A teenager can try various methods to heal acne and prevent future breakouts. A lot of boys and girls experience acne as they go through puberty. For some, it appears severe, which lead to low confidence, depression, and anxiety. A range of acne treatments, including home remedies and medications, can help improve the condition. One can either buy acne medications online or from a nearby pharmacy to deal with skin issues.
This article focuses on tips to manage acne in teenagers at home and explain when to consult a dermatologist.
What Causes Acne at a Teenage
It is still not understood why some people are more likely to get acne than others. The exact cause behind acne vulgaris is unclear, but dermatologists believe certain hormones can play a role. Hormones such as androgens increase in both girls and boys at the time of puberty. These hormones make the skin glands get larger and force them to make them more sebum. Certain factors can contribute to increased levels of androgens. The primary ones may include pregnancy and starting or stopping contraceptive pills. Genetics may also play a crucial role if your parents had zits; you may automatically have inherited that tendency. Certain other medications, including anti-epileptic drugs, prednisone, and lithium, can cause acne. Sometimes, cosmetics, especially the greasy ones, can clog pores. Water-based products are less likely to clog pores and prevent acne formation. Other reasons might include stress, harsh scrubbing, squeezing pimples, and changing hormonal levels in adolescent girls.
How can you treat acne?
Dermatologists often treat acne vulgaris, particularly severe acne. At the same time, the milder forms can be treated at home by using non-prescription topical treatments along with important skin care precautions. Dermatologists recommends the best acne treatment for teens. Sometimes, treatment may include non-prescription topical formulations. They are not pills that you take orally but the products you put on your skin. These include salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, acetic acid, and sulfur. These acne formulations are available in the form of creams, gels, lotions, and soaps. If you regularly use such products in your daily skincare routine, then there are bright chances of getting rid of those stubborn zits. However, it may take up to 4 to 8 weeks for the skin condition to improve; therefore, you need to wait for the results patiently.
Buy acne treatment online US from an Indian pharmacy. Online pharmacies like reliablerxdrugs.com offer topical prescription treatments like tretinoin, tazarotene, adapalene, antibiotics, benzoyl peroxide, azelaic acid, and dapsone. Buy acne medication online only when a dermatologist has prescribed you. For people with moderate to severe acne, dermatologists often recommend using oral antibiotics in addition to topical medications.
How to prevent acne?
Are you religiously following your acne care routine but still seeing new breakouts? What’s to be blamed? Well! Here are 13 tips that dermatologists and skincare experts recommend that help you achieve the best results from your acne treatments.
- Give a try to over the counter acne preparations; look for the ones that contain benzoyl peroxide as the active constituent. Wash your acne-prone skin with a gentle cleanser twice daily. Apply cleanser with your fingertips and rinse it with lukewarm water.
- After cleansing, treat your acne with a product containing adapalene, as it helps to unclog pores and prevent further breakouts. Just a pea-size amount is enough to cover the affected area; avoid areas near the eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Do not over-wash or use astringents or harsh scrubs. This can cause skin irritation and ultimately worsen acne.
- Use an oil-free product that does not clog pores on your face.
- Avoid picking or squeezing pimples, as doing this can allow acne-causing bacteria to enter deeper into the skin. Picking or Popping acne can lead to more inflammations and ultimately permanent scarring.
- Wear a clean face mask every day. During the pandemic, it is important to wear a face mask whenever you go out but to protect your skin from acne-causing bacteria, make sure you wash your face make regularly and wear a fresh one each day.
- If you have an oily scalp, then it is necessary to shampoo every day. This is especially recommended if you have problem areas around the hairline.
- Take a shower after a physical activity that causes you to sweat. Wearing a hat or a helmet can increase oil production.
- Early treatment can prevent a massive breakout and scarring.
- Sun exposure can worsen your acne, and some acne formulations can make your skin more susceptible to the sun. So, whenever you step out in the sun, make sure you apply a non-greasy sunscreen.
- Excessive use of cosmetics can clog skin pores and worsen acne. Therefore, limit the use.
- Keep your hands away from your; touching your skin can cause flareups.
- Learn to manage stress.
If you have tried over the counter topical treatments for several weeks and has not seen improvements, book an appointment with a dermatologist who can prescribe the best acne treatments for teens that helps to treat moderate to severe problem. You can buy acne medications online at an exciting price.