Description of the drug
Carvedilol is a beta blocker drug, this medicament is used to treat high blood pressure, prevent stroke, certain heart rhythm problems, and kidney problems.
Indications and Usage
Carvedilol is an effective beta blocker, it gets binds with beta receptor present in the heart and smooth muscles of the heart. It causes the widening and relaxing of the heart muscles that helps the heart to pump the blood effortlessly throughout the body and provides oxygen, thus this drug cure hypertension and improves the survival and prevent future heart attack and can cure various heart related problems like irregular heartbeat, chest pain, and chronic angina.
Dosage and Administration
1. Recommended dose:
The dose may vary according to the patient condition therefore it is advised to take this medicament as per your doctor’s direction.
2. Method of Administration:
Cardivas 3.125 mg is available in the form of a tablet taken orally by mouth with a glass of water,it is advised to take at the same time in which you are taking each day, with or without food as directed by your doctor. Do not break, crush, or chew the tablet, it will cause you a bitter taste.
3. Missed dose
If you miss one or more doses; take the next dose on time.Do not take more than your doctor is prescribed.
The overdose of any drug can cause severe effects. The overdose symptoms may include extreme drowsiness, agitation, aggression, shallow breathing, weakness, fainting, headache, vomiting and many other allergic symptoms. In any case, of overdose, you should immediately contact your doctor.
Forms and Strengths
The drug Carvedilolis available in the following strength under the brand name of:
- Cardivas - 3.125 mg tablet
- Cardivas – 6.25 mg tablet
- Cardivas – 12.5 mg tablet
- Cardivas – 25 mg tablet
- This drug should not be used in patients with known or suspected hypersensitivity to any of the ingredients present in the formulation.
- This drug is contraindicated in patients having a sick- sinus syndrome
- This drug should not be given to the patient having second or third degree AV block
- This drug should not be given to the patient having severe bradycardia
- This drug is contraindicated with the patient having severe hepatic impairment
- This drug should not be given to the patient having a history of heart failure.
- This drug should not be given to the patient with bronchial asthma or lung related problem. Administration of this drug in such conditions may cause a fatal effect.
- This drug is not suitable for lactating mothers and pregnant women, prior consult your doctor and then start this medicine.
Warnings and precautions
Remember that Carvedilolcannot be consumed by patients who are allergic to the medicine and its ingredients. Before buying Cardivas 3.125 mg tablets online, it is necessary to do a thorough research on its ingredients.
If a patient suffered recently with excessive vomiting and/or diarrhea, then this drug is not suitable, consult your doctor before taking this medicament.
If a patient is suffering from any kind of liver and kidney problem, including dialysis treatment, mental disorder such as depression,this drug is harmful in these conditions, therefore, it is advised to consult your doctor and let him know about your medical history prior taking this drug.
If a patient is having or had the problem of swelling of the face, lips, throat and tongue, then, consult your doctor prior taking this medicine.
Do not drive or use any machinery because using these tablets may have a minor or moderate effect on your ability to drive and using of machines. They may cause
dizziness, so avoid driving and use of machines, while taking this drug
Use this drug with caution in elderly patients, older adults may be more sensitive to the side effects of this drug.
Tell your doctor if you have any side effects that bothers you or does not go away.
Some common side effects that can occur:
- Low blood pressure
- Stuffy nose
- Some rare side effect can occur which will be serious:-
- Shortness of breath
- Blurred vision
- Very rapid and irregular heartbeat, brain attack (stroke)
- Inflammation of the liver
- Reduced number of red blood cells (anaemia)
- Reduced number of platelets
- Liver function abnormalities
- Muscle and joint pain
- Flu-like symptoms
- Back pain and urinary tract infection
- Sensitivity to light
- Unexplained weight gain
- Low sodium levels in the blood
- Swelling of hands
- High level of potassium in the blood
- Changes in your kidney function (renal impairment, renal failure)
- Low level of sugar in the blood
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice)
These are the drugs that can alter the pharmacological effect of Cardivas:
- Antifungals such as itraconazole and ketoconazole
- Other beta blockers such as atenolol, metoprolol, nadolol, propranolol and timolol
- Medications to treat high blood pressure
- Non-steroidal, anti-inflammatory painkillers (such as ibuprofen, or diclofenac)
- COX-2 inhibitors like celecoxib, etoricoxib
- Lithium, a drug used to treat certain mental disorders
- Diuretics eg furosemide
- ACE inhibitors such as captopril and lisinopril.
- Other blood pressure lowering medicines it may cause additional reduction in the blood
Ask your doctor and get the full list of drugs that may increase the possibility of drug interactions or interfere with the effectiveness of Cardivas 3.25 mg tablet.
Cardivas 3.25 mg tablet comprises of an active pharmaceutical ingredient called Carvedilol. Itis a beta blocker drug that binds to the beta receptor inhibit certain natural substances that leads to the contraction of the blood vessel, thus it widened and relax the blood vessel so that heart does not have to work hard and allow blood and oxygen to flow more easily to the heart, it may also lower the heart rate.
Cardivas 3.25 mg tablets should be stored in a safe place that is away from heat and moisture. Do not refrigerate. Keep it out of the reach of children and pets. Do not keep the tablets out in open.
Cardivas 3.25 mg tablet is manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Private Limited, Sun Pharma is an Indian multinational company located in Mumbai, India. You can easily buy Cardivas 3.125 mg online from our website and have it delivered at your doorstep.