper Intrauterine Device (IUD)-it’s a temporary method of protection in which a small T-shaped device that’s placed inside your uterus by a doctor up to seven days after unprotected sex or failed contraception. It is also used as a consistent form of birth control up to seven years.
These are the best way to have safe sex and if you don’t want to use these methods, then there are some methods which can be followed during sexual intercourse, such as removing the penis just before ejaculation and having sex during that period when there is less risk of pregnancy.
If there is any unusual things happen to appear in your private parts and consult your doctor as soon as possible. Get yourself diagnosed with HIV and then involved in sexual activity.
Latest posts by moiz (see all)
- HCG Diet Safety Highlighted - July 3, 2018
- Non-Dairy Milk: Ways to Choose the Right One for You - June 28, 2018
- Best Tips for Beautiful Summer Skin - June 26, 2018
- Best Tips for Beautiful Summer Skin - June 16, 2018
- 4 Life-Changing Beauty Hacks are Cheaper than Eyelash Extensions - June 14, 2018