The main mantra of a fruitful life is a positive thinking. Think positive and be positive, the problems of your life will be pass with the pace of time.
The main reason behind the depression problem is negative thinking and other unwanted life events. So a person should always be positive and determined to fight everything. Lead a healthy lifestyle and never feel low.
Depression is the disease which occurs due to low mood and this lead to an aversion to activity or apathy that can affect a person’s thoughts, behavior, feelings and sense of well-being. This is one of the most dangerous diseases nowadays, which is affecting most of the youth. The depressed mood can lead to major depression and this can lead to symptoms of another psychiatric disease. But, if diagnosed early can lead to proper cures and can prevent from other mental disorders.
The people suffering from depression can feel sad, anxious, empty, hopeless, helpless, worthless, guilty, irritable, angry, ashamed or restless. They slowly lose interest in activities which use to give them pleasure. They experience other symptoms such as loss of appetite, overeating, have problems concentrating, difficulty in decision making, suicidal ideation, excessive sleeping, insomnia, fatigue, aches, pains, digestive problems or reduced energy. The symptoms of depression if experience before the disease gets converted into a major depression, this disease can easily be recognized and treated very easily and quickly. So always keep these depressive symptoms in your mind and whenever you experience any of these symptoms, consult your psychiatrists as soon as possible.
Causes of the depression
There are many causes of the disease and some of the reasons are as follows:
- Life Events- any unwanted event which occurred during the childhood can cause depression. The unwanted events like bereavement, neglect, mental abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse and unequal parental treatment of siblings can contribute to depression in adulthood. The other reasons can be menopause in the women, natural disasters, social isolation bullying during childhood, relationship troubles, etc all this can lead to major depression and it is very harmful and difficult to cure in the later stage. So always have a healthy environment around you and be positive.
- Personality- sometimes the weak personality of the person also leads to major depression. Neuroticism and low extraversion can also cause major depression. There are many studies which prove these are the causes of many mental disorders.
- Genetics- sometime the disease occurs in someone due to family history. A family history of depression may increase the risk of major depression. Major depression is complex trait and it is triggered by the different genes that each exerts small effects, rather than a single gene that contributes to disease risk.
- Medical treatments- there are some drugs which can cause depression symptoms to appear. Some of the drugs which may cause depression are-
- drugs of anxiety like alprazolam, clonazepam, lorazepam and diazepam
- high blood pressure drugs like reserpine, beta blockers, and methyldopa
- Substance-induced depression- the addiction and other drug abuse can cause depression. These include alcoholism, sedatives, opioids, stimulants, hallucinogens and inhalants. So avoid these addictions and protect yourself from this dangerous disease.
- Nonpsychiatric illness- there are other diseases which are non-psychiatric disorders and can lead to depression. There are many infectious disorders, neurological disorders, physiological disorders; etc can lead to major depression.
If the disease is diagnosed early can be treated easily. So if anyone on the depressive symptoms appears consult your doctors and there are questionnaires and checklists such as the Beck Depression Inventory or the Children’s Depression inventory can be used effectively by the mental health provider to detect depression. There are other diagnostic methods are also available to diagnose depression.
Depressed mood may not always require the help of a doctor, it may be a normal reaction to life events, a symptom of a medical condition, or a side effect of some drugs or medical treatment. The depressed mood need doctors help when it is occurring for a long time and there are some other symptoms with depressed mood. If the serious condition of major depression occurs, then there are various treatment methods should be followed-
- Depression medicines– there are many antipsychotic drugs which help in the treatment of depression. So consult your doctor and get the best medicine for yourself.
- Psychotherapy- it’s one of the best methods for the treatment of the depression. It helps in lifting the mood and help patients with depression improve coping skills.
- Interpersonal therapy- it is a type of therapy which develops positive thinking in the patients.
Enjoy with your family and friends. Always think positive and create a positive environment around you. The best depression treatment method is to get indulge in fun activities as much as you can.